Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

Quote[/b] ]Wow, I am amazed on how good the plants look. These are superb, INV44 quality...maybe even better. I hope they don't steal you, then we will be left without your stuff. biggrin_o.gif

AMAZING plants. You should make tons of em. Your really good at em.

Don't worry, everyone can use these trees, bushes ;), when it's done.

Quote[/b] ]Hey BergHoff, are you planing to make any trees? Maybe to replace the default ones? That would be nice.
Yea, I was thinking about replacing the resistance ones with new textures. smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]they look everything else than crap! unclesam.gif

They look wonderfully good. Im really drooling over the pics tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Berghoff you're good. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Really good.And the island looks like something to make quality missions with.

biggrin_o.gif Thanks, since everyone like the objects I don't mind making a couple more. smile_o.gif

Totally fictional. It is based on nothing.

rock.gif How could it be based on Finland when there is a jungle and a desert anyway biggrin_o.gif

hahah yeah Finland doesn't have any deserts.. but hey everybody can't know that biggrin_o.gif

Great snow pics, and i love the setup of the bridges smile_o.gif

Can't wait to start up some coops on this with some friends xmas_o.gif

looks f'ing amazing.

My only concern is it could get weird in a campaign with 3 diff environments :P

But nice work-island looks great for missions. I am anticipating it.

Its amazing!!! wow_o.gif

Only sad thing i noticed is that island makers tend to pile beautifully made islands with too much stuff packed together like buildings and high quality grass/trees. Such stuff are great, but it would be a good idea to test out the stuff for lag first, cos some stuff are just made with too much details and high texture files .....sigh.

I hope u will take your time, space out the layout details more and test for lag first before releasing, cos it will differentiate the island as either good for a photo session or a great MP playground. All the best! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The ground textures will be 1024x1024, 2048x2048 were a lil over the top due file size (I've tried it).

Filesize?! What about performance? rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Anyhow. I liked the rolling terrain in that one winter pic...

The whole mention of 1024x1024 textures and the size of those huge cities put together just scares me however.

Ya think you'll actually be able to play decent sized missions with, you know... actual units without chugging along at 15fps with all that?

Hmm, I don't understand... Winter, desert, jungle, all in the same island! crazy_o.gif WTF?

A mini - US map! smile_o.gif - vermount, colorado and florida rolled into one!....or

siberia,chzechoslavia,gobi desert in USSR....

kashmir, tamil nadu,rajasthan in the indian continent..

Northern territories, darwin, Queensland in australia...

beijing, gobi desert, yennan in china....

Switzeland, italy,libya..... wow_o.gif

A mini - US map! smile_o.gif  - vermount, colorado and florida rolled into one!....or

siberia,chzechoslavia,gobi desert in USSR....

kashmir, tamil nadu,rajasthan in the indian continent..

Northern territories, darwin, Queensland in australia...

beijing, gobi desert, yennan in china....

Switzeland, italy,libya..... wow_o.gif

lol

i like it cant wait to get to put some craters in that island tounge_o.gif

Hmm, I don't understand... Winter, desert, jungle, all in the same island! crazy_o.gif WTF?

I wanted to make a island with winter desert and jungle but I coudn't make large distances between them coz ofp can only handle 1024x1024 islands but since that requires to much resources I decided to have a 512x512 island. The Desert is near the jungle and is connect with a huge bridge to the mainland. And the Winter Island is lonely in the North.

Quote[/b] ]The ground textures will be 1024x1024, 2048x2048 were a lil over the top due file size (I've tried it).

Filesize?! What about performance? rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Anyhow. I liked the rolling terrain in that one winter pic...

The whole mention of 1024x1024 textures and the size of those huge cities put together just scares me however.

Ya think you'll actually be able to play decent sized missions with, you know... actual units without chugging along at 15fps with all that?

Nogova has 512x512 ground textures and it's been a while since that came out. Besides I play test this Island with 4xAA and 8xAF and a high view distance + with Y2K3 loaded. smile_o.gif

Soon I'll need some serious beta-testers (able to download large files) who can help me with this aswell. But not now.

Dah i don't care about performance! biggrin_o.gif

It will run smoothly in a month or so when i hopefully will buy a new ram to upgrade my already 512 mb ram memory that i have tounge_o.gif I think the island won't lag to much, maybe if you put togheter something with uber many units or many high res stuff biggrin_o.gif

anyways i have a question, have you made any cool harbour areas? I think that would be nice to see and have a train station/cargo station for loading train at the harbor wink_o.gif

anyways i have a question, have you made any cool harbour areas? I think that would be nice to see and have a train station/cargo station for loading train at the harbor wink_o.gif

Yes I have that kind of harbour already, 2 piers with a railroad track, one goes a large city and another one to an oil well.

Please make some large houses with nice gardens, and 1 very nice house with a nice drive way and fountain roundabout and such...

for the ministers and offcourse MEH! biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

I'd be happy to help you out somehow, wether it be textures or what, just PM me if you need something.

Beta testing also sounds nice wink_o.gif

So far I have three high-resolution roads I've created (1024x1024)

Nothing to special, some quick 10 minute jobs here.

Road

Road2

Old Road

cool,just like in real life.Now only what we need is those small posts

on both sides of the road. biggrin_o.gif

great road pics  smile_o.gif any chance of any urban pics?

would be cool with a big city like in the island that came with the WGL mod ( gaia island i think ) it would be very suitable for a americanish island maybe biggrin_o.gif

I want to make some STALKER type roads, with cracks and grass coming out of them, heck, might make a road model like that with some grass models coming out of it.

Berg, I can help you beta test, Just send me an MSN when you need me.