Sign in to follow this  
VladAlex

High Detailed Combat Zone

Hello and sorry for my very poor English, I’m French…

There are new screens from my project High Detailed Combat Zone.

This project is very simple. I will make Small Island, for small or medium engagement, in able to play in multiplayer or simply to make very fun missions. Actually I’m working on a modification of the very well known Desert Island. Those screens are from the map named “Old Arab townâ€.

hdcz17kh.th.jpg

hdcz31vf.th.jpg

hdcz25hj.th.jpg

hdcz49mh.th.jpg

hdcz53vq.th.jpg

hdcz67nk.th.jpg

I like the screens, but the addons you're using... well, that's gonna be a hit for performance - Tonal + CAT's afghanistan is a lot of MBytes to be loaded into memory... hopefully thanks to small island size it won't be as bad as I think (maybe...). wink_o.gif

Its a small island, so the frame rate is very high. For the moment at 50 % of the final release, the island is very playable. It just take 1 second to charge the island from the editor !

Looking good Vlad Alex. I'm doing a similar type of island right now but based on a european/north american city.

How big is your city? I'm limiting mine to 1x1km but so far I have about 15,000 objects, I'll prob be closer to 40,000 when finished.

Hey Vlad Alex, do you know a link to download the old arab town map? Thanks

For the moment my city in not very big. 300x150 mÄtre. I dont have the number of object because i only work on the mission editor. Its very long and hard, but i havent got any other choice because i dont know how to make island with others editors...

I m a french noobs... biggrin_o.gif

The map is not done ! So no link for the moment !

Great idea. After seeing alot of footage from dusty allys of Falluja, I've been looking for something like this.

lol! its not the size of your map that will lag...its the number of objects u place on 1 spot that will give lag there.

Example:- a million objects scattered around a large 512 X 512 island will not lag, but a million objects placed on a small tiny 64 X 64 island will - halelujah!!!!! we'll need sadam hussien's circa 1990 famous mother qoute not about war but on lag wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

I dont have the number of object because i only work on the mission editor. Its very long and hard, but i havent got any other choice because i dont know how to make island with others editors...

I m a french noobs...  biggrin_o.gif

rock.gif

This sounds like it should've been a thread in Mission Editing

section.

You should really check out visitor (island makin' tool), to

create a real island, as your HDCZ will not only cause lag

to screen, but to all missions made there, as it always would

have to be part of the mission and so the big object count.  wink_o.gif

:edit - check out the last two forum sections on this page

below, to get some more info about island (or addon) making:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....rd.cgi?

:hint - it's so called: BREATHE and OXYGEN

~S~ CD

Vlad Alex I would suggest learning to use Wrptool. It comes with a great instruction manual and is sorta similar to using the mission editor compared to visitor.

You will run into a limit of the # of placeable objects using the mission editor, I believe it is a thousand or so.

Island looks good, but you really need to make it with an island creator tool.

If you can do that - well then great!

Im just doing that ! I rebuild my isand in the wrp tool ! It will not be exactly the same island, but i trie to make an other one as good as the first !

Im in good way with the wrp tool, but im seekeing some Us radio realist voice on the net, in order to make a good trailer... Dont you have some adress to find desesperates sound of american in difficulties ?

I will make some screenshoots very soon !

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING

IRAK !

News screenshoot of Samara island (an irakian island) in the wrptool editor !

The center of the city with the Great Mosquee.

Screen01.JPG.xs.jpg

3D view of the old city. You can identify old medieval wall in brown.

Screen03.JPG.xs.jpg

a 3D view of one of the principal roads of the town.

Screen04.JPG.xs.jpg

I know, those screens are not very spectacular. Wait wait wait. A little but realist map is coming for the flashpoint comunity.

hi vladalex,

real nice city layout, looks like a real "kasbah", if this doesnt lag i guess i will start some city fighting, always avoided cities in ofp till now, they look too artificial in my eyes, but this layout looks

real good wink_o.gif

keep it up

Honcho

VladAlex -

just wanted to know, how work on your project is progressing

hope you are still at it, since i was really looking forward, to have a peack at your new city structure smile_o.gif

greets Honcho