Sign in to follow this  
WackyIraqi

New Ocean Island

hey guys, since pappy is a freakin tard, he forgot the credits in the readme so here is a cooler, and way better version lol.

Quote[/b] ]******************New Ocean Island Version 1.5*****************

*******Created by USMC Sniper * Reworked By Too-Tall and WackyIraqi******

***Contents***

-Changes-

-Installation-

-Credits-

-Legal Mumbo-jumbo-

***List of Changes***

<Overhauled Factory - Duh, changed the factory!>

<New Coast Guard Port - Explains itself.....>

<Tweaked AirPort - Changed some textures and added a radar dish>

<New Farm Area - Put a farm type area back in the boonies, try going through it at nigh while walking alone. Pretty Spooky.......>

<Cooler Highway - Our highway is now officially dedicated to USMC Sniper and it also has some highway barriers going down the middle!>

<Added Signs - Added some road signs like New Ocean Island International Airport and City Limits and stuff like that>

***Installation***

Just extract all the files to your OFP/Add-ons or OFP/Res/Addons or any mod folder of your choice. If you already have a file like it, overwrite it.

***Credits***

USMC Sniper –First created this Island

WackyIraqi – Helped with the design of original Island and redesign

Too-Tall – Helped with the redesign of this Island

Col. Klink – Donated Sign Models

Brataccas – Applied the textures for us

***Legal Mumbo-Jumbo***

If this add-on makes your computer go into cardiac arrest or any other thing it might feel like doing, it is not WackyIraqi, USMC Sniper, Too-Tall, Col. Klink, Brataccas, BIS, Codemasters’, or any other thing you might feel like blaming it on, fault for destroying your computer.

im making myself a military base island too lol, its pretty cool so far (all i have is the airport so far)

hey guys, since pappy is a freakin tard, he forgot the credits in the readme so here is a cooler, and way better version lol.

hey screw you and the horse you rode in on mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

I use this island in my movie. Really great island, special for movie biggrin_o.gif

great island! I think it would be a good idea to start focusing on making new buildings and the expansion of the main city itself. Would be cool if this island achieved its original goal to make a non-laggy but massive city.

this island achived that goal. if it gets any bigger it will be laggy. sure your framerates are pretty high now, but keep inmind when you make a mission on here, units take up FPS too.

i may get 70fps on desert island but you put in enough units and ill be down to 20 or 30.

same for this island. its set up for a big city feel and allows for a decent sized mission to be made for it

it would be nearly impossible to make a massive city without lots of lag UNLESS:

A)Use lots of resistance non-enterable buildings

B)Had the worlds greatest computer

C)made super low poly buildings like cube's for every building

me and pappy are finished fixing this island. if you would like to fix it yourself, go right ahead. i belive it is nice enough for me. not too much, and not too little. just perfect for me.

... and we go to chopper4 with the traffic

(insert helicopter sounds here)

yea bob we got a pile up on the USMC-Sniper highway with an overturned glue truck, so becareful not to get stuck in traffic; and downtown we got bumper to bumper traffic with waht apperes to be a T72 armored vehicle taking up 2 lanes of traffic bottlenecking everything up. back to you dan.

Ouch for the lag.

Nice... Though on the left side (further), the 5-ton is a bit too close to the 'lil car...

P.S. Traffic didn't stop Bond in Goldeneye...

hi, i would like to know where can i get the working version of the swat truck include in the New Ocean Island?

Now all we need is a generic horn sound to place in triggers of the traffic jams. And a scudlauncher.

Heyhey, I dont, think there is one actually. At least I just de-PBOed it and edited the config a little.

Hey i have a problem.

1. Whenever i choose a criminal, it doesn't show it's body? So the person would be invisiable, and when i try shooting with the person, my ofp would crash to the desktop?

2. When i choose the security guard, it says "no entry 'model special'.

Please help?

Also how could get the siren to turn on for the cop cars?

Well, at least that proves the M113 ain't totally useless!

Trafficjamsolver.JPG

Exigent, which criminal are you exactly talking about? For me, all others work fine but the "Bank Robber". And the other biker's helmet is untextured.

Ya the bank robbers, for me it keeps saying the 'model entry" thing? Same with some criminals in the restinance side. confused_o.gif

Hey i have a problem.

1. Whenever i choose a criminal, it doesn't show it's body? So the person would be invisiable, and when i try shooting with the person, my ofp would crash to the desktop?

2. When i choose the security guard, it says "no entry 'model special'.

Please help?

Also how could get the siren to turn on for the cop cars?

yea some of them dont work.. the orginal creator USMC Sniper did those people and left them unfinished. all thats left is us lowly island editors (myself and wackyiraqi)... althou i suppose if i put my mind to it i might be able to fix those few bugs by either removing them or adjusting whatever needs adjusted.. i dunno ill think about it. but no promises.

as for the cop car.. just press spacebar or whatever button u use to cycle thru the avalable weapons.. u will find 3 sirens in there.

Aright thanks Pappy, and i didn't mention it before but this island is so cool! Lol i have a crappy pc and i get no lag. Thanks. Also what is the difference between the Police Cruiser and the Police Cruiser MP?

no frickin clue biggrin_o.gif

thats actualy from another addon maker called "JMG"

he made a firetruck too smile_o.gif

and thats good that you dont have any lag.. when i took on this project i remember my old 256ram 1.5P4 computer...

and it seemed like island makers alwys had some supercomputer from NASA or something and had 90000000000000000 objects on the damned island and then go "it doesnt lag!!!111one" and im like "Wtf are you smoking?"

so when i took on the project i wanted to make a decent "city like" island with everything u need.. but without the lag that u dont need.

The difference between the two seems to be that the "MP" version bangs her sirens all the time, while the normal doesn't.

Yea, this island doesn't lag! I actually created a "generic traffic jam" with ALL the city's streets (minus the highway, airport etc) filled with cars, and it didn't lag! Well, that was until I put an abrams platoon to roam in the city. Seems that waypoints and grouping lags the most.

Whenever I load Ocean Island I get an error saying

Error Loading bas_o\_palm1\baspalm4.p3d (Magic)

Can anyone help?

Here on this site you can find Tonal Island. In this should be the needed files.

Whats the actuall PBO what has the Police Officers in it?

***EDIT***

Nevermind got it. smile_o.gif