Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

Have you ever tried quitting smoking/alcohol?

Quote[/b] ]True discipline is having these potentially dangerous substances at your disposal, within your reach, and not abusing them................True discipline is to refuse something when accepting is actually an option.

Surely this must make me a truly disciplined person considering I've smoked around 30 a day since 11, and my girlfriends is sitting beside me every day smoking - while I'm still succesfull at quittting smile_o.gif It makes me feel so good!

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I once tried to stop eating winegums

I read it for:

"I once tried to stop eating wiggums

ralph_wiggum_800.gif

For the alcohol and other things discussion. I smoke, I drink, I like beer, wine and liqours, don´t drink whiskey as it makes me superman, like wodka + anything, Sturm or Federweißer right now, was out friday (2 guys one woman, all equally drinking with a final of 1 bottle of champagne, 2 bottles of red wine and half a bottle of Marillenschnaps and we were discussing issues like the bad hairdresser of the queen, the illogics in physical string theories and why that doesn´t matter because we are so freakin futile and that George Lazenby was the most awful actor the Bond series ever had.

Well, well you see, sometimes it´s good to have some excursions from daily life. As long as it doesn´t get a daily deal it´s ok for me. Nothing tastes better than a cold beer on a hot summer evening with barbecue biggrin_o.gif

Cheers !

Always keep it in the right direction and it will be ok for you.

PS: Forum rules addition A to §1: Do never try to eat moderators neither complete nor in parts biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

... never touched cigarettes. And wine tastes terrible from what I vaguely remember from church services.

Unfortunately it's likely the damage has already ben done. My dad smoked until I was about 9 and my mile time is about +-12 minutes which is "unacepptable" according to school standards, lowering my grade in PE and thus giving me a bad GPA.

I once tried to stop eating winegums. It's a mission impossible.

Indeed, they should stop selling Bassets winegums in regular stores. The governments need to control the consumers, or else we'll have the entire world population addicted to winegums by year 3009!

It's not hard to quit a substance, its just some people put it at the back of their minds to not do it so much.

... never touched cigarettes. And wine tastes terrible from what I vaguely remember from church services.

Thats becuase Churches only ever give away cheap nasty stuff.

Get yourself a nice Merlot or Shiraz and enjoy.

Thats becuase Churches only ever give away cheap nasty stuff.

How about churches in France? smile_o.gif

"The beverage of the Roman world, as with the Greeks, was wine. It was more than a mere drink, but a sign of civilization. For beer, though known, was seen as fit for barbarians."

biggrin_o.gif

"Cigarette pack is an inanimate object, incapable of harming anybody"

"Countries that ban smoking in public places have a higher cancer rate"

Quitting smoking ATM. 3 months so far.

So stfu! mad_o.gifcrazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

I don't want it to seem like smoking is totally cool or even good because smoking affects your pleasure sensors in your brain.  When you smoke anything it feels good.  It spoils you.  So when you get bored and want to do something the first thing you're going to think is to smoke, especially after you've done it for so long.  You'll be like a damn kid in a candy store after awhile.  The harder the drug, the more pleasure it gives you, which is why some drugs are illegal because they give you so much pleasure you can't turn back, or if you do it too much you could die, but it gives you so much pleasure whats to stop you from wanting to experience pleasure?  So thats why drugs and other vices are bad.  It'll make you like it to the point where it'll destroy your body and you won't care.  

I think that it is the responsibility of every individual who DOESN'T TAKE PART IN THESE VICES to not only say why its bad, but also give an ALTERNATIVE to doing it, or perhaps invite someone to enjoy an alternative activity WITH THEM so that they can learn to quit as well.  Like one good example is I think on the second page of this thread where it says something like he watches cartoons, plays video games and something else i forget.  So invite someone you know to take part in the normal drug free life you lead or just be stuck up like the rest of the socially accepted crowd.     

Until there is a substitute, there will be no change.

That should be the new anti drug slogan.  I so desperately want to live a normal life though minus the partying with weed or licquor, because I think it might get me a decent girlfriend.  I'd like to meet some people who live like normal people.  They be so busy though. Matter of fact, I'm going to take part in this, and quit tonight at 8:02pm arizona time on October thirteenth.

I think that it is the responsibility of every individual who DOESN'T TAKE PART IN THESE VICES to not only say why its bad, but also give an ALTERNATIVE to doing it, or perhaps invite someone to enjoy an alternative activity WITH THEM so that they can learn to quit as well.  Like one good example is I think on the second page of this thread where it says something like he watches cartoons, plays video games and something else i forget.  So invite someone you know to take part in the normal drug free life you lead or just be stuck up like the rest of the socially accepted crowd.     

Until there is a substitute, there will be no change.

That should be the new anti drug slogan.  I so desperately want to live a normal life though minus the partying with weed or licquor, because I think it might get me a decent girlfriend.  I'd like to meet some people who live like normal people.  They be so busy though.  Matter of fact, I'm going to take part in this, and quit tonight at 8:02pm arizona time on October thirteenth.

I disagree with you on some things. You say that people who don't take drugs should help others out.

The problem is that those ppl simply don't have a clue what they're talking about. Sure you can read stuff in some books but there are always a lot of questions left. It's unbelievable how simple minded some ppl are about drugs.

Ok, we don't need drug addicts trying to help others out, that's not what i'm saying. What i am saying is that if we would try to help such ppl then we'd have to give the "teachers" a good lesson first.

Let them know what the effects of drugs are, the good side and the bad side, how you feel, what it does to your body, how it changes your way of thinking, what you can ('t) do when you've taken drugs, etc etc etc

Most ppl just know that 'baby jezus doesn't like drugs!' together with some crap they heard from their neighbour.

That's the biggest problem if you ask me. When i say weed everyone thinks: BAAAAAD

And that's where it stops, ppl just know that annoying kids smoke it and then they cause even more trouble blah blah blah.

Same for any kind of drugs, we just aren't informed enough.

Ppl don't know how dangerous cocaine is while others think weed is SUUUUPERDANGEROUS rock.gif

It's the 21st century ffs... Drugs will always be on this planet no matter what. It'd be a lot better if every person would know exactly what the good and bad things about drugs are. No more bullshit, just the plain truth... Education we call it. Sex was something dirty too a long time ago, these days it's normal (at least where i live). The same should happen for drugs. I'm not saying that we should all start using it (after all, it's not like we're all having sex 24/7 now that it isn't such an 'evil' thing anymore, right? Well, at least not everyone is tounge_o.gif), i'm just saying that ppl should get educated about it. On a professional way, not the biased bullshit that ppl believe these days...

And why do you think that taking drugs immediatly changes your whole life? It sounds as if you're saying that ppl that take drugs once in a while can't have a normal life/girlfriend/job/...

You know, there are some ppl who are able to control themselves.

I dunno about the ppl that you know, but all the ppl that i know who take drugs are normal ppl, some with a girlfriend, some with a job and some are students. Sure they don't take cocaine or anything like that but still...

Hey man, I'd love for weed to be legal, I just feel like giving up the fight sometimes.  I know its slowly becoming more acceptable, but its like, I'm slowly losing confidence in it ever becoming legal.  Education must happen though.  You're right, the opinion on sex did change big time, I'm talking BIG TIME.  I've seen it change with my own eyes, but more sharply within these past ten or fifteen years to the point where everything and everyone is becoming sexier and sexier, and sexier.  Education is good.  Maybe some day people will be educated enough to be entrusted on whether or not they'll use drugs, and the government will entrust their health to themselves.  Till then, I must prepare for a good job that requires a drug test so....

But deep in the inner city where I live, I notice some areas where drug tests are non existant for jobs and there is a more relaxed attitude toward things as far as getting the job goes, which is how it should be.  Noone should be turned down till its proven they can't do the job, even after they've been trained, or that they're not trying to become better at it, or they're just refusing to do what they've been told. Job memories coming to me now, buncha bad experiences....

If you want to see some funny reactions at a drugtest, eat one of those

BAEC_MohnsemmelMitKren_m.jpg

before the test.

You will be ranking with Opium users after eating such. smile_o.gif

No joke. Does work; tested. biggrin_o.gif

If you want to see some funny reactions at a drugtest, eat one of those

smile_o.gif

No joke. Does work; tested.  biggrin_o.gif

I eat those whole the freakin' time!

I'm a drug addict ffs!  rock.gif  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

All that i want to say is...

SMOKING KILLS

Btw...

I am against smoking cigarettes. It fucks up your lungs and you get absolutely nothing in return...

I do smoke a cigarette sometime on a party for example but it's not an addiction so i don't see the problem...

Quote[/b] ]I am against smoking cigarettes. It fucks up your lungs and you get absolutely nothing in return...

I do smoke a cigarette sometime on a party for example but it's not an addiction so i don't see the problem...

Remember that grass is many times more harmful to lungs than any cigarette, contrary to some beliefs.

'choose life, choose microwave oven...'

Anyways it doesn't matter, every man's got his own poison.

Quote[/b] ]I am against smoking cigarettes.  It fucks up your lungs and you get absolutely nothing in return...

Remember that grass is many times more harmful to lungs than any cigarette, contrary to some beliefs.

I dunno if that's the truth or not... Many ppl say cigarettes are worse than joints, others say joints are worse than cigarettes. Personally i'm not 100% sure.

You often hear ppl saying stuff like "My biology teacher explained it all to us and cigarettes are a lot worse blah blah"

but on the other hand there are always other ppl saying

"A new study has shown us that joints are a lot worse blah blah"

Ppl that don't like weed say that it's dangerous, others say that it isn't, i dunno who's right smile_o.gif

One thing i know for sure. A lot of ppl that smoke joints just smoke one once in a while or in the weekends or whatever. While ppl that smoke cigarettes often smoke like 20 cigarettes (one small pack) every single day.

Yes, one joint might be worse than one cigarette but i kinda doubt that one joint in the weekend is worse than about 140 cigarettes (one pack each day) in one week...

A joint with weed in it doesn't have as much tobacco as a cigarette. Let's say that you put one full cigarette in your joint. That's way too much but who cares, it's just an example.

Now let's say that you smoke one joint each day. If you're a stoner that isn't a lot... for all you other ppl out there, that's a lot.

This means that each week, you smoke 7 cigarettes + 7 times the amount of weed needed for one joint.

On a weekly base, you smoke 133 cigarettes less than a smoker that smokes one pack/day. This means that each day you smoke 19 cigarettes less... Now personally, i kinda doubt that those 19 cigarettes cause less damage than the weed in one joint...

Of course these "calculations" are always different because some ppl rarely smoke while others smoke 2 packs a day etc etc

Personally i think that a joint once in a while causes a lot less damage than a certain amount of cigarettes each day...

Especially when you smoke like one pack of cigarettes each day...

Of course this is just how i see it... Dunno if it is scientifically correct...

'choose life, choose microwave oven...'

Anyways it doesn't matter, every man's got his own poison.

Quote[/b] ] Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

wink_o.gif

Aaaaaah trainspotting, greeeeaaaaat movie tounge_o.gif

One of the best out there if you ask me smile_o.gif

Aaaaaah trainspotting, greeeeaaaaat movie tounge_o.gif

One of the best out there if you ask me smile_o.gif

I agree, great flim!

But as an addition to theis thread, I think I am a bit tipsy for the first time ever... English people have a bad influence on me, two full shots of 41% Vodka, and one small one to flush the other two down... Oh, and that little glass og Whiksey too... To let the Vodka go down easier tounge_o.gif

It's fun though, I can tell you that! I feel relaxed... The only thing that's getting to me is the need to pee like once every hour!

Although, NO, I say NO! Drepessiing music when your'e under the influence of alchol! Happy, happy music biggrin_o.gif