Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Flashlight

G'day,

I just thought I might release this Flashlight addon, works perfectly no bugs found yet.

Some screenshots for those who want them:

FL_1.jpg

FL_2.jpg

(Currently making version 1.05 which has improved features and fixed bugs.)

Uh, nice... a link would be nice biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

ROFL, I feel so stupid, theres a Link now tounge_o.gif

EDIT: Oh and the new pictures are up, and visible - at least on my screen anyways. wink_o.gif

Version 1.05 will be out soon fixing multiple bugs.

- After death light stays on.

- Fix Light Position when pistol is being used

- Fix Light Position when secondary weapon is being used.

To be New Features:

- Light turns off when you put torchedweapon away or drop it.

- (not definite) Make the flashlight an actual weapon with a torch.

- Smaller beam of light

- After death light stays on.

Really nice addon there, but wouldn't it actually be more realistic when it stays on when you die?

maybe you could have two different flashlights scripted, one that is on when the man carrying it is dead and one that turns off when the man carrying it is dead wink_o.gif

That would be like if you are actually switching the light througth a pressure switch pad that is normally located in the weapon, once you are dead you won't be doing much pressure in the switch biggrin_o.gif

A torch only addon sounds good too, very good actually.

Thanks for the link. wink_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

edit:1kb size? lol, all addons should be like that, the readme is bigger size. I haven't tested yet thou, so I may have the wrong file?

Cool. Defo need this to be a weapon addon tho, rather than a unit. A flashlight you can add to troops like NV goggles and binos would rock the fat one.

EEEEKK!

Oh man this is great, instantly thinking of 100's of missions... and ohh yes  crazy_o.gif  Ive had an super idea... thank you all!

*goes off to fiddle with ofp some more...  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT

for you high end pc guys, how about some screenshots with those elite urban soldiers with the gasmasks... blues.gifghostface.gif

the problem is that u cant realyl script he light

its as bitchy as to script vehicle lights

nice addition but its been already made

nice addon, i didn't see something like this before. great. smile_o.gif

lol not mentioning the xm29 :P

link?

XM29 is "The" OICW. The one with a 20mm GL and a ballistics comp. bolted together with a G36.

OFPFiles Mirror

Great addon - it's surprising no-one has thought of this before...

There is a flashlight addon made by InQ. too, what are the diferences betwean these may i ask rock.gif .

INQs one is extremely weird, the light comes from your torso and shines to the right... But a great attempt at that.

Oh and I decided that the light stays on after death but only for a small while... Currently working on how to make it be a weapon, doesnt look to promising.

EDIT: Mapfacts one is the same but a different color.

- My version has the light coming roughly from the gun.

- Mapfact and INQs come from the shoulder/torso. rock.gif

Updates:

- Light stays on after death

- Possible with Aim to shoot their light out.

- Flashlight weapon is beyond me.

- If the unit with the flashlight drops weapon with FL he looses his FL abilitie. (Not Tested)

Anyone who could help me make a scripted light that could work with a weapon please do. Otherwise its just a set unit that can do it.

At 12pm at night, a PLA patrol with flashlights walking through shrub still dont notice me hiding in the grass. Even I cant see me. (command view) I had another guy but he got shot when we got to close. Sorry for bad picture quality.

ambush.JPG

Just moments later I ambushed them, 1 ADF SASR (me). ) I had another guy but he got shot when we got to close.

v1.05 suggestions

Question: Should I make a new class with all the original units in it but with flashlight or should I just make 4 different soldiers, one East - one West; and a Blackop/Spetznaz model.

For Modmakers and or players

If you wish to edit brightness or size and class of this addon go ahead, just if you wish to re-release it please put me down in the readme/credits. wink_o.gif

Updates

- Weapon is not possible

- Flashlight for multiple sides

- Flashlight has a unscripted %70 chance of turning off at death. (This is due to most deaths be by grenade or will have their torch shot out, most arm injuries may destroy your torch, a medic though will probably fix it though)

Bugs

- When using secondary weapon, light is projected from torso

- When using pistol, light is projected from torso

- Light always faces forwards no matter what direction your mouse or gun is pointing.

Anyone who knows how to fix any of the bugs email me or PM.

RommelVonRichtofen@hotmail.com