Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

Sig 552

I noticed there are no good Sig 552/551 rifles in OFP the other day, and knowing there was a Sig in CS, I went about learning how to import a model from CS into OFP smile_o.gif.  Amazingly, it is pretty simple to do biggrin_o.gif.  Anyways, I still need to get a shadow (any help would be greatly appreciate biggrin_o.gif).  I also need to get permission from Laser to use an optic of his I used.  I tried PMing him a few days ago, but no reply.  Anyone know another way I can contact him?  Here are some pictures of the rifle in-game and in Bulldozer.  Enjoy!

sg55214fr.th.jpg

sg55226tj.th.jpg

hooahmansg5524yq.th.jpg

You can click all the images for a larger view wink_o.gif. I plan to release the gun once I find a way to get permission from Laser and get the shadow working properly smile_o.gif.

Well, I really hope that permission from Laser comes soon as well as a shadow for that weapon. I know some people complain about CS imports but I am glad you put the effort into bringing this great rifle into OFP. Great job smile_o.gif

which version of cs is that from? It would look better if you imported the sig 552 from cs source instead of 1.6 or condition zero.

which version of cs is that from? It would look better if you imported the sig 552 from cs source instead of 1.6 or condition zero.

It is a user-made skin for CS 1.6. I do not have CS: Source, so I can not import the model from it sad_o.gif. I may very well be getting HL2 after Christmas however, so I can import it later if I get it smile_o.gif. Thanks for the comments guys!

As far as I know, you cannot export models out of HL2 / Source yet.

Actually, the Desert Storm mod made a Sig-552 ages ago, a pretty nice one too (well I still use it tounge_o.gif ), don't remember if it was a CS convert or not... anyway, here it is at www.ofp.info ...

(I sometimes wonder, that site has a nice search function, just type in 552 and that pops up, don't ppl know how to use it?)  rock.gif  blues.gif  xmas_o.gif

Ah, well hopefully mine will be better tounge_o.gif. I got permission from Laser today, so all I need now is to get the shadows working properly and then I can release this baby biggrin_o.gif.

Like I told you over MSN, just make a resolution LOD with less than 300 faces in total, that should act as the shadow lod then. Or search the forums for a better way.

I thought swiss mod had loads of Sigs as it's a swissmade gun rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Actually, the Desert Storm mod made a Sig-552 ages ago, a pretty nice one too

I might not remember correctly but isn't that the one that wrecks an APC with 3 shots?

I thought swiss mod had loads of Sigs as it's a swissmade gun rock.gif

I was unaware the Swiss Mod had a SG552 in it (I did not download the mod). Now we have 2 SG552's to play with biggrin_o.gif.

Although you strive to get permission from Laser, have you got permission from the CS skinner/modeler? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Although you strive to get permission from Laser, have you got permission from the CS skinner/modeler? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

I actually have tried, but I can not find an e-mail to the author(s). here is where I found the model: -link-. There is no contact e-mail or anything sad_o.gif.

Continue in the A&M:C thread as linked above please smile_o.gif