Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

OFP2 on DVD / 4 CD's

simply to see if BIS should bother making OFP2 onto a DVD smile_o.gif .

and after two minutes of thinking...

i've decided to leave this open for comment biggrin_o.gif let the voting begin!

While they're at it, to help fill up the DVD it would be nice to include OFP2 ports of the major OFP community mods, the tools, the promo pics and stuff, in a misc 'unsupported' folder.

umm, that'd probably fill up 4 dual-layer DVDs lol

well who knows, maybe blu-ray will be what DVD drives are now

Definately DVD. By the time OFP2 comes out, a vast majority of people (atleast gamers, and others really into computers) will have DVD burners, and everybody(unless they have like a 8 year old system) will have a DVD Reader. 1 DVD is so much nicer to use than several CDs. I can't stand installing Linux from a multi-CD distro from CDs, I always use DVDs(not too many other software things come on DVDs ATM, atleast things that I use).

Yes I agree, DVD's all the way.

But I think this topic is somewhat useless since BIS is currently thinking of making community wide research on PC Specs. wink_o.gif

DVD, I don't wan't to: Put in cd1, cd2, cd3, cd4 ,cd5, cd6 and then cd1, cd6 again <-- for extra content like Gamespy and DX. crazy_o.gif

I think it should come on 13,000 3.5" floppies  tounge_o.gif

...seriously though, I think more game designers/distributors will be moving to releasing their games on DVD in the future, as games levels and other content get larger and take up more and more CDs...

DVD's are the way of the future. In a few years there won't be CD-R's anymore. I have a dream that one day blank DVD disks will be cheap. tounge_o.gif

DVD players is pretty much standard in todays computers,

and more and more PC games comes in a DVD version.

So I guess it would be in DVD and CD too.

PS: How much more does it cost to make a DVD?

I have a dream that one day blank DVD disks will be cheap.  tounge_o.gif

That day is already here.

dabs (online shop) dvd's

Thats a pack of 50 4.7GB 8x DVD-R's for Å10.98

which works out at about 21p per disc wink_o.gif

Where similar CD-R's work out at about 10p per disc, but for only 1/7th the storage capacity.

So you pay twice as much for DVDs, but get ~7 times the amount of storage per disc. Works for me biggrin_o.gif

Edit: DVD-ROM Drives for only Å14, hardly bank breaking wink_o.gif

Hmm ..5 computers in our house...1 DVD drive.

Computer guru as myself haven't even purchased a dvd burner yet for my own computer.I know DVD burner costs same as cd burner nowadays,just haven't bought one and don't have a need for one.I would buy a different piece of hardware before dvd drive

Possibly by the time OFP2 comes out I will have one by then.

The only reason I am thinking of getting one is because I am starting to archive my stuff to dvd(ebooks and such)

Hmm, CD and DVD would be gd, but howabout the cost? they would have to get a proportion of CD drived computers to DVD drived computers, then make it to that ratio. But if they got it wrong, they could loose ALOT of money. But aye, DVD would be best. I mean, think about it, pretty much ALL new computers these days will have DVD drives fitted, and I myself, believe that by 2006 about 90% of computer owners will have DVD drives

I'd much rather have a game on DVD, more efficient, and I don't like having 4 CD's for one game... it confuses me. biggrin_o.gif

o gee... there will be a day soon when multiple-CD games are considered as retro LoL

I have nothing against DVD's but somehow my heart beats for the CD's tounge_o.gif