Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

like i said ECP gave me the exnay on thier craters... so ive made my own (pictured above) new model and new texture... but the effect will be the same... except

thier's it happens with "big explosions" where as mine happens every tank and APC explosion. from the M113 to the M1A2. from the BMP to the T80

speaking of T80 i see its been re-released. assuming all bugs are fixed... i might go ahead and use it smile_o.gif T80 for res and T90 for east (as it is now)

Are you planning on using any other new effects from ECP?

no no no!

T-72 replace with T-80 and T-80 replace with T-90,

for resistance ther's a special T-72 version...

but then what about most used T-72? nah T-80 replace with T-90 and for resistance as mentioned

how many times to i have to say this?

there is a mutual disaggreement between me and ECP... they dont like me.. i dont like them... they got thier panties in a bunch when i asked to use the 3d crater... thats why i had to make my own..

so no. no other ECP effects will be used. even if i wanted to.. im not allowed. please stop asking

edit: placebo dont close this topic.. im being nice here.. its the only way i can explain this

gedis: im keeping the T72, the T80, the T55, all those. im not changing one tank for a completly differnt tank. do you have any idea how stupid it would look to play a mission "kill the T72s at grid whatever" and u get there and your like "theres no t72's here..."

the T72 is replaced by the ICP T72ERA and the Res T72 is replaced with the ICP t72 non-era

the T80 might get replaced with the ICP t90 and the Res T80 will be replaced with the ICP t80 assuming they get the new bugs fixed

is it possible to make craters not only under exploding tanks?

i mean that every bigger grenade that explode make a crater in the

landscape. i think that will be a good feature. it make it possible to create craters with artillery to make cover for the advancing infantery.

and thanks for this great mod!

greetings, vonStahlhelm

Me and me mate's think this mod's a ton better than the new ECP thing pistols.gif Oops!! sorry erm i mean in my humble opinion and it's only my personal point of veiw.And in no way shape or form did i mean any disrespect to the ECP mod

is it possible to make craters not only under exploding tanks?

i mean that every bigger grenade that explode make a crater in the

landscape. i think that will be a good feature. it make it possible to create craters with artillery to make cover for the advancing infantery.

and thanks for this great mod!

greetings, vonStahlhelm

yes it would... but

u fire 10 grenades.. thats 10 craters

arty fires 20 rounds thats 20 craters

crater = model

models x large numbers = lag^5

thats why its only on APC's and MBTs.

however.. for you budding mission makers out there.. the crater will be avalible in the editor under Camera\Crater (Y2K3)

and the crater is configed into the GMR pbo file so if u want to distribute ur mission to non Y2K3 users.. include the updated GMR.pbo (when released, obviously)

i did a test on the desert island and if i have 30 of them within a 100m range i loose about 5-10 fps. but if your making a mission where u want to use them as cover.. i suggest using about 4 or 5 of them scattered about in an unorderly fasion.

oh by the way for any of you spec ops out there.. dont worry about the uped armor in the tanks... the AT4 has a lil more oomph to it.. the Mine's still will disable the tank in 1 hit... and 3 satchel charges will lift a T80 20m in the air biggrin_o.gif

so the tanks are tougher and so are the anti-tank equipment

just a quick update:

due to popular complaint. ive edited the BIS settings for the Gun 105 so the M60 Patton tank has a weaker gun then the M1A2 however it has a faster reload and init time so that it still remains a formidable foe on the battlefeild.

M60 takes 3 rounds to kill a T80 now.

keep in mind this is not realistic however it does keep gameplay in balance.

im still waiting on the shilka before release.

oh and ive successfuly been able to replace the LAW with the AT4 Launcher from Jam. so the west LAW soldier will now carry a "law" again but it will still be the AT4.

edit: thunderbird helped me with the LAW to AT4 conversion

oh yea and i got the AT backblast implemented for the AT and AA weapons (bis standard) but the rpg16 still wont utilized the atbackblast i dont know why. oh well.

another thing: to keep the install/download size to a minimum JAM3 will NOT be included in the 7.3 patch, however it is reccomended that you do upgrade to 7.3 as the smokeshell blocking script (which has always been implemented just jam2's version royaly sucked/was a joke) works beautifuly now. so i do highly reccodmend that you upgrade to JAM3 in your Y2K3 directory.

Currently: the patch is exactly 30 Megs. and im waiting on one addon. the Shilka. so i dont expect the patch to be too big.

Just a little question, is there any diff between the llaumax skypack version 1.2 and the one you are using?

Thx in advance

yes.

mine is using Kegetys daytime sky. unsung's stormy sky. max's night sky. and installs INQ night vision goggles. and a custom watch.

smile_o.gif

Not sure if this has been asked, but.. Will you providea full 7.3 installer (Along side the patch)?

As I've kinda lost track of what version/patches I've installed, what stuff I've changed etc, it'd be good to start afresh without downloading 7.1 and two patches.

Anyway, looking forward to the mod, sounds good smile_o.gif

- Ben

you cant loose track. i started posting the version number in the startup GUI. in the middle bototm it says Y2K3 * v7.x either 1,2 or soon to be 3.

no i wont be providing a full installer as i said before its a real bitch to get hosting since it takes hours to upload it will be a month and a half before i get mirrors.

however. unless the used addons change paths to models or textures in further updates from their perspective creators... then 7.3 should be the last major patch. im correcting the imbalance in armor with this patch that was previously overlooked. changed several armor vehicles including the T80, T72, BMP, and possibly BMP2 when/if thats released on time. adding a new effect w/ the tank & apc craters. changing a few things like the east M2 and the Glock and Beretta handguns. and with any luck a new shilka to complete the "total conversion"

heres the thing. i got Y2K3 7.1 full on a disk with the 7.2 patch and soon to be 7.3 patch. now i have 58 megs of space left on this disk. so this next patch will NOT exceed that. right now its 30 megs even.

i dont want anymore patchs after this cuz i dont want to have to print out a new CD label and burn a new cd. i want to keep 1 CD. so yea no more patchs after this unless its minor fixes like an updated addon with changed model paths.

Get an external DVD burner. I was able to find one for about Å40, and its pretty good specs - can't remember them off-hand, but I'm pleased with it smile_o.gif

In other news, I'm looking forward to the release of v7.3. Glad to see you're addressing the armour inbalance which, although a tad realistic in some respects, makes MP heavily biased, and MP is what OFP is all about in my opinion.

i already have 2 ROM drives in my computer.. i dont want another one! tounge2.gif

besides im broke i just bought an MP3 player, a DVD movie, and a few other things and im in debt for $200 USD crazy_o.gif

anyway, yes i know its un-realistic to balance the armor but there are people that enjoy the soviet tanks.. and if nothing else theres missions where u need to steal one and use it. and it royaly sucks when the enemy is nearly invinceable and owns you in 1 shot or less.

so w/ orcs balance pack tanks (as i refer to them) the abrams no longer rules the plains... however... the abrams is still the highest armored vehicle @ 1500. whereas the T80 is @ 1100.

resistance side tanks are also lower in armor. their T80 is around 1000 and thier T72 is 900 something. and their T55. i didnt change a thing on that. still fires BIS ammo, still royaly sucks, and still gets takin out by anything with a cannon and a turret biggrin_o.gif so i did leave a little bit of realisum in there tounge2.gif

and like i said dispite the news on my site and on ofp.info i got an ICQ from one of the tank nuts we got in ofp that really didnt like the idea of the M60 and M1A2 sharing the same ammo... and about an hour and a half of disputing... i gave up and changed the BIS M60 gun/ammo to be more like the abrams ammo but less powerful.

the M60 Ammo right now is approx the same hit power as the standard "lawlauncher" which has been reset to 750.

now wait! WAIT!!!! dont yell at me that the law/at4 is overpowered.. its not. it still takes 3 direct hits on a T80 to destroy it so its balanced

I see what your saying about not doing a full patch, but this could apply even if you don't make the full 7.3 installer tounge2.gif

FileFronts hosted service] <advertising mode>has unlimited space/bandwidth

Might be an idea to use it, it's mirrored on how-ever-many-servers, and it seems realiable enough, and it's free tounge2.gif</advertising mode>

"you cant loose track. i started posting the version number in the startup GUI" - It's more that I've changed stuff in Y2K3, and can't remeber what I've done, also I really need to clean out my OFP folder, as it's currently... 8-9GB and I hardly use half of the addons any more tounge2.gif

- Ben

re-install 7.1, patch to 7.2, and when 7.3 comes out you should be good.

any addons that are no longer required i include an empty pbo to overwrite it. so that your addons folder in Y2K3 mod directory doesnt become overloaded by unused addons smile_o.gif

and im a member of @war i can host it initaly on Edge Files so i have a place to host it...

but getting ofp.info, flashpoint.ru, and the rest to mirror it. thats what takes time. becuz as it turns out 80% of news posters are on a slow connection so it takes awhile to get it mirrored.

ive givin full installers some thought and every 5th patch. so assuming i need to continue big patchs after this it will be 7.5, 8.0, 8.5. those will be the numbers for the full installers.

In that case, might I suggest that the 7.9 patch (as a very distant example), be able to upgrade from 7.5, 7.6, 7.7 and 7.8, instead of having to apply each patch individually. So then you have to download the 7.5 full, and only the 7.9 patch instead of having to D/L the three other patches. I've probably not explained that very well, so I'll try and summarise what I mean. Basically, it would be far more easier for Joe-Public, if the intermediate patches (the ones between the main (full) updates), were able to install the up-to-date version onto the latest 'full version' without the need for the other intermediate patches preceeding it.

Pappy you've turned me into a config.cpp addict. I went off flashpoint for a bit but after looking at you editable file i started on my own. And now i can't stop. I need to stop, many late nights and early mornings is killing my social life. Mistake, i don't have one. Thankyou for ruining my once beautiful life. I have so many config files on my pc i have been arrested for config.cpp file dealing. Sentenced to 10 years hard labour. Thx

rofl.gif

Anyone wanna buy an ounce of pure config.cpp?

jackl i know exactly what you mean. its a suggestion ill deffenitly keep in mind.

right now i dont think requiring 2 patchs is that confusing.

but my next one, if it comes to that, i will do that. combine 7.2, and 7.3 into one plus whatever would be instore for 7.4.

however i really dont foresee anything beyond 7.3. i know i said that before but this time i am out of stuff to do after that shilka. so yea.

law-giver: see thats the thing i was the same way for the first few months of Y2K3. luckily. i have no social life. i never have. im picky about people i hang out with. so yea thats how great modders are born! people without a social life of any kind, a helathy obsession with a game, and the impatiance of waiting for someone else to do what u need. tounge2.gif

Pappy you've turned me into a config.cpp addict. I went off flashpoint for a bit but after looking at you editable file i started on my own. And now i can't stop. I need to stop, many late nights and early mornings is killing my social life. Mistake, i don't have one. Thankyou for ruining my once beautiful life. I have so many config files on my pc i have been arrested for config.cpp file dealing. Sentenced to 10 years hard labour. Thx

rofl.gif

Anyone wanna buy an ounce of pure config.cpp?

I know the feeling mate! I've had the game since the first day it came out in the uk,played it every day.And since i read pappys tutorial on editing configs,i am still toying with the game most day's for at least 2 hour's.if i am not messing with the game i am reading the forums,I'am maried with two kid's so it get's me into a lot of trouble tounge2.gif p.s YK23 is one of the best things to have happened to flashpoint,thank you pappy inlove.gif