Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Something Extra

This will be a small pack with 4 or 5 different unit models and 1 vehicle

Here are some pictures hope you like them wink_o.gif

USSFQuad

The golf cart looking thingy looks funny tounge_o.gif but the SF look very interesting to say the least, good job

extraction mate smile_o.gif .

Cool, some guys who look like field operatives, i've wanted some guys like those for a while, are there more variations or just those two?

Glad you didn't stop working on them, definately looks very nice

Just nitpickin: Isn't the vehicle more of an ATV because a Quad (=four) would have four wheels?!? ;)

The units look nice, seems you got a little inspired by VBS? smile_o.gif

USSFQuad

I have seen these used in the Gulf for stretcher cases by American medics.

Looking forward to it. Could you make an ATMP wink_o.gif

USSFQuad

Looking forward to it. Could you make an ATMP  wink_o.gif

@tankieboy What is an ATMP rock.gif

@kerosene there will be 3 or 4 more variants of the units wink_o.gif

reminds me of the things they used in veitnam the buggy thing i mean smile_o.gif

USSFQuad

Looking forward to it. Could you make an ATMP wink_o.gif

@tankieboy What is an ATMP rock.gif

@kerosene there will be 3 or 4 more variants of the units wink_o.gif

ATMP

Quote[/b] ]ARMY 2002 PRESS BRIEF: SUPACAT ATMP (ALL-TERRAIN MOBILE PLATFORM)

03 Jul 2002

Supacat has been in service with the British Forces since the mid-1980s. It was used in ‘Desert Storm’ and deployed by parachute to assist in UN operations for humanitarian relief; Supacat has recently been deployed in Afghanistan with the British Army’s 16 Air Assault Brigade. Supacat is currently used by the UK’s 5 Airborne, 24 Air Mobile and 16 Air Assault Brigades. A fleet has also been delivered to Canada for crisis intervention tasks. The British Army has recently received an additional 64 Supacat Mark III, with self-loading trailers, which are a key component of the Brigade’s equipment. A Far Eastern Army has also received an initial quantity of Supacat vehicles for airborne drop zone clearance deployment and has now ordered a second tranche. Further military orders are expected to follow.

Supacat is a fully automatic 6x6, airportable and amphibious ATMP vehicle with a top road speed of 64 kph and the ability to climb 45o and traverse 40 o. As a multi-role vehicle it has unrivalled all-terrain capability and can be used as a weapons platform or logistics vehicle, with a 1.6 tonne payload. Supacat can be used with its specially designed trailer to extend its payload by up to three times, without compromising its performance. Up to eight vehicles can be airlifted in a C130 transport or two fully laden vehicles with laden trailers underslung from a Chinook helicopter.

Supacat III is driven by a 1.9 litre turbo diesel engine and a revolutionary new steering system. The driver, who operates the vehicle via a control column, uses the Ackerman steering (which operates by turning the front wheels like a normal vehicle) for road operation, but can switch instantly to skid steering (which locks the wheels on one side to turn the vehicle) when extra control is needed.

Andy Bennett, the DPA’s ATMP Project Manager, said:

“It’s a real go-anywhere vehicle, which makes it unusually versatile. Its performance is markedly better than that of its in-service counterparts and its unique blend of Ackerman and skid steering systems makes it highly manoeuvrable. Its ability to be airlifted by a variety of fixed-wing or rotary-wing aircraft at short notice means it can supply essential logistic support for ground troops in a range of combat situations. Equally, it can be used in humanitarian or disaster relief operations.â€

Have you got blueprints of it or some good pictures from side, front and back rock.gif

I will make it but not before I can finnish this pack and the US Navy Seals pack I work wink_o.gif

reminds me of the things they used in veitnam the buggy thing i mean smile_o.gif

Do you mean the Mule?

Pic00032.jpg

Great job Extraction! I really like the units wearing more civilian type attire. When I was a teen, some friends and I used to play games called Aftermath and The Morrow Project. Both were pen and paper post-apocolyptic role playing games centered around human survivors trying stay fed, survive, solve problems, etc. These units remind me of how I would envision these survivors looking.

Hmmm.... post-apocolyptic campaign..... anyone think it would make for some interesting gameplay?

Its a Gator, what replace the Mech mule for utility use mainly cause the mule was gas powered, and easy to roll over.

Oddly they tried mounting a TOW on them like they did on the mechmule and it flip over.. Which kinda mistifies most troops seeing ht emule was a smaller lighter vehicle and could even handle firing the M106mm recoiless off it.

@ Sgt. Jones: lol I don't think so.

I don't think you're real familiar with the genre. Especially Twilight:2000 and Morrow Project were military themed games.