Sign in to follow this  
Vheilh

Ghetto Mod

Hi there!

We are planning to make something called "Ghetto Mod", about Warsaw Ghetto during WW II. We have some models ready, in my next post I'll give a link to screens, but we are looking for more people to help (!!!!) in detail:

-texturers!!

-model makers

-map makers

-beta testers

and so on...

Please, if anyone is interested, feel free to contact me by e-mail or PW, mail is: vheilh@neostrada.pl

Thanks a lot,

Vheilh

Mate thats a really grim concept .... whats next ? Auschwitz/Birkenau MOD ?

Guest major gandhi

... and again why don't you try to choose a fitcional scenario and not imitate real events. your mod will lead to a degradation of all the people who died in that terrible tragedy!

What gives you all the right to degrade this person's ideas when you haven't even heard most of them?

Not degrading , just pointing out that its not the best way to honour the people who died during the holocaust .

Or am i wrong ?

... and again why don't you try to choose a fitcional scenario and not imitate real events. your mod will lead to a degradation of all the people who died in that terrible tragedy!

Double this.

It give also too much possibilitys for kind of "bad" missions in my oppinion.

hehe, when I first saw this, I had visions of guys 'slappin hoes' and 'poppin caps'

"sir, da east side massiv as at 8 o clock"

Hmm I don't know about this one. I would much rather see something like Warsaw Uprising, but I suppose I am interested in the concept. I don't really find this degrading, but I do find it rather odd to see this in OFP. Historical accuracy would be very hard to hold up.

"sir, da east side massiv as at 8 o clock"

biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's disgusting!

I think what he's talking about has more to do with this:

Quote[/b] ]In the summer of 1942, about 300,000 Jews were deported from Warsaw to Treblinka. When reports of mass murder in the killing center leaked back to the Warsaw ghetto, a surviving group of mostly young people formed an organization called the Z.O.B. (for the Polish name, Zydowska Organizacja Bojowa, which means Jewish Fighting Organization). The Z.O.B., led by 23-year-old Mordecai Anielewicz, issued a proclamation calling for the Jewish people to resist going to the railroad cars. In January 1943, Warsaw ghetto fighters fired upon German troops as they tried to round up another group of ghetto inhabitants for deportation. Fighters used a small supply of weapons that had been smuggled into the ghetto. After a few days, the troops retreated. This small victory inspired the ghetto fighters to prepare for future resistance.

On April 19, 1943, the Warsaw ghetto uprising began after German troops and police entered the ghetto to deport its surviving inhabitants. Seven hundred and fifty fighters fought the heavily armed and well-trained Germans.

I'd say it's a good idea, but I might wait and see if OFP2 has improved CQB/urban AI before making a mod where most of the combat will occur inside a city.

Quote[/b] ]hehe, when I first saw this, I had visions of guys 'slappin hoes' and 'poppin caps'

Same here, I was thinking of "enemy bling at 11 o'clock" tounge_o.gif .

IMHO trying to portray the Warszaw uprising with the OFP engine would result in a travesty gameplay- and 'respect'-wise.

What exactly will be in this mod? Is it just going to be addons of starving people? We could use that in missions for the realism and atmosphere. If you really want to live in world war two era, you should see what the soldiers saw. I'm sure it will be in good taste, though the name is kind of misleading, I'd go with a more professional one.

Why not go and make a mod about the Turks marching the Christian Amernians out into the desert? Or ethnic cleansing in the Balkans? Or even a mod from the eyes of a child soldier in Africa?

If you ask me, something made for entertainment that touches upon such things would have to be incredibly accurate and tasteful and though provoking to justify itself, and even then it's going to be highly controversial.

Perhaps this mod is just trying to touch on a chapter that is over-looked in WWII. Mainly the great armies are remembered and bitter fighting during the Blitzkrieg, Eastern Front, and the days and months leading up to and after Normandy. There were many non-army fighters during this time though, and I think that if WWII OFP does lack one thing it is a resistance. I would love to see a few models made of a generic resistance, so it could be Norwegian, French, Polish, or anyone that fought behind enemy lines against the Germans almost all the time. One of my grandfathers spent six years in the woods of Poland fighting the Germans. I would think it is nice to see something atleast in honor of the people loyal to their countries that fought to help the Allies. Perhaps that is the same thing this mod is trying to portray, though I do feel it is very isolated event. Perhaps this will inspire some sort of Partisant/Resistance fighter pack in the WWII community here, atleast I hope so. I do hope to see more progress from this mod in the coming weeks/months.

Prettymuch ignore the complainers, most of them only pop on a moan when something isn't to their liking and spam the threads. I think it be a cool WWII resistance mod. Mainly stick to the historical aspects and try to not let this get into a politcal statement mod. And you will do well.