Sign in to follow this  
pajama

Gran Turismo 4

A simulation is basically proven to be more or less accurate in this case by people who know the physical world and compare, drivers are quite satisfied with GTR, stating the usual lack of G forces and feedback in pedals etc.

So why is GTR more realistic than the other games that have gone through the same thing?

Quote[/b] ]Starforce has dick all to do with GTR, it is a protection method, and if you buy the game it's not a huge problem unless you have a huge problem; always having to control everything, decompiling stuff, cracking things etc...

If Staforce has "dick all" to do with GTR, then how come GTR requires it to be installed?

Quote[/b] ]So I don't know, you seem to have issues with F1 2002, and GTR, and starforce.   Some level of discomfort with either can be expected, but this is a bit off the wall.

What issues have I had with F1 2002? What "this" is off the wall? You're the one who is off the wall by claiming that GTR has the best physics and nothing else has anything similar when you can't show any proof that it would be so.

First of all, you are getting too emotional about it.

Second, No game can simulate a real car experience without proper installments.

The best ever mathematics or whatever cannot give you the sim like experience of driving a car unless you feel it.

Neither me or my crazy friend have ever found any sim like experience in games as it deprives you of any feel of the car itself.

Have you ever driven a fast car, a very fast car?

Have you ever felt what it's like to go beyond 250+ km/h?

I liked RBR a lot but you have to learn to drive it without having to feel anything. Only by sight or "feedback experience". I went out of every bend because I coudln't tell the limit of the car grip which isn't dependable upon force feedback but as you called it a g-force.

So, even though I drive a car a lot, but I was hopless at every game there was when I started playing them. It is fun but only fun.

Now, race drivers.

GAmes like this are good for them for one simple reason. To learn the track or to be more specific - the bends. They still have to go around them in the proper car though.

How can you expect them to be honest about the sim-game as they were employed by the developement company?

They are expected to say that on public. It's called PR and marketing.

As I said,

- proper installments like a g-force chair

- feedback in pedals and steering wheel.

and now you can add all the mathematics.

About the Starfuck. Well, soon we'll have to undress before playing a game for it to check if we're honest.

I hate it too, cause it makes me feel like a thief.

A simulation is basically proven to be more or less accurate in this case by people who know the physical world and compare, drivers are quite satisfied with GTR, stating the usual lack of G forces and feedback in pedals etc.

So why is GTR more realistic than the other games that have gone through the same thing?

Quote[/b] ]Starforce has dick all to do with GTR, it is a protection method, and if you buy the game it's not a huge problem unless you have a huge problem; always having to control everything, decompiling stuff, cracking things etc...

If Staforce has "dick all" to do with GTR, then how come GTR requires it to be installed?

Quote[/b] ]So I don't know, you seem to have issues with F1 2002, and GTR, and starforce. Some level of discomfort with either can be expected, but this is a bit off the wall.

What issues have I had with F1 2002? What "this" is off the wall? You're the one who is off the wall by claiming that GTR has the best physics and nothing else has anything similar when you can't show any proof that it would be so.

Don't worry, I'm just pulling your leg. As far as I know, this is the best sim for FIA GT, and they even did some detailed Motec analysis during hte development of the game. Meaning they compared to real life data logs of the identical vehicles. There isn't much else you can do to improve the physics than to get the sim to behave in a way to match/simulate 10Hz or 100Hz data logs, and to impress the RL drivers.

Gordy, I have driven very fast cars... PS: in real life, as opposed the race track, a fast car is not the one with the highest top speed. wink_o.gif That's called a coffin and at best jail. unclesam.gif

Oh, and I think these sims simualte real driving _very_ well. You just need a different skill to get by without the G feedback. You can much more emulate racing on a PC than for example shooting weapons. smile_o.gif Same with flight.

First of all, you are getting too emotional about it.

Second, No game can simulate a real car experience without proper installments.

The best ever mathematics or whatever cannot give you the sim like experience of driving a car unless you feel it.

Neither me or my crazy friend have ever found any sim like experience in games as it deprives you of any feel of the car itself.

Have you ever driven a fast car, a very fast car?

Have you ever felt what it's like to go beyond 250+ km/h?

I liked RBR a lot but you have to learn to drive it without having to feel anything. Only by sight or "feedback experience". I went out of every bend because I coudln't tell the limit of the car grip which isn't dependable upon force feedback but as you called it a g-force.

So, even though I drive a car a lot, but I was hopless at every game there was when I started playing them. It is fun but only fun.

Now, race drivers.

GAmes like this are good for them for one simple reason. To learn the track or to be more specific - the bends. They still have to go around them in the proper car though.

How can you expect them to be honest about the sim-game as they were employed by the developement company?

They are expected to say that on public. It's called PR and marketing.

As I said,

- proper installments like a g-force chair

- feedback in pedals and steering wheel.

and now you can add all the mathematics.

About the Starfuck. Well, soon we'll have to undress before playing a game for it to check if we're honest.

I hate it too, cause it makes me feel like a thief.

Seriously, you are sadly mistaken to discount GTR in this way. First of all, the drivers were not paid to give a good opinion. There are drivers other than the owners who like it.

Second, you can learn the track some of course, it's fun, but also for people who don't have access to a race track, you can learn a lot of good driving techniques, which can actually help your ass in avoiding accidents and making proper emergency avoidance manouvers IRL. You CAN learn to drive fast in a simulator like this, as long as you get some decent practice and comparison in a real car, where you can push it to the limits at slower speeds...

Anyway, it's not just a game like war games, it's a lot more of a sim, due to the fact that it is easier to simulate racing when compared to being an infantry man... I mean seriously think about what you're saying. Remember even real military flight simulators? Do you htink that the key to learning an aircraft or emergency monouvers on them is the G force? BS: the G forces are there for an interesting effect, but they are not exactly the same as real life as it is not possible to simulate WO the simulator benig spun around in a circle and being manipulated constantly.

So anyway... this forum has a lot of hot air, but I assure you, it's a kick butt sim in terms of physics. Not perfect, but very good. And it's not about me, it's about how it was designed (as opposed to some other games), and how accurate it seems to real drivers in the series it simulates.

So I'm pretty much through convincing all of you, if you want to discount the best GT sim of 2005, go right ahead, it's your reputation not mine. biggrin_o.gif