Sign in to follow this  
skeg_man

ADF Troops & SASR v1.1 (Bush/Des) - Released

Puzzled too.  Looking at Laser's last iteration of Rangers, I wouldn't include him in that list...purple cammies, day-glo vests, BDUs that don't match the boonie hats, etc....

These ADF guys look good and consistent.  Perhaps its on your end?

Laser`s work always was hight quality!

Dont say that Laser make bad textures he is one of the Best texture makers in OFP. Look at the ORCS VDV 2.0 RHS Motorized Infantry etc etc!

Kammak iam sure you dont even know how to do textures and you havent ever done nothing for OFP so SHUT UP!!!

@nx_illusion - Guess wot buddy! there not gonna change. U don't like em, don't have em. I see no other complaints bout the BDU textures, so yeh there staying!! U can make better??? go for ya life!

The blood on the other hand will change! :P

Adios fellas

Hey skeg_man, I am now with nx_illusion. You should have done a better job with the textures.

I am thinking you should have done them bright yellow, with pink polka dots. And instead of helmets, I want wizard hats. AND i want big clown boots on, not GP boots.

That would have been much more realistic.

and then compare to all the other listed addons that nx gave.

I am thinking he might not like the BDU's cause he hasnt seen australian ones? he might just want our army to look more.. russian. that way, its not much of a change for him!

These units well and truly compare to all those he listed, especially once the blood is sorted out - but i dont like dying anyway.. and that is pretty much the end of the mission if i die, so i only see the blood textures for a few seconds!

ok, im going to go sit in the corner now and wait for nx_illusion to release an extensive list of Australian infantry. then we can whinge about his attempts "you should have made them more like BIS units" blah blah blah.

biggrin_o.gif

tounge_o.gif I did make and Aug with pink cammo. (Look on OFP.org under guns)

As for the blood, the new blood looks well rather........

Bloody....

Trust me I'm maken the new blood. tounge_o.gif

I'd post a pic but I don't think thats wise.

Carry on people.

I am thinking he might not like the BDU's cause he hasnt seen australian ones? he might just want our army to look more.. russian. that way, its not much of a change for him!

I know how Australian BDU looks like i have Australian Uniform my self but old one. I dont hate Australian camo i dont like the textures that Skeg_man made.

Skeg_man if you will give me permission to retexture those units i will show you what i mean i can make more realistic camo pattern.

@mick78 - U funni bastard!! lol, man u had me on the ground laffing! LoL. Keep it up man! :P

@nx_illusion - Guess wot, im not the texture artist! I do the models. And go edit the textures and post a pic! no public release tho!

********** NOTE TO EVERYONE! "SASR SABRE"= OUR TEAMS TEXTURE ARTIST!! NOT A UNIT! A PERSON! PLEASE GIVE HIM CREDIT*******************

I COULDN'T HAVE MADE EM WITH OUT HIM!!!

Dont say that Laser make bad textures he is one of the Best texture makers in OFP. Look at the ORCS VDV 2.0 RHS Motorized Infantry etc etc!

Kammak iam sure you dont even know how to do textures and you havent ever done nothing for OFP so SHUT UP!!!

What a brilliant response. You disagree so you tell people to shut up. Outstanding!

Calm down and get outside a little. You're taking OFP too seriously. smile_o.gif

*****ITS OVER, Mod no longer*****

due to not the rite people being credited! and knobs in the community!

Myself and SASR Sabre, are quiting ADF Troops & SASR! No more public releases! We have finished now.

No final release!

We will continue to work as a team for high detailed aussie troops, but no longer for public.

No more is to be said. Thanx!

WHAT THE ....?? crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

What made you make that dicision. Apart from maybe two people the rest all loved these troops in this topic. And I'm sure many, many more love them that never posted in this topic.

It would be really sad to see this mod 'leave'. Could you please give a bit more info on why? sad_o.gif

Well you can only take so much I guess.

Screamen waste if you ask me.

Shure the stuff needed a bit of work, few bugs.

But it wasn't final....

Now looks like we might be stuck with nothing but

what has been said and done now.

Mmm I've seen more then one project die this way.

ghostface.gif

ghostface.gif

ah man. that sucks.

sad_o.gif

if i give you both a big hug and a kiss will you please finish it for us?? what if i sing you a song? maybe 'if i could turn back time' by cher? (fishnets, cannons, the works)

what if i introduce you to my younger sister? rock.gif

wait. i dont have one. what if i introduce you to my younger brother? wow_o.gif

come on. who else is going to make me my yellow suited trops with wizard hats and clown shoes?rock.gifsad_o.gif

*hopefully* hear from you soon!!! ghostface.gif

cheers

mick

@mick78 - Ur a gun man! thats damn good shit! look we all on hold till we get it sorted. I'll post soon. Adios

rock.gif

sounds promising!

SO- to up my offer from before, I'll do a remdition of Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby, Cher - If i could turn back time, and then, to top it all off... Dont blame it on the rain, by Milli Vanilli.

costume for milli vanilli could be hard.

I'll also hug and kiss you both, introduce you to my brother, and bugger it, i'll throw in a fun-sized mars bar for each of you.

Just kiddin man- hopefully it all works out.

im going back to my corner.

mick. rock.gif

sad_o.gif

Well, hopefully he'll come back, I know what it's like

to have a few people like it and a few people bad

mouth it. You hear the bad comments more then the

good.

(Corners are bad I've been in the same corner for 2

years with my SEAL addon.)

blues.gifblues.gif

(Ellwood) (Jake)

Then again I'll talk to skeg and we can try and sort

this out. Would be a shame too loose this great work

we've done here. Till then everyone sit tight and keep

your fingers crossed.

crazy_o.gif

can someone tell me that this is a joke`.. please ?!

it´d be a damn shame if this mod dies just because of 3 immature posts sad_o.gif

your adf´s so great because it made the gap between vbs1 and ofp a bit smaller.

as for the credits: i may have forgot to thank sasr sabre on these forums but i knew that his work went into the addon aswell as yours and of course i mentioned both of you in my newspost  smile_o.gif (btw: the german community loves your addons too  wink_o.gif )

Aww, FFS! You guys could have said something to put the very few whingers in their sad little place, soldier on; and continue to endeavour to put out some well accepted and appreciated aussie add-ons to the community.

But no, you give up, declare that you'll do something anti-social to everyone by continuing to develop these damn fine units; but keep them to yourselves by not releasing them publicly... sad_o.gif

C'mon guys, that's just not cricket. I urge you to reverse the decision to stop, and just brush the nay sayers aside and flip ‘em the bird if you know you’ve got it right (and I think you two do). smile_o.gif

In the end, no-one gives a shit about what the nit-pickers want / say / demand anyway.

-Binocular = NV. It seems to be a config problem. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyhelp would be awesome. I've changed all the models now so yeh, it has to be a config problem. Not LOD.

That should be an easy fix ,

I show you for your "Desert 2RAR Officer (Helmet)" for the example

In the config.cpp of this unit (in the ADF_TroopsD.pbo) , when you have this line :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> weapons[]={"Throw","Put","NVGoggles","ADF_F88DS_M203","ADF_Mk3","Binocular"};

Change it to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> weapons[]={"ADF_F88DS_M203","ADF_Mk3","Binocular","NVGoggles","Throw","Put"};

and voila, problem solved, the binocular will use the binocular model.

Notice that the order of "weapon first, binocular , nvgoggles, throw , put" is important to have everything to work correctly (that is how BIS makes it in their own config)

Ausie guys thanks for the addons i lke em!! Perhaps the guys whinging should be a little more polite in their critisim,or better still don't complain at all! After all these ausie guys must have put a lot of time and effort into this, and all for free. once again thank you very much,hope you keep up the good work.

Puzzled too.  Looking at Laser's last iteration of Rangers, I wouldn't include him in that list...purple cammies, day-glo vests, BDUs that don't match the boonie hats, etc....

These ADF guys look good and consistent.  Perhaps its on your end?

I didnt like lasers texture at all... they didnt match... as said before, these ones are consistent! Though they may need a little work, they are tops!  tounge_o.gif

good work lads.

He's just upset that you guys made the textures on your own and didn't steal them from another mod team is what he's saying I think. Soldier on! These units are great, love 'em!

Alright, enough!

Discuss an addon like adults, or face a PR. Bickering about textures and other aspects of the addon solves nothing. If you have a GENUINE grievance about an addon, either discuss it politely like a civilised person or don't discuss it (here) at all. Flaming and flame baiting will NOT be tolerated.

<span style='color:red'>Consider this an OFFICIAL warning. Further offences will be instant 48 hour PRs, or 1 week for repeat offenders, along with warning boxes.</span>

mad_o.gif

*****ITS OVER, Mod no longer*****

due to not the rite people being credited! and knobs in the community!

Myself and SASR Sabre, are quiting ADF Troops & SASR! No more public releases! We have finished now.

No final release!

We will continue to work as a team for high detailed aussie troops, but no longer for public.

No more is to be said. Thanx!

Don't chuck a DS on us mate, or Jim and the boys will slam you.