Sign in to follow this  
Gökhan - OFP TURKISH UNION

TURKISH UNION Addon Pack 1 - v1.0

Friday, December 10, 2004.

Hi All!

We are a new Ofp group from Turkey, OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION.

http://www.freewebs.com/ofptu/

Our mission is to represent Turkish Military and Turkish presence on cutting-edge military simulation Operation Flashpoint. Our vision is to constitute and maintain a state-of-the-art Turkish Mod and, in turn, to provide Ofp players with maximum Turkish Military experience…

Our first production;

We have been working on our first addons for more than 10 months. From models to sound effects, everything was supposed to be perfect… This is why we delayed our addons until now, December 10, 2004.

This weekend, we are about to release our first addons in a pack, TURKISH UNION Addon Pack 1 - v1.0. This addon pack is our first production and a kind of beta right now.

This pack includes followings;

1- Turkish Soldiers Pack v1.0

-*TSK Soldier v1.0, TSK Machine Gunner v1.0

-  TSK LAW Soldier v1.0, TSK Medic v1.0

-  HKG3A3 Rifle

2- Faun Franziska SLT56 [tank transporter truck]

-SLT56 (M60) [trailer with static M60]

3- Bonus Object! Turkish Military Security Zone Sign

- True to life

-Automatically gets illuminated at night!

*Initial, TSK stands for Turkish Army in Turkish language.

About Turkish Soldiers Pack v1.0

TSK Soldier and TSK Medic use weapon HKG3A3. We separately put .pbo of this weapon into the package though. Because, if you don’t want to install TSK Soldier pack but HKG3A3, you can put its own .pbo into your Addons folder and have fun!

About Faun Franziska SLT56 [tank transporter truck]

Franziska SLT56 which is manufactured by German firm, Faun is one of the most powerful tank-transporter-truck in the world. Needless to say, it is much more potent than any truck/lorry –including unofficial addons- made for Operation Flashpoint. Franziska is larger and longer than those of official and unofficial trucks/lorries ever created. Even, it is longer and larger than our friend Delta Hawk’s beautiful 18-Wheeler, “Tater Saladâ€! Greetings Delta, LoLL! xmas_o.gif

If double wheels of Franziska SLT56 are counted as two wheels, it can be said that this vehicle has 32 wheels!

Franziska tows its own trailer SLT56, on which tanks and armored vehicles are transported. Our addon pack includes 2 versions of the trailer; Empty SLT56 and SLT56 with M60.

Today’s Operation Flashpoint doesn’t allow transporting vehicles over trailers in a “state-of-the-art†way. Because of in-game transportation looks and functions weird, we skipped this option. Therefore, in order to provide players with an addon of high quality, we chose static transportation for version M60.

Major Features of Faun Franziska SLT56

-The best connection & towing system ever created! We claim that it is definitely smarter and looks better than previous systems. Delta Hawk’s beautiful 18-Wheeler, “Tater Saladâ€, uses our system.

-Animated loading ramps

-Smart airbrake-hissing system

-Smart marker lights –showing gauge of the vehicle.

-Flasher Mode

-Explosion effect

-Reverse alert

-Exclusive airhorn

-Highly detailed model

-All sounds are custom-made

You can view screenshots of our project under Downloads section of our website.

As I said, we are going to release our addon pack, TURKISH UNION Addon Pack 1 - v1.0, this weekend, we will announce it here, so that you can download it directly from Downloads section of our website.

Gökhan - OPERATION FLASHPOINT TURKISH UNION

Looking promising but watch the file size of the picture.. 100kb is the limit otherwise it will be removed by a mod.

Oh yeah baby Turkisch addons cool wink_o.gif

I am Turkisch too but I live in the Netherlands looking forward to your addons from pictures they all look top quality wow_o.gifwink_o.gif

Looks very nice, finally something to look forward to this weekend smile_o.gif The armor-carrying truck is amazing, and good job on your soldiers. I was waiting for a Turkish soldier pack for some time. Will you have special forces in the future?

Looks great from the site content, the Turks are a rather buff and important military to have had no proper representation in OFP.

Turkey is upgrading its M60s to Sabra 4 standard isnt it?

Just WOW!

Good to see a new team working on OFP addons!

And it looks like a team with a very high quality standard!

Keep up the good work.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

I look forward to blowing your stuff up with all weapons available blues.gif

Greece vs Turkey would be a good campaign wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Don't even think to blow our stuff Ronin tounge_o.gif

Ex-Ronin think we will see a Cyprus conflict at least wink_o.gif

We can shoot each other in MP but I can tell you you will allways loose biggrin_o.gif

Looks very good Gokhan wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Greece vs Turkey would be a good campaign

No need to tell me something that everyone knows wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Don't even think to blow our stuff Ronin

Expect a combat photography thread picture series to come soon: "100 ways to blow up Turkish hardware" wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ex-Ronin think we will see a Cyprus conflict at least

No, its too big for OFP.

Quote[/b] ]We can shoot each other in MP but I can tell you you will allways loose

Blah blah blah smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looks very good Gokhan

Yeah, delicious targets smile_o.gif

Well, I think we should keep this forum and thread at ease. Peace rules to me.

ExtracTioN, thank you LoLL xmas_o.gif

Aye, but I always test new addons for different ways of blowing them up, so no need to feel aggrieved smile_o.gif

Its a personal tradition of mine, an addon can't be good if you don't enjoy blowing it up wink_o.gif

First thing I did with AEF was to raid it Lawrence of Arabia style - blew up the engine with satchels, then grenaded and machine gunned the disembarking troops. Then called in arty biggrin_o.gif

(sorry odin tounge_o.gif )

Well, I crave to post more screen for you but I am still overworking to improve sound stuff. Almost done... By the way, I will go to army on this sunday. I will be away for 6 months. So if you message me, I can read some 2-3 months later...

That tank transporter looks absolutely marvellous! wow_o.gif

Can we look forward to future Turkish (perhaps even equipment from nearby nations?) equipment? Mirage? F-16? Armour?

What?!? A new mod about important army that has never been made in OFP and they will release this weekend?

And they even seem to make good looking addons.

This rarely happens! biggrin_o.gif

Good job and hope to see some opfor to hunt with these soldiers! wink_o.gif

"And they even seem to make good looking addons."

-Bucket man

"That tank transporter looks absolutely marvellous! "

-Shashman

I wanna cry smile_o.gif

Thanks man smile_o.gif I would like to make a real bird of prey, Turkish F16 with Turkish style hardcore camuflage, xmas_o.gif but this is just my thought and we are a team, you know. If other members support this idea, this becomes your toy lolls smile_o.gif

Big thank`s guys.

I´m always very happy to see new Toys to play with in Flashpoint.BTW the Faun looks very good, can`t wait to testdrive that monster. xmas_o.gif

Merhaba!!! Greetings from the Lost Brothers Mod. I must say I am also extremely impressed!!!  

If your mod is interested in cooperating with the Lost Brothers on any projects, let us know.   I hope you guys will make a Sabra tank.  It's very similar to the latest Israeli Magach  tanks and has armor levels very similar to the M1A1 (if not greater) as well as a state-of-the-art fire control system.  

I agree with everyone else that good Turkish addons are LONG overdue!   I am very happy that you guys are making such excellent looking addons.   I also have many Turkish friends here in Texas where I live.  Inshallah I will be spending my vacation with them fishing soon.  smile_o.gif

I also play the Turkish Baglama Saz by the way, although unfortunately I haven't learned how to play any Turkish songs yet.  I mainly just play basic Middle Eastern sounding songs with it that I create myself.  But if you would like some nice Saz recordings I can maybe make some songs.   I also will definitely make some missions with your addons.  If you like the missions, you are welcome to use any of my missions in your mod's campaigns.  

Maybe I'll make a joint Israeli/Turkish mission.  Turkey is currently the only Islamic country to train with Israel.

Hmm...  maybe a Turkish/Israeli special operations joint anti-terrorist mission.  

Or perhaps a Egyptian/Turkish joint ops mission.  

I am very excited about your upcoming release!  I can't wait!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

I just thaught of something-why dont you use a script similar to BAS's Mh-47 for the truck transport thingy? Like the tank drives up on the trailer and it says "lock cargo" or something.

But I know NOTHING AT ALL about scripting. Just a thought.