Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

Yeah, I think it is a LOD bug that I appeared occassionally. It only happened to me when I was some distance away and it only occured on some units...

Strange, couse the LOD's are all working on all four models, Atleast in O2.

Yeah..for me it was a fairly uncommon bug, so I don't know what the problem really is.

Great job there!

I have made a rather simple MP mission for anyone to grab.

To compliment this addon and the addon creator. smile_o.gif

I don't have a decent site to host it so, if anyones interested PM me or post here with email. I will gladly send them over.

@ebns72

Suggestions always help!

Looking at the pics, I agree that the ERDL is off. Bah! Never rely on friends with powerful washing machines as colour references. Just to let you know, the ERDL in this addon is supposed to be 'brown' ERDL.

I also agree about the armour. Will fix smile_o.gif. I swear flashpoint does weird things to my models! I'll move the vertices around to see if I can get rid of that effect while avoiding clipping (I've learnt a couple of tricks since I last wrestled with the body armour). While I'm away you can try to get better results yourself, I suppose.

Sleeveless guy needs to be remodelled in general. At the time I worked on him, I had not yet discovered the joys of 'Convexity>Create Convex Hull' and 'Topology > Split' yet (all budding modellers take note!), resulting in a lot of weirdness to the model.

The models are unbinarized so you can try by copying the first LOD of any model + proxies to a new file and the armour (IIRC, the selection names are 'armorfrt', 'armorbak' and 'armorside' or something). Write a simple config to test the model ingame. If you do get better results, share with us!

More groups - OK, I'll do that.

Saboteur and Grenadier... will add. I was kind of afraid that the units menu was too spammed. A little more spam won't hurt, I suppose. ;)

BIS hands - Well, in most cases, insurgents (and other assorted 'bad guys') don't wear gloves. I've never really seen any in the photographs. I'm a little apprehensive about remapping the cheek texture on the hands, though, just seems wrong. I'll experiment with your suggestion anyhow.

I'm going to remap the textures on the arms to make them more seamless, in any case.

@ni-mh -

It should only happen when units don't initialize properly (in which case, it's flashpoint's fault). Either that or the test 'ghost' units got spawned! << highly unlikely.

@868 -

Do post it on the User missions forum once you get a host, I'd like to link to the topic.

Thanks for considering the very important targets idea newiy.  I just want to thank you again.  This couldn't have arrived at a better time, and this addon has made it into mission three of my campaign.   Of course I'm only at mission three but i'm sure theres more generic opfor missions to come.

nice units smile_o.gif

my only gripe is why are they wearing those ammo belts (Pancho Villa revival?) almost noone uses that, maybe a PK gunner or PK support unit...and the fact that those ammo belts look weird is another reason for me not to like them.

I've seen photos on military photos.net of Venezuelan SF, they were wearing bandoliers, I tihnk in latin america and parts of asia there still somewhat common.

This is a nice pack by way, I'm looking forward to the updated version, they look like they'll be good opponents for extractions upcoming SF pack.

I've seen photos on military photos.net of Venezuelan SF, they were wearing bandoliers, I tihnk in latin america and parts of asia there still somewhat common.

This is a nice pack by way, I'm looking forward to the updated version, they look like they'll be good opponents for extractions upcoming SF pack.

Indeed some targets for my SF units wink_o.gif

Looks nice only thing that looks bad is the green vest it looks huge other than that nice beta wink_o.gif

another bug i noticed is that when shot the camo textures on the part of the body shot revert to one solid color, usually grey or blue or green.

very nice guys. love the randomized effect.

I just wanted to say job well done. I've missing an addon like that for a while and here it is...

If you're planning to improve them a bit, please fix all these ammo belts floating in air. Try to make them stick to the body. smile_o.gif

Hi Newiy,

I've nvidia 5700 fx ultra and ati 9500 radeon (drivers/bios updated, XP Pro and XP Pro SP2), and I experience freezing.

Also, I play regularly WGL mod, but I don't know if this mode is incompatible with JAM2.

So I'm waiting some fixes and furter release.

However, thanks a lot for your effort: I've been waiting a long time for this addons.

Please, can You release another OPFOR pack without any weapons (like civilian), requesting just 1.96 patch? Each player (or mission maker) will add right weapons according his job.

So, if WGL mod is incompatible with JAM2 I can use your addons all the same.

I understand my request is heavy! I rely on your sympathy ... and on your work too!!

Thanks again. Best regards.

I have nVIDIA Geforce 6800 (128MB DDR) and this addon is freezing my OFP. Hope this problem can be fixed soon enough so i can test this units. They look promising   smile_o.gif

jam hd ammo just makes this addon reallly great

thanks yet again

I have no problems with freezing or so think some addon is conflicting with people with freeze problems.

I have no problems with freezing or so think some addon is conflicting with people with freeze problems.

There are too much people complaining about it and i'm using a clean mod folder so the freezing prob is directly related with this addon. The author must check very well his config, it seems to me a config problem.

There are too much people complaining about it and i'm using a clean mod folder so the freezing prob is directly related with this addon. The author must check very well his config, it seems to me a config problem.

A stupid question maybe but you got Jam2 installed also Suchey&Earls Marine Pack too rock.gif

What I can suggest is download the newest version of Jam2

To make sure download this version Jam2

Other than that I dunno what is causing the problems.

A stupid question maybe but you got Jam2 installed also Suchey&Earls Marine Pack too rock.gif

What I can suggest is download the newest version of Jam2

To make sure download this version Jam2

Other than that I dunno what is causing the problems.

I have Jam2 installed. Installing now Suchey&Earls Marine Pack smile_o.gif

Ok, it works fine after installing Suchey&Earls Marine Pack smile_o.gif

It is a very good pack but i don't get why the hell is this requiring Suchey&Earls Marines.

Dunno but glad you solved the problem.

edit:

Maybe he used Earls weapons in config or some parts or line that can be the only thing wink_o.gif

i was thinking, how about a generic opfor with vehicles? (like tanks and cars)

pretty much like FIA...

but in some kind of woodland camo? (not the old swiss camo that FIA uses) ;)

maybe it´s too much work though?

the vehicles should ofcource be old surplus stuff, both east and west..

no choppers or planes...

but maybe even some rusty old T34 tanks, alongside with T55, T62 and M60 tanks.... just a big mess of different equipment really

you can always use the bis hummer. how are paramilitaries going to afford weapons anyways unless you mean through drugs. most equipemnt by terrorists is eastern after the collapse of the soviet union.

you can always use the bis hummer. how are paramilitaries going to afford weapons anyways unless you mean through drugs. most equipemnt by terrorists is eastern after the collapse of the soviet union.

thats why i thought they should have a lot of different stuff, stuf they have found, stolen and.. well... got their hands on..

could be civilian cars with steel plates welded onto them, and maybe a old T34 that they found in a swamp and somehow made working again, uparmoured with bricks and cement...

simply, the guerillas has used what they have found... and with a bit of imagination made "better"...

a MG in a cut open hole in a trabant roof :P

a RPG rack on the roof of a pickup truck...

well, anything really biggrin_o.gif

and ofcource, the uniforms would be similar... just what they have found, and then attached some sort of recognition marking on...

to all the ppl with the freezing problem have u got BAS Delta Ranger addon installed because i got it to work after i installed the BAS stuff i had the freeze problem but its fixed now

Try the above void_false, maybe it`ll work then.

It has something to do with jam, this addon and a third party addon.

But that`s only what I think blues.gif

GeForce4MX, JAM2 and S&E installed -> still freezes.  sad_o.gif

do you have the S&E Jam version?

last time i saw it it was available at OPFEC.