Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

Helmets fly off when shot

The safe animation is part of sanctuary's pack?

Must be 1.5 then, cuz i have 1.4 and it doesn't have the safe anim. Ah well, i'll install 1.5.

And during the real major combat phase 1965-1968 NV's weren't in all-round use, if in use at all. Those units seem to me like early stage NAM units(with the M14 and all)

Ranger, yes, he just released his new new updated v1.5 patrol with the patrol files allready included, can get it here. As for the NVG's, removed from the config, they can be added by mission makers though. I also replaced the RTO's modeled in radio with SEBNams radio classed as a secondary weapon.

One question : does the helmet fall from the exact head's position or from a fixed height ?

By this i mean does it look good if you kill a proned or crouched soldier ?

No need to worry, it looks real enough, the height is a random value, as well as velocity, and rel pos to the body, so no matter what anim you are engaged in, the helmet will fall so quickly and with so many random variables that you won't be able to notice anything wrong. Trust me, a select few have allready seen it in action and have agreed.

Edit: Also if you are thinking about implementing it, I will throw together some sort of tutorial on how to do it then some examples and post it for everyone to see. It definatly adds a nice sense of realism and an incredable sense of how screwed you really are in combat  tounge_o.gif

Edit 2: Incase you don't believe me, this was taken right after I shot him (in slow motion of course), the helmets z velocity in this picture is positive, so it is flying up off his head. In any other positon, in noram speed, it looks like the helmt just falls or sometimes even "flys" off. This also works well when the units get blown up. smile_o.gif

What weapons did u use? And what's the SR in the SilentNDeadly MP pic?

Anyway, looking nice. The helmets falling thing too.

The troops are armed with the following:

Weapons: Mags: From:

M16A1 M16A1 20rd JJR (I think)

Car15 Car15 20rd JJR

M14 M14 20rd DanAK47

M14 Rifle Mortar

M21 M21 20rd DanAK47

M60 M60 100rd JJR (I think)

M60 Short M60 100rd JJR

M1911A1 1911 Mag WWIIEC

M79 HEAT/Buckshot SEBNAM

Flare Gun White + Colored SEBNAM

LAW LAW rockets SEBNAM

Binoculars Satchels Default BIS

Hand Grenades Default BIS

Smoke Shells Default BIS

Should be everything. In our pic we are both pointing M21's at eachother, I am looking down his scope at his eye

tounge_o.gif kinda like SPR tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.giflook here biggrin_o.gif

For all of you who want to know how its done, to modify it, do whatever you want to it (as long as I am credited), you have permission in advance tounge_o.gif .

More correctly....I was looking at his eye through his scope....ok, ok, we were both looking down each other's scope. biggrin_o.gif

Yes but remember, I shot first tounge_o.gif anyways incase you missed the post on OFP.info, I released the helmet demo addon here. The purpose of the demo is for one, for everyone to try out and see just how it looks. Second, addon makers who want to use this can use the demo as an example. As I allready said feel free to improve on it or change it in any way.

Whew, bringing this thread back to life again:

firepower3hk.th.jpg

(Click for larger image)

The latest on the soldiers, multiple primary weapon support.

Also, a deployable M60 tripod is underway... Expect beta release SOON...

You are the king! Or at least a count.

That's what we've been waiting for, it's annoying when you might need a sniper rifle AND a assault rifle on your mission and you can't take 'em. tounge_o.gif

Sweet! These units look great! Seems like there's been a gap in the quality of released 'Nam units compared with other theatres and scenarios.

At the risk of sounding like a ghoul... would this helmet flying off thing work with arms and legs too biggrin_o.gif ?

I like the sound of the deployable M60. The .30 cal system released with Invasion 44's demo was great. Are you planning something similar? I hope so!

I'd love to see a machine gunner carrying the M60 with the bipod at the front raised (like all the others), then when deployed, the machine gunner is manning a pivoting machine gun (same weapon model, but with the bipod down), could use a better anim too...

How about a bit of a suntan or some dirt on those lilly-white forearms?

I hope you can get my point through all this drivel biggrin_o.gif

Oh one more thing...could you please create a magazine for the radio? That way you can select it via the action menu and (using eventhandlers) "fire" it to send a message/play a sound file. Could show up in the inventory as a radio battery perhaps?

Good News!:

A video has been released:

Link Fixed!!! Clicka

(Right click, Save Target As)

The video shows a lot of the features included...

Enjoy.

Edit: Sorry, fixed broken link...

Nice Vid... wink_o.gif

Btw Smack Harder!

2nd BTW, The 2 weapons at once is a great breakthrough...very helpful, including in MP...and its FUN! biggrin_o.gif

Nice Vid... wink_o.gif

Btw Smack Harder!

Mmmm, fresh cooked Spam....

rock.gif

Well, my post wasn't 100% spam as I said, Nice Vid, since it is nice, the bottom part was just a side note. Your post was, however 100% spam. But now i am spamming too so im just going to shut up. BTW, Nice vid! tounge_o.gif

...New studies show that the number of people with Down Syndrome has recently increased...

Moving on... I am offering to animate weapons like shown in the vid for anyone who wants their own created addons to have this new type of animation...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone been able to use the Cav unit soldiers armed with the M-16 in the game from this addon http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8887? I tried a m-16 armed air cav soldier from this addon and when I am in game in the upper left corner it says Colt M-16, but with 0 rounds? Am I missing some addon here? I added Jam3 as per instructed in the read me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you