Sign in to follow this  
Schabernak

M60A1

The recoil of the 152mm beat the crap outta the crews?

Really?

<I spent 3 years of my life cooped up inside an A2, can't recall the gun beating the crap outta me ever, now the TC, there was a different story>

Ohhh calm_terror, this Sabra is looking excellent!

Is there one drivin' arround in OFP?

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Main failing of the M60A2 and M551A1 152mm cannon system was the horrendus recoil, on the Patton it was substatial, on the Sheridain its was a great deal worse. The cannon fired a AT missile like a cannon round, the guidence system still had lots of bugs, had a problem engaging enemy targets at close ranges, so gunners had to use heat-rounds. Too bad the missile is still rather nasy, like firing a TOW out the cannon.

Long time - no news...

Yes, I think this project is dead.

11 days past after first post how can it be dead rock.gif

Rome isn't build in 1 day m8 I am sure he still works on it wink_o.gif

Just give him time wink_o.gif

Project is not dead!

I´m working on a searchlight, but there is a problem: the light wont move with the turret, so i think it´s not possible to complete this idea.

m60light.jpg

Did youmake it part of the selections for turret and gun? (turret for rotation, gun for elevation)

I've actually never tried to make a light move myself, but if it's part of the selections it should work.

of course the light is part of the turret selections. also the points in memory lod. but the f*cking light won´t rotate with the turret.

m60a1-4.jpg

It's just not posible in OFP from what i remember in the old OË› days wink_o.gif

of course the light is part of the turret selections.

I had to ask...

You don't want to know how many people would make that mistake. Too bad it's and engine limit.

Had the problem on the M551A1 TTS, we just put the cover over the light after an a exhaustive attempt to attach it to the barrel.

The Unsung has an M48 about half done and we need help to finish it anyways, so rather than make a new m48 please help finish ours?  smile_o.gif

M48.jpg

Looks nice, too nice most M48s looks like God beat them with a sledgehammer. Well I offered help a long time ago and got blown off so I went to work with combat instead. I got a half finished M48 kicking around but its going to be the last verssion of the M48 before it left The Army. Now too busy as a few other mods now farm work out to me for some reason. As for the M60, Don't forget to spill some textures on the lift and towing shackles. Rudedog always forgot. =P

Remove the cannon from the fire geo, stops it from being knocked out first hit..

not to mess up the thread,

but dude you said something about how u made addon but you wouldnt want to show it for some reason, so i said why talk about it if you wont show it, pretty straight up, i didnt mean to scare you away we wouldve appreciated the help.

Drow, that's a fine looking M-48 there. I've been wanting one of those in OFP for a long time. Whenever you finish it, it'll be a nice addon!

Remove the cannon from the fire geo, stops it from being knocked out first hit..

The Fire-Geo is only for checking whether the tank was hit or not.

The Hitpoints-Lod is for checking what has been hit, therefore he had to delete the "gun"(?)-selection from the hitpoints-Lod.

Sorry I stand corrected, I caught myself later but you rectitifed the answer already on the tank cannon.

why remove the gun jsut make the gun's armour like 3 or 4 times the tanks value

ie

armorgun=5 or soemthing like that

it would very well

here is the value on lost brothers m60 magach 6 with era

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

armor=400;

armorStructural=8.0;

class HitEngine {armor=0.8;material=60;name=engine;passThrough=1;};

class HitHull {armor=0.86;material=50;name=hull;passThrough=1;};

class HitTurret {armor=1;material=51;name=turet;passThrough=1;};

class HitGun {armor=1;material=52;name=gun;passThrough=1;};

class HitLTrack {armor=0.6;material=53;name=pasL;passThrough=1;};

class HitRTrack {armor=0.6;material=54;name=pasP;passThrough=1;};

armorHull=1.5;

armorTurret=1;

armorGun=1;

armorEngine=0.8;

armorLights=0.4;

armorTracks=0.75;

that makes the gun a pain to destory.

and the structure makes it hard to blow up it iwll jsut be disabled.

I got a half finished M48 kicking around but its going to be the last verssion of the M48 before it left The Army.

And that's a good thing!

Glad to to hear that your project is still alive.

As a "Soviet" tank gunner I definitely can't wait to engage this baby in action!

with working era?

not really. would be a scripting nightmare

with modeled

yes, already done i made one for lost brothers.

you just simulate it by giving it a higher armour value.

there was that areana script for the bmd3 but it was overly good you could not hit the thing ever with a missile wich is not realistic.

it is just better to model it on and then simulate it..