Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Thanx. I was a little thrown off because the phrase "get in" and "get out" was in the line. I thought it referred to the tank crew climbing out of the tank screaming for there mama's and dying because they were on fire. I'll love the exploding bodies tho. I'll ignore it then. thumbs-up.gif

yea its not really that big of a deal anyway, its at the top of the screen and not in your way, not blocking gameplay activity, and it goes away after a few seconds. i mean i suppose if i put my mind to it i could probably solve that issue... but its alot of work takes alot of time and i just dont want to *beep* do it. rofl.gif

im not a perfectionist. im a goodenoughist. and with a small error like that its good enough smile_o.gif it works and thats all that matters. gameply is unaffected and the game doesnt really matter smile_o.gif hopefuly 7.3 is bugless now so i can go bug the news posters at ofp.info for a few weeks to post the patch tounge2.gif

If I remember correctly that used to be caused by the original version of LSR's US Weapons Pack v.2, you need to get a patch off OFP.info

Listen up folks! in addition to 7.3 ive updated the skypack to use the new laptop/notebook by gachopin smile_o.gif

so feel free to re-download it and update another part if your GUI. (skypack & more is not required to run Y2K3 but a nice addition to change even more)

I have a question. Does the new tanks by ORCS cause more lag? Because a mission i made with lots of russian tanks in it just went unplayable after i installed the 7.3 patch. crazy_o.gif

I also have the dxdll program running. If it's the tanks than I'm afraid i'll have to turn them back to the SIG ones. help.gif

Im getting the same with 7.3...any more than 3 or 4 bits of soviet armour and fps drops to where it unplayable,dont matter whether DXDLL is on or not.I think my system underpowered for 7.3...Athlon2500+xp,1gb DDR RAM,GeForce 6600GT.

try del "[_this select 0] exec {\ICP_t90\scripts\number.sqs}" and "[_this select 0] exec {\ICP_t72s\scripts\number.sqs}" in t72 and t80's init line

"At Risk"..? What the feck does that mean tounge2.gif Norton tends to over react a lot, it's 99% safe to install it, and the 1% is probobaly-safe-but-don't-blame-me

- Ben

Ok

Rule 1) Norton Sucks. smile_o.gif

Rule 2) Get this.

Winner of a hell lot of awards smile_o.gif. Definately the best software out there. It's a combination of the Kasperspy Anti Virus Engine + Bit Defender. Ok, I do not want to advertise but believe me this ist the best !

Best mod so far...

Everything works fine bodies explode really funny, but I can't see tracers confused_o.gif

try del "[_this select 0] exec {\ICP_t90\scripts\number.sqs}" and "[_this select 0] exec {\ICP_t72s\scripts\number.sqs}" in t72 and t80's init line

that has nothing to do with it.

all unnessacary scripts are not used in the russian tanks.

however the models are higher res along with the textures higher res then the sig ones so yes they are a big laggier then the old ones.

luckily i left the line for sig tanks in the eidtable config so just unblock it // and block the orcs one to revert back if this is a problem for you.

1.8 Ghz AMD athlong, 512 ram, geforce fx 5200 are my specs and its not "that bad" however some would say im insane cuz i think 14fps is fantastic. its the best frame rate ive ever had, and thats counting stock, out of the box, ofp.

i phear i found the reason for the lag.

2048x2048 textures?! crazy_o.gif

im gonna attempt to fix this problem and release a seperate file for this

2048x2048 textures?!  crazy_o.gif

wouldnt setting the textures to 512X512 in OFP preferences solve this?

2048x2048 textures?!  crazy_o.gif

wouldnt setting the textures to 512X512 in OFP preferences solve this?

should it? yes

does it? no

Hey, I just discovered something sorry if this is too obvius but I'n noob to OFP... ONLY the models that come with the game explode... But no other type of models like a new SEAL team or something sad_o.gif ...

And about the tracers I still can't see them, I've tried all the tanks and weapons... do I have to config something? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey, I just discovered something sorry if this is too obvius but I'n noob to OFP... ONLY the models that come with the game explode... But no other type of models like a new SEAL team or something sad_o.gif ...

And about the tracers I still can't see them, I've tried all the tanks and weapons... do I have to config something? icon_rolleyes.gif

the bodies have to be scripted, unless the default 'man' class is scripted in which case I have no idea. As for the tracers only the units that come with the mod would have 'em. I use FFUR and as far as I can recall all the bodies explode though I have this function turned off.

the exploding bodies needs to be in the eventhandlers of the unit... most 3rd party addons/units have their own eventhandlers thus canceling out the Y2K3 one's.

also the tracers are from bn_880 and he configed them to be performance handeling.. so if your FPS is low (say you have 256 megs of ram) then your not gonna see them since they would drag you down even more

Just tried the patch out, awesome work! wow_o.gif Is there any way you get the crater effect to affect any APC or Tank class unit besides the original replacements? Anyway, great job! thumbs-up.gif

unfortunitly no, just like the exploding bodies thing.. it is incorperated via eventhandler. and if the other addon has its own eventhandlers then it will not carry the "Default" ones down

Um, I think I've found a bug, Pappy.

T72s and T80s engine start up sounds repeat, like roaring engine right through the island.

Try playing "guardian" or "Hind Attack" you can hear the tanks from 1000miles away. sad_o.gif