Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

PBO patcher 0.9

New utility for Addon makers has been relased by Our Weapons Project (Nashe Orujie), for help in work with PBO archives. Just look at the part of readme:

About this software

Originally PBO Patcher meant to be used as an alternative to more popular utilities working with files of pbo format. Often, to test their projects, add-on makers have to create several times pbo files from their project's folders, replace old versions of files in pbo archives with newer versions, add new files to pbo archive and so on. It is quite tedious process, when it is necessary constantly to extract, compress, rebuild, copy files. This utility has been made for optimisation of such process. For instance, if we want to patch some file, we only need to select the folder with new versions of files, mark the file, which needs to be patched and update, will happen with one mouse click. However gradually the PBO Patcher turned from ordinary pbo patcher into quite useful PBO Manager, and this is why we decided to release it to the public.

What this utility can do

Patch and update pbo files; extract pbo files, create pbo from the projects folders; create pbo files from projects folders and move created files into addon folder of Operation Flashpoint(which is handy and saves time).

As they say it is "All-in-one" utility. In addition, all actions performed with high speed, which saves your time.

Why use PBO patcher

1) PBO Patcher works more reliably and correctly then other utilities

2) High speed of pbo packing/unpacking is much faster then that of similar utilities.

3) PBO Patcher packs pbo without compression, which positively affects performance of OFP.

4) Friendly in use

5) Support of OFP Resistance pbo format

6) Made in USSR smile_o.gif

Known errors and unresolved problems

Problem: no support for compressed pbo files.

Possible resolution: Pack addons without compression, this will positively affect performance of OFP. Non-compressed pbo addons can be compressed with WinRAR very efficiently for distribution.

From author

You can ask all questions regarding the work of the utility, using the contacts specified below.

Please report to the author of the utility all found defects.

Do send in your suggestions and remarks, which author will consider in the next versions.

Warning!

This utility is software for general use, i.e. for private use by add-on makers. We can assist good mods in creation of the patches, which will automatically update older versions of addons to new ones. This means one doesn't have to release the full new version of the addon, but a compact patch will be enough. To obtain further information please use contacts below.

Author: Voyager

Contacts:

E-Mail: voyager04@mail.ru

You can download it here:

PBOPatcher09(261Kb)

PBOPatcher.jpg

will it patch an addon even if ofp is running minmized as that would be quite handy for alpha testing/bug fixing as you wouldnt have to start up ofp every time you made a change?

will it patch an addon even if ofp is running minmized as that would be quite handy for alpha testing/bug fixing as  you wouldnt have to start up ofp every time you made a change?

No, since OFP "locks" the pbo files once the exe has been.. executed.

thought so oh well back to restarting every 2mins

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

i dont know abt you guys .. but (pardon my frace but im really pissed) this peace of shit just deleted 70 mb of addon when i tryed to pbo my stuff.

i chose the folder and the target.. i ended up with the config and one model!

so to cut it short.. you fuckheads just cost me 4 weeks of hard work !!!

FUCKING PISS ASS CRAP BUTTFUCKERS !!!!!!!!

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

normaly i woulden go off like this, but i spent 4 weeks of army reseach and model making, countless of houres away from my famely and now i have to do it all over again if i hadten made backups mad_o.gif

so from one lad to another, i shuld beat the fucking living daylife out of you!!

But since its christmas ill not hunt you down..

Merry fucking christmass asshole xmas_o.gif

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

i dont know abt you guys .. but (pardon my frace but im really pissed) this peace of shit just deleted 70 mb of addon when i tryed to pbo my stuff.

normaly i woulden go off like this, but i spent 4 weeks of army reseach and model making, countless of houres away from my famely and now i have to do it all over again if i hadten made backups mad_o.gif

so from one lad to another, i shuld beat the fucking living daylife out of you!!

i dont get how it deleted your work... it is working fine for me rock.gif

you look for the deleted files in your recycle bin rock.gif

have you looked to see if your files got moved some how rock.gif

and calling someone names is not going to get your work back xmas_o.gif

ya this tool hasnt deleted any of my stuff yet, only problem is that if i unpbo something all the textures end up 0x0 size. smile_o.gif

i dont get how it deleted your work... it is working fine for me  rock.gif

you look for the deleted files in your recycle bin  rock.gif

yarh i know SS but as you propperly know the work im doing atm is for that sertant program.. and very detailed xmas_o.gif

i dont get how it deleted your work... it is working fine for me rock.gif

you look for the deleted files in your recycle bin rock.gif

yarh i know SS but as you propperly know the work im doing atm is for that sertant program.. and very detailed xmas_o.gif

what, what program rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

xmas_o.gif Have you read the readme?

Works fine here, just don't try it on compressed .pbo's.

i dont get how it deleted your work... it is working fine for me  rock.gif

you look for the deleted files in your recycle bin  rock.gif

yarh i know SS  but as you propperly know the work im doing atm is for that sertant program.. and very detailed xmas_o.gif

what, what program  rock.gif  crazy_o.gif

i was under the impresation that VBS-1 is a nono word.. crazy_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

Hold on just a second... could you detail what exactly happened? Just posting "OMFG, no more files!!!111" isn't going to help, and if we can't reconstruct how they got lost chances are this won't be the last time either.

I'm guessing that you're saying that when you went to pack a pbo, you selected a folder to be added. Is the missing data in the raw folder or in the PBO? If this is the case and the raw data was touched, this is a problem, but unfortunately there won't be any recovery from the recycle bin.

Raven,I understand your frustration and I sympathise with your loss of work. However, name calling can not and will not be tolerated.

I expect you to apologise and to keep such outbursts away from the forums. I won't even come up with a "next time" scenario, because I think you're grown up enough that there won't be a next time scenario.

Raven,I understand your frustration and I sympathise with your loss of work. However, name calling can not and will not be tolerated.

I expect you to apologise and to keep such outbursts away from the forums. I won't even come up with a "next time" scenario, because I think you're grown up enough that there won't be a next time scenario.

righto  sorry for the harsh tone  BUT i did as i was fireing away allso downtoning it

We make militery stuff here, therefor the tone.. its not personal, its to underline the importance of what is said

ei "you grunts are not even maggots your vomit!" that is to make the statemen tant the recrutes can do what theyr doing better.. it it that simple

"...i dont know abt you guys .. but (pardon my frace but im really pissed) ..."  <- polite

"...normaly i woulden go off like this, but..."

in the real world this would result in a punch in the face, then id give him a beer and he will give me a beer.. problem solved.

this is the closet, you should be able to understand

and hey.. merry xmas

xmas_o.gif

P.S. you ruskies ow me a beer

Im sorry that you lost your work, I'm addonmaker too, and I know how it hurts, to loose any data of your project.. But this is not issue of our pogram. It work properly and we are using this tool inside project about half year, and it is not any problems with them. Maybe some broke in your File System or Windows can get stuck.

Also check for viruses and run scandisk.

Later, make more backups.

righto sorry for the harsh tone BUT i did as i was fireing away allso downtoning it

We make militery stuff here, therefor the tone.. its not personal, its to underline the importance of what is said

ei "you grunts are not even maggots your vomit!" that is to make the statemen tant the recrutes can do what theyr doing better.. it it that simple

"...i dont know abt you guys .. but (pardon my frace but im really pissed) ..." <- polite

"...normaly i woulden go off like this, but..."

in the real world this would result in a punch in the face, then id give him a beer and he will give me a beer.. problem solved.

this is the closet, you should be able to understand

and hey.. merry xmas

xmas_o.gif

P.S. you ruskies ow me a beer

Oh come on, get a grip, surely if you _work_ you have incremental backups of your work. If not, live an learn. Everyone has to learn someday mate.

xmas_o.gif