Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

looks awesome, but will the seventh music get replaced by the rolling stones or something similar?

How is the AI going to be improved w/o scripts? I'm very curious about this!

Thunderbird84 is nearly finished the FlashFX Units Replacement Pack 3.5 and has this to say:

Quote[/b] ]<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>****************************Pack 3.5*************************************

Hi All ,

After a lot of hard work I've finally accomplished my goal by replacing everything

"Islands,music,Menu GUI,Editor GUI,Clean Editor,Addons by 1985 ones,skies,compass,Sounds,

Effects, Improved the realism" , that was very hard and that took a lot of time of my life

but it's a real passion, I'm happy and proud to present you (again but the final one)lol,a

totally new full pack based on realism and fun,I've combined everything in the goal to make

more easier the installation to people , a shortcut is also available ,but this pack is only intended to

"Solo players with configs higher than 1.4ghz" except if all players have all the FFUR pack

to play "online", I really hope that you'll enjoy it ,

please read carefuly the new Enhancements :

*Realism enhanced*

-New recoils for all weapons based on military informations and tested by an US Military

-Realistic damage values

-Added Emergency smoke wall to tanks

-Ennemy AI improved without using any script , now combats are more realistic and

the engagements last a long time as in the reality.

-Tanks attack Helicopters

-Tracers of ammunitions of the Hind use the bouncing effect , and tracers improved

-Tank tracers Improved

-Added new Bouncing grenades to the US side

-The US Officers brings bouncing smoke and flashbang grenades

-The sniper riffles has very realistic 7.62mm cartridges

-MP5 can turn on the light in night or in a dark zone

-US armored crews carry the XM

-BRDM is now the OT-65

-Satchels have "timer sound"

-Improved effects of shades and lights

-Blood effect improved

-Fixed versions of T-80 and T-72 for more realism ///I'd prefer not to wait for the RHS ones as they'll be a while yet///

-Resistance tanks are based on the old ones for more realism because

they aren't supposed to have the potential to maintain their tanks

*Animations improved*

-New animations based on the high Quality Sanctuary ones and a few others done by hunter and

wilco

*Sounds Improved*

-M16 sound replaced by jam one who seems to be more realistic

-PK sound by a very realistic PKM sound

-Satchel explosion sound by a realistic new one

-Added "timer sound" to Satchels"

*New Music*

-BIS Music replaced by Hanz zimmer instrumental songs in the goal to make missions

more immersive basing on the best movies songs

*New GUI (s)*

- New Menu GUI

- New sounds

- New Mission editor GUI based on the swiss design (special thanks to them)

*Clean mission editor*

- Revolutionary : After a lot of work , now one have a totally clean mission editor with

only the important classes done by BIS.

*New replacement of Islands*

-BIS Kolgujev textures replaced by High resolution ones , objects replaced by Resistances ones.

-BIS Malden textures replaced by High resolution ones.

-BIS Everon textures replaced by High resolution, objects replaced by Resistance ones.

-BIS Desert Island replaced by InQ High resolution desert island

*Model Changes*

-US mines : Spetznatz Mod US Mine

-US XM : SV2000 XME2

-US magazimes ammocrates : Earl and Suchey ones

-US FAL : Kabal Fal

-US MP5 : InQ first MP5

-US G36 : InQ G36

-US AH-1w : Namcoogar AH-1G

-US AH-64 : High resolution textures AH-64

-US OH-58 : Silesian Kiowa

-Ru BRDM : CSLA OT-65

-Ru SU25 : TomiD Su25

-Ru Mine : Soviet mod Soviet mine

-Ru T-80 : T-80 BV

-RU T-72 : T-72 M1

///Misc///

-Add a new life bar (special thanks to my swiss neighbours for the script smile_o.gif)

-fixed the number of modes of the UZI (single and full auto).

-BIS watch : Yukimituki military watch.

-BIS magazine ammocrates : Earl and Suchey ones.

and a lot of other things...

*Installation*

-Very easy , just follow the steps without any change ,everything will be installed,(addons,skies,music,animations...etc)

once finished ,reboot your computer .

/////////////////////IMPORTANT///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Delete the FlashFxUR/addons of the pack 3.0 if you have it before to install this new full pack

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*Minor bugs* There are few minor visual bugs , but they don't affect the gameplay or mission in

any way,

-When you shoot at something very close, the flash from the weapon is smaller than normal

-In the Civilian Cars section a menu item with nothing on it appears which should not be there

-When you eject from an aircraft, sometimes a small error message appears at the top of the screen but

it doesn't affect the game.

Special thanks to :

-kylesarnik for the bouncing grenades

-fatwombat for the high retextured islands

-Tomislav , my best beta tester who helped me a lot.

-Miles Teg , Ex US soldier who advised me a lot

-Reven for the upload and the communications

-kgb-cccp , a soviet comerade for the soviet music :P

-Rommel for his light effect

-Swiss mod for the nice design of their map objects

-me :P

and to all others , and thank you for your support , I hope that you've enjoyed the first

version but this one rocks :P

Have fun all smile_o.gif

So let play a campaign or a mission , and have fun smile_o.gif</span>

SCREENSHOT SELECTION:

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/screenshots/News/17113/1

Thunderbird has used instrumental songs to replace BIS ones - that makes for more immersive missions, basing itself on Hanz Zimmer songs. For the AI script he only changed some settings, mainly the config.cpp to enhance the AI enemy in the goal to make more realistic combat (accuracy, camouflage etc...).

Beta testers are testing it now. It will be published shortly.

I especially am looking forward to the health bar - surprised no-one thought of it earlier...

Looks great smile_o.gif

It gives an Lifebar now hm? like an Ego-Shooter? or do you keep the realism?

Can we eraze the life display bar rock.gif or desactive it rock.gif Because i don't think it will fit with OFP...

but sound very impressive (and we will have i think something like 500 mb downloads)

I have seen an lifebar before this , you could take max.5hits and you have actions like "sleep"(recover health as longer as you sleep) and "first aid" it was a realism pack , the enemy shout for help an so on , was pretty nice or if the skill from an enemy is high he would find you easyer than an enemy which have low skills.

I was kinda sceptical to that lifebar at first but then I thought irl you know pretty much how hurt you are, in OFP it's hard to know, so I think it's a good thing.

In OFP it was very difficuld because you could die after the first shot or max. 4hits where ever you get hit, by a headshot you won't run anymore  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

the life bar changes nothing on the realism, it's just for a better overlook of your situation.

so you can die after first shot too? than it is cool smile_o.gif

yes you can, yes it is biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I like the clean screen without any indicators on screen, while on foot (realism, anyone?), so I'm asking is it always on the screen or you need to use a button, like the compass or watch, for the health bar to apear? rock.gif This way it could make sence, because in OFP your health bar is very small and it doesn't take much to drop to zero, so it is full in one second and empty in the next one. Why do i need it, then?

Are you ready for this? It's 750Mb.

I think you can get rid of the health bar by erasing it from your FlashFX directory as it's only a misc addon (not integral to the function of the mod).

Ok FlashFX Units Replacement Pack 3.5 has been released!

INFORMATION:

Quote[/b] ]****************************Pack 3.5*************************************

Hi All ,

After a lot of hard work I've finally accomplished my goal by replacing everything

"Islands,music,Menu GUI,Editor GUI,Clean Editor,Addons by 1985 ones,skies,compass,Sounds,

Effects, Improved the realism" , that was very hard and that took a lot of time of my life

but it's a real passion, I'm happy and proud to present you (again but the final one)lol,a

totally new full pack based on realism and fun,I've combined everything in the goal to make

more easier the installation to people , a shortcut is also available ,but this pack is only intended to

"Solo players with configs higher than 1.4ghz" except if all players have all the FFUR pack

to play "online", I really hope that you'll enjoy it ,

please read carefuly the new Enhancements :

*Realism enhanced*

-New recoils for all weapons based on military informations and tested by an US Military

-Realistic damage values

-Added Emergency smoke wall to tanks

-Ennemy AI improved without using any script , now combats are more realistic and

the engagements last a long time as in the reality.

-Tanks attack Helicopters

-Tracers of ammunitions of the Hind use the bouncing effect , and tracers improved

-Tank tracers Improved

-Added new Bouncing grenades to the US side

-The US Officers brings bouncing smoke and flashbang grenades

-The sniper riffles has very realistic 7.62mm cartridges

-MP5 can turn on the light in night or in a dark zone

-US armored crews carry the XM

-BRDM is now the OT-65

-Satchels have "timer sound"

-Improved effects of shades and lights

-Blood effect improved

-Fixed versions of T-80 and T-72 for more realism ///I'd prefer not to wait for the RHS ones as they'll be a while yet///

-Resistance tanks are based on the old ones for more realism because

they aren't supposed to have the potential to maintain their tanks

*Animations improved*

-New animations based on the high Quality Sanctuary ones and a few others done by hunter and

wilco

*Sounds Improved*

-M16 sound replaced by jam one who seems to be more realistic

-PK sound by a very realistic PKM sound

-Satchel explosion sound by a realistic new one

-Added "timer sound" to Satchels"

*New Music*

-BIS Music replaced by Hanz zimmer instrumental songs in the goal to make missions

more immersive basing on the best movies songs

*New GUI (s)*

- New Menu GUI

- New sounds

- New Mission editor GUI based on the swiss design (special thanks to them)

*Clean mission editor*

- Revolutionary : After a lot of work , now one have a totally clean mission editor with

only the important classes done by BIS.

*New replacement of Islands*

-BIS Kolgujev textures replaced by High resolution ones , objects replaced by Resistances ones.

-BIS Malden textures replaced by High resolution ones.

-BIS Everon textures replaced by High resolution, objects replaced by Resistance ones.

-BIS Desert Island replaced by InQ High resolution desert island

*Model Changes*

-US mines : Spetznatz Mod US Mine

-US XM : SV2000 XME2

-US magazimes ammocrates : Earl and Suchey ones

-US FAL : Kabal Fal

-US MP5 : InQ first MP5

-US G36 : InQ G36

-US AH-1w : Namcoogar AH-1G

-US AH-64 : High resolution textures AH-64

-US OH-58 : Silesian Kiowa

-Ru BRDM : CSLA OT-65

-Ru SU25 : TomiD Su25

-Ru Mine : Soviet mod Soviet mine

-Ru T-80 : T-80 BV

-RU T-72 : T-72 M1

///Misc///

-Add a new life bar (special thanks to my swiss neighbours for the script smile_o.gif)

-fixed the number of modes of the UZI (single and full auto).

-BIS watch : Yukimituki military watch.

-BIS magazine ammocrates : Earl and Suchey ones.

and a lot of other things...

*Installation*

-Very easy , just follow the steps without any change ,everything will be installed,(addons,skies,music,animations...etc)

once finished ,reboot your computer .

/////////////////////IMPORTANT///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Delete the FlashFxUR/addons of the pack 3.0 if you have it before to install this new full pack

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*Minor bugs* There are few minor visual bugs , but they don't affect the gameplay or mission in

any way,

-When you shoot at something very close, the flash from the weapon is smaller than normal

-In the Civilian Cars section a menu item with nothing on it appears which should not be there

-When you eject from an aircraft, sometimes a small error message appears at the top of the screen but

it doesn't affect the game.

Special thanks to :

-kylesarnik for the bouncing grenades

-fatwombat for the high retextured islands

-Tomislav , my best beta tester who helped me a lot.

-Miles Teg , Ex US soldier who advised me a lot

-Reven for the upload and the communications

-kgb-cccp , a soviet comerade for the soviet music :P

-Rommel for his light effect

-Swiss mod for the nice design of their map objects

-me :P

and to all others , and thank you for your support , I hope that you've enjoyed the first

version but this one rocks :P

Have fun all smile_o.gif

So let play a campaign or a mission , and have fun smile_o.gif

SCREENSHOTS:

See the entire screenshot gallery here.

DOWNLOAD:

Download the complete pack here. All misc items are inclusive.

Have fun!

Looks Good. I guess its ok to say I helped in this project by 0.08%. (Flashlight addon tounge_o.gif )

Awesome job.

P.S. Someone should update the 1st post and title (whether it be thunderbird or a moderator) smile_o.gif

Great ! Congratulations TB ! Downloading  wink_o.gif

Edit : downloaded : great job as usual : a simple error message when I launch FFXUR :

Addon 'OWP_Mi26' requires addon 'OWP_Crew'

I guess you did not added Mi26, thus it must be missing a couple of addons or so ... I'll fix it quickly. wink_o.gif