Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

USMC Addon studio

Do woodland since Suchey has covered the MARPAT Marines in both woodland and desert camo. Please do not do both, because one great addon is a lot better than two mediocre addons wink_o.gif.

I don't get it. Isn't woodland a variation of MARPAT...? Or do you mean just general ERDL woodland guys.

It's "MARPAT", which stands for MARine PATtern,and is the standard camoflage pattern currently in use by the USMC. And by the way, the concept comes from the Canadian's CADPAT camo.

I would like to see woodland, haven't seen Marines in that camouflage in some time now for OFP.

well, if ur aiming for realistic I'd say both..there are still a couple of marines who haven't been issued marpats yet...

I'd like to see both BDU's because if your making a model from scratch then it may differ quite a lot from E+S Marines and it wouldn't fit.So go with both...On the other hand i prefer more modern fatigues so i suppose ive just contradicted myself  crazy_o.gif .Actually why don't you do what YOU want because i'm pretty sure the guys in the community will be happy with it.I know i will biggrin_o.gif .

Woodland, we already have excelent MARPAT marines, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Woodland, we already have excelent MARPAT marines, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

lol...the same thing could be said for the tons of M4s people make tounge_o.gif to be honest the color of sucheys marines marpat are WAY off and the gear they are wearing is unrealistc..the best part of his pack were the weapons. I still like them very much but there is room for improvement..thas why I voted for both wink_o.gif

MARPAT!

The woodland MARPAT in the Marine Assault Pack is not looking like the real MARPAT.

@FerretFangs

I was joking above btw about marpet, I know what it is (I was poking fun at the typo)

I'm shocked though that someone admits which came first. Most yanks for example think MARPAT was the original...but thats normal i suppose. biggrin_o.gif

Well, when we don't do it first, we do it bigger and better. tounge_o.gif

We've got a lot of men in uniform. It takes longer to outfit them.

seems like the USMC mod is maybe meant to be dead...

or maybe someone should make another one tounge_o.gif

no reason to reinvent it but you can improve it

add tyres, better material

the sucheys marpat marine dont quite have good ai

even normal bis soldiers beat them, easily

marpat with better ai sensitivity 1.5 id say

i vote marpat

sucheys marines are good but their equipment such as body armour doesnt stand out

they re good but seem flat

bas deltas on the other hand equipment stand out, such as ammo patches and sidearm holders, body armour

see..there is a reason to improve on the wheel not reinvent it

I say MARPAT, even though the mod team is dead. E&S MARPAT are discolored. Real MARPAT is a lot lighter than that. E&S browns and greens are way too dark which gives it an awful distortion. Just bugs me.

Hey, aimpoint, the models (the addon) where u used that Marpat are available for download?, they look good & it's a very good detail that RES boots, they look like much better than the western boot model; the units just need the stretch the upside part of the boot models to make 'em more realistic, than those damn squared whatever upside part of the boot. Where we can find those models?.

From what I've seen, the level of color accuracy goes like this:

1. wipman

2. Aimpoint

3. S&E