Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

Operation Gulf War Crisis

I didn't get any lock up's.

This is really great mod! soldier models are good, but better textures could be approciatape. Weapons are awesome still and tanks are good (just need better textures).

But I think that somebody should bring together all the great addons and start working on them again makin better textures... smile_o.gif

In the zip there is The Chain of Command's Unified Artillery addon: CoC_Arty.pbo included (11mb), why is that?

Also there is pretty much all the standard OFP addon pbo's like 6G30.pbo, Apac.pbo and LaserGuided.pbo etc. Its okay if these are edits and/or retextures, but if these are the pure original OFP files, then someone is going to really get flamed for packaging this.

Anyone know whats the real deal here?

just tested it, you need it for the artillery, like the Paladin.

and yes, USS Tarawa is missing, that was what i was waiting for sad_o.gif

I'm having trouble installing the MOD. After you open up winrar are there sopossed to be sub folders because all I got is all the files. Also I did add -nosplash -nomap -mod=OPGWC

no the target name and added qoutes at the end but still says it is invalid. I so want to play this

any suggestions?

dont double click the icon, right click and explore the zip file, that way you keep the folders and files in the right place and your game wont crash, cause it will it you just drag the addons into one folder and not the config and stuff.

I'm almost done with the small patch for this mod adressing some issues that I find most urgent - anims, error messages on startup and unfinished mission editor. I'm using some of ECP work to do the latter - is that ok if I use parts of your resource.cpp file (I'm really not skilled enough to modify it myself) ? Is that ok if I release the patch to the public when it's done ?

Any other mirrors? .cz is down to a minimal crawl at best...

<suggestion> torrent it</suggetion>

can someone post a list of whats included in this mod, I don't want to be downloading blind

i suggest you read back in the thread then wink_o.gif

where is the USS tarawa at right now then?? Cuz I would die (several times) for a nice helo carrier...

any mirrors up yet? the one news post on ofp.info just points to tactical something and it wil take me 18 hours to  d/l  wow_o.gif

i could have understanded 3 hours but dude there has to be a million people downloading it?  biggrin_o.gif

I shut he download down an hour or so ago because OFP.info despite their telling me they would has not put up a mirror. I can't even login to my FTP, there are still over 200 people downloading the file as we speak...

width.gif

sorry blackdog~

I warned you this might happen  crazy_o.gif

In the zip there is The Chain of Command's Unified Artillery addon: CoC_Arty.pbo included (11mb), why is that?

Also there is pretty much all the standard OFP addon pbo's like 6G30.pbo, Apac.pbo and LaserGuided.pbo etc. Its okay if these are edits and/or retextures, but if these are the pure original OFP files, then someone is going to really get flamed for packaging this.

Anyone know whats the real deal here?

Cause if you dont have it, it gives you an error you need it. Also some tanks whose scripts aren't finished use the COC arty scripting system.

And yes the Apac.pbo and such have edited material in them. Thats I got them from quakergamer.

dont double click the icon, right click and explore the zip file, that way you keep the folders and files in the right place and your game wont crash, cause it will it you just drag the addons into one folder and not the config and stuff.

And some files in config are missing so you will get missing addon errors if you do this, but it will work with out crashing

and what about the USS Tarawa?

It wasn't ready for the 1.30 private beta. So it wasn't included. I dont have the file to give to the public. Sorry.

@SeXyWombat

You can release the patch just pm quakergamer and ask permission first, but its ok with me. Just credit the us for the work we did.

I got the file, everything is there for the Mod, Addons, Bin, and DTA, but how do you start it?rock.gif I put the OPGWC folder into my Operation Flashpoint folder, but how do you start it?rock.gif thanks.

man i feel dumb asking this question but for some reason i still can not get this MOD to work. I got all the files and got everythign installed but when i try to add add: -nosplash -nomap -mod=OPGWC

to the target feild it says I'm wrong. Anyone mind telling me the whole code thingy?

I'm not seeing any readme with a list of peoples' work used..

Edit: Never mind, I'll let it go.

There is not readme because what you have was originally a PRIVATE beta.

A boat-load of stuff missing luckilly I retianed most of the missing stuff that was dotated to the mod over the time between DS and me, I'm considering continuing the mod, just cause I was in the army at the time of the war. And already had been helping with it..

But it went public.

I orginally put in a readme with the mod, but I think it got deleted when I had to re-upload the work. Remember this is not published work. Its just unfinished parts of a mod that an meant to be used to help others. What you downloaded is not meant to be looked at as something like CSLA- no missions, no campaigns, and no intention for 100% playablity.

I totally understand that allot of the stuff wont work, they made that clear in this thread. I just wanted to see what units to avoid trying to test so my PC wont crash.

To all those having problems/compliants.....tough. Now maybe you can start to see why the mod was unfinished. So many bits everywhere, no documentation etc etc. You guys asked for it, you got it so go do whatever you want to do and stop complaining.

This is exactly why I've stopped modding for OFP....