Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Gran Turismo 4

in the Uk its out on the 9th... which is cool, because its the day before my birthday smile_o.gif

But I gotta wait 6 days after metal gear solid 3 is released to play it

I can't wait for this now! I've even put off Metal Gear Solid 3 for the time being just to make time to play this.

9th of March remember UK people. We can add it our calendar! xmas_o.gif

I wasn't impressed with this game myself, really, it doesn't do justice to any American cars. Apparently, the mustang can't turn, the dodge daytona (w/ a hemi!) can't go past 160, and a 454 chevelle sounds like a honda at full tilt! Not impressed, will probably still buy it.

-BreakerOut

Man I want to buy this game so bad, but no damn $$$$ for me sad_o.gif

I wasn't impressed with this game myself, really, it doesn't do justice to any American cars. Apparently, the mustang can't turn, the dodge daytona (w/ a hemi!) can't go past 160, and a 454 chevelle sounds like a honda at full tilt! Not impressed, will probably still buy it.

-BreakerOut

having been in a mustang.... it cant turn (unless youve got a space the size of a football pitch)

breaker 44, every car in the game works exactly as it would in real life. And like Hunta said, those things cant turn for shit.

Does anyone here know if the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel for PS2, is compatible with the PC?

I've read that it runs off of a USB connection, but I haven't been able to find out from anyone, whether or not they also work on PC?

Edit: Searched the RSC Forums (Race Sim Central)....found my answer, and for anyone else wondering, yes, the wheel does indeed work on both platforms.......It was unsupported on PC (but worked), and since then, Logitech have released drivers for it.....

I'll now be pickin one of these up tomorrow! biggrin_o.gif

Well, I guess beating bimmers and strudel wagons in the turns don't mean shit to you boys. Ever heard of trans-am racing?

Read yer history and yer race results. The dodge daytona and plymouth superbird in street trim w/ the 426 hemi are capable of over 200 mph. So GT4 sucks.

Check Race Result Page

-BreakerOut

Does anyone here know if the Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel for PS2, is compatible with the PC?

I've read that it runs off of a USB connection, but I haven't been able to find out from anyone, whether or not they also work on PC?

Edit: Searched the RSC Forums (Race Sim Central)....found my answer, and for anyone else wondering, yes, the wheel does indeed work on both platforms.......It was unsupported on PC (but worked), and since then, Logitech have released drivers for it.....

I'll now be pickin one of these up tomorrow! biggrin_o.gif

Slightly OT:

I have this wheel and it is awesome, I only use it for my PC.

Lovely option to have a 900 degree turning radius biggrin_o.gif

Been playing GT4 for about a week now.I wasn't even looking for its release.I looked on Ebgames last week,saw it released and mentioned the 650 cars and I went and bought it that night.

I am glad its loaded with cars again.And why on earth its not on PC amazes me.For all those other racing games,something about winning and working your way to new cars keeps me playing it.Its surely incentive to win.

(Sega GT had a Jap PC version a bit ago that was similiar to Gran Turismo but only had a few cars)

Oh and to win races that have corners, DON'T drive Mustangs,lol

I am glad its loaded with cars again.And why on earth its not on PC amazes me.For all those other racing games,something about winning and working your way to new cars keeps me playing it.Its surely incentive to win.

(Sega GT had a Jap PC version a bit ago that was similiar to Gran Turismo but only had a few cars)

Cause it's Sony who made the game...

Sega as far as I know doesnt make consoles anymore, only games, so they gotta make em for other consoles/pc

I just picked it up today at the mall

GT4.jpg

It's Friggin great!!!!!

Some cars are more detailed than others, but they still all look pretty damn good.  THe ones that are super detailed are amazing, mostly during the sunfall races where the sun is tilting at your car, it looks almost real.  They really got the lighting dead-on in this game...

and those screenshots you see certainly are no joke, that's the real deal right there

GT4 has been taking up pretty much all my 'gaming' spare time....That includes forum browsing!

The Driving Force Pro Wheel really makes the game much more enjoyable......I encourage anyone who loves there driving sims to try one out!

At the momment, I'm at around 26% completion. Photo mode is nice, but I would have much prefered non-retarded AI over it.......sure, the AI can be fun to drive with, but that's only when one drives to their style of racing........otherwise they're frustratingly retarded, and when I'm recovering from a spin, it's all too often that they shunt me up the rear, sending me into another spin. mad_o.gif

Otherwise, it's great for hotlapping, and that keeps me quite content. smile_o.gif

GT4 has been taking up pretty much all my 'gaming' spare time....That includes forum browsing!

pretty much the same here biggrin_o.gif

gladly i have a friend who owns a ps2 so i don´t even have to buy it .

we started playing 4 days ago and have completed 22% so far :P

the physics can´t beat richard burns rally but all in all it´s got to be one of the best ps2 games around.

Quote[/b] ]

1971 : Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi

(I know somebody that's got a nice one hiding under a cover in his garage... original paint too.)

1970 : Charger 440 R/T

(Same guy was driving home from work one day and saw a cherry-red one with white interior and top for sale on the side of the road about 10 years ago. Knocked on the door and a little old lady said she was getting too old for such a big car. Under 40k miles iirc.

1903(?) : Tank Car

(Jay Leno, this 'thing' is unreal, big-block prototype aircooled gas-piston tank engine on a custom body with a racing-tuned Allison truck tranny, iirc it was a prototype M-48 Patton engine...)

Almost enough to make me get a PS2... sad_o.gif Any chance of a PC version... ever?

It lists a track in Tsukuba. It's not actually a track in RL, it's the Japan National Auto-safety research center. Nice big dented oval, drag lane, plus cross-overs iirc. Never get in a car wreck anywhere near Tsukuba, even just a fender-bender bump. They'll do a full accident investigation, because they can and they're close, and it's 'research'.

Now the streets of tsukuba though... smile_o.gif it's probably the only place in Japan with big wide, and straight arterials that go on for quite a number of km. I'm sure they have camera's at every intersection as a result, plus it is a college town after all. North side of town is Bloodbrother's custom lowriders, probably one of the biggest collections of the finest custom cadillacs in greater Tokyo, if not all of Japan. There was probably at least two dozen in there at any given time, plus the 'black dragon'...

What they're sadly missing is the tambo's of Hokuriku...

[natsukashii]

One fine christmas day I hopped in a car to go christmas caroling to some friends in outskirts of Komatsu in Ishikawa-ken. We went all over the place and ended up out at one guy's house about an hour out of town, probably about 15min from where the Yankee's Hideki Matsui was born and raised incidently. Anyway, when we were done with our song and dance, we were in a panic as we realized we biffed our schedule and needed to be back in town in 30 minutes, a normal drive of about 60 minutes.

We'd been riding around with one guy in his little putt-putt car, but it was clear we'd 'need' to switch cars and hitch a ride back to town with trusty fukuoka-san and his pimped Imprezza WRX. So we packed all five of us in, myself the nerd, the chubby kid from LA, the hermit, the crazy hawaiian, and of course fukuoka driving. We warmed up the tires peeling out of the subdivision and towards the main highway leading back to town from the high mountains. It was now a little past 9pm and quite dark out, little light other than the sparse street lamps.

We took some shortcuts on the levee roads across the rice paddies (about the width of the WRX, no shoulder, 1~2m drops on either side) at a good highway rate of speed. Finding the main highway, we drifted across a number of empty lanes and floored it heading for town. Somewhere above 120kmph I noticed that the ride was much smoother, and the 'feel' of the road augmented by the g's on the corner was becoming quite fun, even though my 188cm frame was wedged in the back right corner of the car.

Insultingly, a stoplight switched to red. We pulled up along side the only other car out that night, a blacked out RX-7 FDCS with all the bells and whistles, except for the one that goes 'wooo'... wink_o.gif vooom-vum-vum-vum-v000mmmm.... He'd also heavily tinted his windows, as you couldn't tell where windows stoped and body started. Fukuoka, being a quiet-unassuming shy guy, just tapped his pedals, with one eye on his tach and one eye on the light. Blink-Blink-GREEN-BWAH-AH-AH-*get me out of the trunk!?!

Of course with the weight there was no way we could match him, even with all the hawaiian's vocal afterburner trailing on behind. We left the main road soon there after to take another shortcut across more unlit narrow levee roads, and cross some rickety old farm bridges as well, making it back with 30 seconds to spare for our appointment.

[/natsukashii]

But it's not always all about the car, skillz pwn too. One day heading up to a contract at evil Mr. Bill's, I was at a light next to some guy who just went and bought himself a brandnew Nissan turbo 350z. He was sitting there sipping his cup of four-bucks paying no attention to my grubby self in an unwashed Mazda 626 four-banger clunker with lots of dings and scratches. So I decided to school him. biggrin_o.gif By the time that he looked up and noticed the light had changed, I was already nosing across the other side of the intersection. He saw, as well as I, that his lane was closed justed whine of a n00b that doesn't know how to work a clutch, let alone g ahead. I heard the sad sound of the high-pitchet it out of first as I slipped past him and through the construction zone, never breaking the posted 10-under-the-speedlimit. That's driving life in Seattle for you, it's mortal combat. Ph34r my 1986 12-passenger Ford van of doom, it leaves mossy and oily goobers all over everything. That and my brother put the steering wheel back on twisted about 5~10 deg off center. crazy_o.gif

what you do is when u hit something and go slow... get back on the road and wait for a car to hit ya ass, that puts ya speed up quickly wink_o.gif

Offtopic, but sim racers might want to try the Live for Speed S2 Alpha demo that was released last night, only 27MB and its great ;)

Bah, you want GTR.

Pedals and a wheel are mandatory, it even features the entire Le Mans 24hrs! Mental!

Makes Grand Turismo look like an arcade game. (Which it sort of is)

Bah, you want GTR.

No I dont as it has Starforce, like I posted already on this thread :P Plus GTR feels more like a F1 Challenge mod anyway (which it pretty much is) than a game of its own, rFactor should be the next big ISI engine game.

ah forgot something, what i wanted to ask was if it is possible to use the pc logitech formula force gp wheel with the ps2 rock.gif

Anybody checked out the Photo Mode site at all? sad_o.gif