Sign in to follow this  
newiy

Generic OPFOR BETA 1

nice addition, perfect for different scenarios, especially as oppostion forces smile_o.gif

Terrorists baby.  Now we got the anti terrorism in effect instead of all this country vs. country bull that we've been doing for ages.  I'm sick of seeing all these real life countries go at it over and over again in ofp.  I just want to nab "the bad guys" not the russians or the koreans just "the bad guys".

The stories come much easier when you can name any old bad principle and say thats what their fighting for instead of defence of their country or something too touchy.

The only unfortunate side is terrorist fights are short and usually over in one night.  Delta comes in and its over.  SF comes in and its over.  Etc.  But hey its not hurting anyones feelings in real life.

Remember the terrorists from the Die Hard trilogy?  They were a force to be reconed with. I hope that since this is a beta, in the next release we can get some actual characters like terrorist leaders with actual names, unless of course we have to use our imagaination and make them up ourselves.

I'm gonna use these to create a fictional senario similar to borneo in the 60s. Using this addon , LA Drang, UKF, diemco pack and architect's Puma. A ex commonwealth gov't asks the UK to send SAS commandos to help combat paramilitary seperatist geurillas. This addon rocks!

mask = city terrorist

no mask = remote location terrorist or very rich pop out on occassion terrorist

or

mask = if someone might recognize their face

no mask = if nobody really would recognize them anyhow

and you know how to match camo up.

most masked terrorists are religious because they appear daily somewhere like a mosque or something but if you are a full time terrorist you don't wear a mask.

That'd be dope to have a mission where you recon a mosque to see who goes in and out, then when you see them coming out in terrorist gear you follow them and bust em.  It wouldn't happen like that in real life though.  They'd change at home and move out, or at a safehouse.

Nogova has churches but they're not muslim, so you'd see more of the unmasked rich boy terrorist on the everon islands.

Mungari you'd see the masked terrorist for its city feel. Chechnya masked terrorists. Any packed area, masked terrorists. Barely any houses, unmasked.

Its not suchey's marines.I dont have them and they work fine. smile_o.gif

I have HYK,JAM 2,LSR's Delta Rangers(Old version)

I also have ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, and it runs fine!

EDIT:OOPS.I have freezing probs TOO.My wrong for spamming.(Is this considered spamming cuz i have freezing probs too???) sad_o.gif

This is awesome! Nice work newiy. OFP has been in dire need of something like this for ages. Thanks!

I agree with BoweryBaker, one thing that would be cool for future releases, or maybe a seperate pack would be some high-value targets. By this I mean units representing the leaders of terrorist groups. Be it a guy in a general's uniform or robes and head-dress, something to make them stand out from the regular terrorists. Think of the cool sniper missions we could make. Ideas:

- Generic Islamic leader

- Generic warlord leader

- Generic rich Western leader

etc

Anyway, I made a quick instant action mission with these guys, check over in User Missions if you're interested.

I'd like to see an addon called "kingpins", where its nothing but terrorist group leaders.  High priority targets.  Whatever.

I gotta catch up on my B movies and see what kinda missions I can come up with. Namely my Chuck Norris movies. The timeless classics they are.

thanks newiy for such an excellent pack!

the only thing i think should be improved are the arms on the sleeveless units. the textures should be refined to give it a cleaner look. otherwise, great job!

@tacrod:

Hey, thanks. I will add a link to your mission topic on the first page.

@All who has 'freezing' problems:

I need a 'guinea pig' if I am to solve this problem. It seems to occur to users with nvidea 5700 FX Ultra cards (another user has reported this). ShadowY says that S&E's marines will fix the freezing spontaneously.

I really don't want you guys to miss out on this addon. I'm giving this bug priority to fix, but I need a 'guinea pig'.

@BoweryBaker

A targets and VIP pack will be considered. It will make a good side project. Someone other than Guba (he's died enough times) to assassinate!

THANKS guys

now every mission should have this addon

i will personally make these units used on my missions

thanks again and good work

This is really great! I´ve been waiting for a pack like this. It´s very nice to have some generic "badguys" to create missions with.

The thing i like best in this pack is the future that randomizes the outfit of some units (i think it is the "missmatched" units). Really cool to have different looking units each time you play. Very good for some urban type missions i´ve created with a large number of units in the streets. These missions used look a bit boring with an army of civi clones crowding the streets but now they look a bit more alive. biggrin_o.gif

The only complaint i´ve got is that some of the units (dunno if its all of em) looks a bit small (short) compared to others. Another thing is that i don´t really like is that a large number of the supposedly non-rpg units gets equiped with rpgs. Would be great if you could fix this so that only units that is specified as being rpg units have rpgs.

Thanks for a great pack! Keep up the good work!

smile_o.gif

@All who has 'freezing' problems:

I need a 'guinea pig' if I am to solve this problem. It seems to occur to users with nvidea 5700 FX Ultra cards (another user has reported this). ShadowY says that S&E's marines will fix the freezing spontaneously.

I have Geforce 5600 FX, and i have freezing problems too sad_o.gif

Nice OPFOR Pack ! smile_o.gif

I know it's a beta but theres still a lot off work to do.

I'am not that O2 expert but it should be obviously for everyone that there are wrong proxy definitions allmost on every model off this pack. For example most units got more than one RPG proxy and so on.

Also i've encountered a thing i've never seen before, normaly i'am binarizing all addons i'am using and these are the first i've encountered that will actually crash binarize ! crazy_o.gif

I've allready got rid of some of the wrong proxys and other modelerrors but they are still crashing.

I hope this pack gets all it's bugs ironed out in the future as it adds something that was missing in OFP for a long time.

I use a GeForce FX 5900 XT and have no problem with this Units. This Units look good, I´ll keep an Eye on this for future releases. biggrin_o.gif

Looking good biggrin_o.gif

The textures look .. familiar though.. the DPM ones that is

BAS TSF by any chance?

@Locke

Not obvious to me, but I'll fix it as best as I can.

@Rhodite

The DPM scheme is not represented in this pack. The name of that camo scheme is Rhodesian.

I assure you, it's not BAS TSF textures. A side by side comparison with the TSF will put this doubt to rest.

K I have tested some more with throwing in throwing out.

Your generic OPFOR freezes my OFP when:

O.PBO is in my DATA folder(easy one)

When I dont have SuchUSMC and SuchRUS in, or I dont have  TACTvents in(part of sucheys marines).

So without TACTevents it will freeze as well.

When I have all the above in the folders my OFP freezes.

So to come at the point when your generic OPFOR works is only when I have a proper DATA folder and SUCHEYS marines in.

So why it would be a nvidia FX 5700 ultra or whatever nvidia GFX be the problem I still dont get rock.gif

I think it`s a addons\script(s)thingy

I have no idea. I suspect the cause is a mix of many factors before a freeze occurs. crazy_o.gif

My intuition tells me the problem lie with the models rather than the config or the scripts. Locke@Germany has reported them crashing Binarize. Maybe both bugs are related? I won't be surprised if they were.

Why you even require TactEvents is a mystery to me, as I am not even sure what the contents of TactEvents are! The scripts I wrote have no external dependencies and are highly specific to my addon. In fact, in one of the PCs used to test this addon, S&E's marines wasn't even installed at all!

Anyhow, glad you got it to work while I go puzzle this out.

I've had no probs with my ATI 9800 either (first time i've been able to say that in relation to OFP biggrin_o.gif ). I dont think its E&S addons or lack of that are the problem, its definatley dosent use the weapons either.

to all the ppl with the freezing problem have u got BAS Delta Ranger addon installed because i got it to work after i installed the BAS stuff i had the freeze problem but its fixed now

Great addon newiy. Very nice work i have been waitin for some units like this for a while.

After playing with these guys for about a day or two, its time for some recommendations biggrin_o.gif

-groups-I would like to see some more groups in the 'groups" option-like a desert group, and a civilian-only group were missing.

-the ERDL camo seems a bit washed out/miscolored. For some good textures, go to this site. It has camo patterns from pretty much every country around the world.

-arms on some of the sleeveless guys can be reshaped-they seem awkward at times.

-the hands should use the same texture as the arms. The crappy dirty BIS hands don't match up with the arms :P Actually, I think it would be better to set it so some have black or brown gloves on while others have bare hands. It would be yet another use for that great randomization of yours smile_o.gif.

-I would like to see some new units added, like a guy with satchel charges or a grenadier.

-One of the randomized green body armors seems a bit weird, like its a bit fat. The way it sits on the body doens't look right. http://www.onpoi.net/ah....245.jpg

By the way, I ain't that great of an addonmaker but if you need any help I'll see what I can do. I am very enthusiastic about these guys smile_o.gif We have needed them for so long.

[Please watch pic sizes - 100kb maximum - Fubar]

EDIT: sorry bout filesize crazy_o.gif

i was playing the instant firefight mission in petrovice when all of the OPFOR units i saw had transparent bodies. I played the mission a few more times and was unable to reproduce the bug. Does anyone know of this problem?

Yeah, I think it is a LOD bug that I appeared occassionally. It only happened to me when I was some distance away and it only occured on some units...