Sign in to follow this  
WargamingNor

What will happen this year?

I'm sure this is on every OFP fans mind, waiting for OFP 2.

I can actually just break it down into some simple questions;

1. Will OFP 2 be showcased at this years E3?

2. Will BIS give us any kind of community updates, news, interviews, media, etc. etc. during 2005?

3. Will the official OFP 2 site be updated this year? (http://www.flashpoint2.com)

4. Will BIS explain to the community why OFP 2 and OFP Xbox were delayed - and why the 99% silence that's been enforced?

5. I'm not sure if this question should be here (but rather in the Codemasters forum), but I'll ask it anyway; -Claire from Codemasters did an interview with Marek at last years E3. Will we ever see this interview?

Everyone else can feel free to add their own questions as they see fit in this thread.

It would be nice if Maruk or Suma would enter the forums and answer some of these questions (even just a "no comment" would suffice) - but most likely this thread will be closed... sad_o.gif

I (and probably everyone else on this forum) can wait for OFP 2 - be it 2006 or 2010. But it would be nice to get some snippets of information from the developers from time to time - it wouldn't have to be very often, maybe once a month?

Well, this is just something I had to let out... now let's just see what the future holds for us OFP folks... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I (and probably everyone else on this forum) can wait for OFP 2 - be it 2006 or 2010

I don't know about 2010 in fact if I hear ofp Xbox has been delayed for another year (I mean it's nearly spring and we still haven't heard much) then its a safe bet flashpoint 2 will be set back too.

I might loose intrest wow_o.gifsad_o.gif. I might think "oh well another developer fades into the shadows" sad_o.gif

2010 were (hopefully) just an example. The summer 2006 date might not hold (at the Codies site, the date is now 12 april 2006), it could be christmas 2006 or even winter/spring 2007 before it gets released.

OFP Xbox is set for june 1 2005 at the Codies site. If we don't get any information on either games before E3, I certainly hope we will learn more during E3!

I'm a patient man and a longstanding OFP fanatic - so even if both games will suffer heavy delays yet again, I'll still be here waiting for them... playing good old OFP biggrin_o.gif

<s>I smell mods coming to close this</s>

BTW, noticed that number of ppl playing MP now has been lowered in the last couple of months (or maybe the whole 2004)

Maybe it's time to boost the morale wink_o.gif

EDIT: I was totaly wrong crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

I am wondering about flashpoint 2 also. I hope we will be given something at e3 this year, I am dying for a screenshot :P

The silence is killing me, I really want to know what's going on with it, just a few glimpses or snippets of news would reassure all of us I think. It doesn't bode well for the game when there's absolutely nothing said about it and its sites are never updated. Let's hope 2005 sees more in the way of announcements about the game.

The silence is killing me, I really want to know what's going on with it, just a few glimpses or snippets of news would reassure all of us I think. It doesn't bode well for the game when there's absolutely nothing said about it and its sites are never updated. Let's hope 2005 sees more in the way of announcements about the game.

the silence is killing every 1337 OFP maniac on the planet crazy_o.gif I don't think I can hold much longer tounge_o.gif

they really should say/show something. the silence in the announcement department makes me feel there's a silence in the dev department too sad_o.gif

The time will come, but I sure would like to see a picture.

Doesn't have to be big, could be a picture of a unfinished weapon, building, tank or car.

The picture just need to be 100x100, 72 pix/inch.

I would be talking about that for a month if I saw something from OFP2.

But the time will come. Patients people.

[thinking]What the hell I'm I thinking, I don't have any patient crazy_o.gif [/thinking]

smile_o.gif

but I sure would like to see a picture.

The picture just need to be 100x100, 72 pix/inch.

f4mo.jpg

wink_o.gif

Hahahaha... that's so evil.  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Ditto wow_o.gif  sad_o.gif

EDIT: Errmm.. this is 96 pix/inch I asked for a 72 pix/inch.

tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

But the time will come. Patients people.

[thinking]What the hell I'm I thinking, I don't have any patient crazy_o.gif [/thinking]

smile_o.gif

You mean patients as in lunatic ward patients? Because that will be the faith for everyone here waiting for OFP 2... if we don't get any information soon...  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Patience is a virtue someone once said... but then again; someone probably said an enema is a pleasent experience...  crazy_o.gif

And... that screen is beyond pure evil...

I might think "oh well another developer fades into the shadows" sad_o.gif

Original developers do not fade. wink_o.gif

afugfuye/&%&/47632r¤%#Wf.... sorry, I just had a mild heartattack here...

I thought I saw a post from Suma in here... *looks again*... yep. biggrin_o.gif

SUMA!! biggrin_o.gif

allright, time to edit my post and make sense.. gotta.. control.. adrenaline...

EDIT: allright, where to start, ehh... MAn it's great to see a post from you! biggrin_o.gif how are you? for starters! biggrin_o.gif

Say, some guys in my clan would like to play OFP online, care to join us? biggrin_o.gif PM me if you've got some spare minutes... oh man... this is prolly in vain... but would make a nice addition to the Compat Photography thread! "Suma spotted in raiding operation" tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Original developers do not fade.  wink_o.gif

Unless they use (a) crack wink_o.gif

developer on crack..

*thinks of the graphic bugs*

Suma reveals his true self! wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Your a wiley one... eh mate? I didn't get it at first... good thinking.

At least now we know they know about this thread... and have acknowledged it.

hope they haven't _CRACKNOWLEDGED_ it... omg that was a lame one crazy_o.gif

now that we've seen Suma post here we can live peacefully for a few weeks wink_o.gif

the waiting not killing me I I still play ofp for hours on end wink_o.gif anyway, if there no news at this E3 from BIS then I fear the worst, sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Suma never said anything about ofp at all though

That were to be expected. Anyways, it's nice to see they're alive wink_o.gif

I have 2 more questions - although they will probably not be answered either...;

1. Are there any work being done on OFP 2 at all? Or is it completly on hold, until OFP Xbox is released?

2. What are BI's feelings towards everyone here that is waiting for OFP 2? Examples; "impatient crybabies", "poor souls", etc. We all know you care about your fans, but I have the feeling some among us are beginning to get disillusioned - and might abandon the whole OFP franchise (that would perhaps be their loss...). The ultimate question in this, is perhaps; why the decision to keep completly quiet, when the extreme possibility is the alienation of your fans?

Oh well, why do I ask these questions... it's pretty clear they will not be answered before BIS breaks this streak of silence. But this is a forum, where we are (relatively) free to express our thoughts... smile_o.gif

We all know you care about your fans, but I have the feeling some among us are beginning to get disillusioned - and might abandon the whole OFP franchise (that would perhaps be their loss...)

Do you know what's funny? People were saying that years ago, and now a helluva lot of time passed and basically the same people are still threatening to loose interest in ofp and leaving the community and blah blah and although they wait on and on since they know there's no other game like ofp biggrin_o.gif

Suma never said anything about ofp at all though

That were to be expected. Anyways, it's nice to see they're alive  wink_o.gif

Brings me a bit of hope.

PS: Placebo, you are evil! mad_o.gif

smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif