Sign in to follow this  
spec

SEAL divers released

I have released my attempt on SEAL divers, basically they are reskinned CoC combat swimmers armed with SJB's TOS weapons. I created them because I wanted SEAL's that actually could swim.  tounge_o.gif

All woodland textures are by SJB.

I'd like to thank CoC and SJB for their kind permissions to use their excellent work.

Pic1

Pic2

You can get them at ofpbase: Navy SEAL's

They require:

SJB TOS SEAL's

CoC Combat Swimmers

I believe the weapons and textures are from TOS Seals.

nice to see you around Ace combat biggrin_o.gif

Nice units and a good thought too.

The weapons from SJB? simple, they are from the seal's don't they? and they are good weapons aswell biggrin_o.gif so stop mouning and get on with donloading Ace biggrin_o.gif joking.

@CERO.

i think they are moaning for the same reason i avoided download. that 20MB for 5 (6?) units is a big excessive crazy_o.gif and then 8 megs for the weapons crazy_o.gif

philcommando can release an entire building!! a large building 20x the size of a soldier in less then half a meg... theres no excuse for that kind of size.

please jackel im not ridaculing you. just saying you need compress your textures a bit more or something.

but as far as needing them. i can understand that. you have 2 typs. the kind that can swim and the kind that are default foot soldiers smile_o.gif

Very nice indeed as a compliment to other units and i found out that the tos units had been released (beta) into the bargain.

Truely splendid work.

Parker Hale

Links to required files fixed... Guess it was a bad case of cut and paste...  wink_o.gif

Sorry about the filesize of the pictures, have changed to link to the pictures.

They go well with the ToS SEALs though, they could be an addon to the ToS Addon, rather then the ToS SEALs just being required for the divers to work??

ToSsealDiver1.jpg

My divers only uses the weapons from the TOS SEAL pack, the textures are in the diver pbo-files.

The reason that the divers still is said to require the entire TOS pack is so to avoid confusion about different version of TOS pack files. This is also what SJB requested of me when I got permission to use his work and I agree with him.

However, if somebody has a good suggestion on an alternative pack of weapons to use that would require a smaller download, I could make a version with that pack too.

i think they are moaning for the same reason i avoided download. that 20MB for 5 (6?) units is a big excessive  crazy_o.gif  and then 8 megs for the weapons crazy_o.gif

philcommando can release an entire building!! a large building 20x the size of a soldier in less then half a meg... theres no excuse for that kind of size.

please jackel im not ridaculing you. just saying you need compress your textures a bit more or something.

but as far as needing them. i can understand that. you have 2 typs. the kind that can swim and the kind that are default foot soldiers smile_o.gif

You're lucky I managed to only use one model (God bless the hiddenselections config.cpp parameter) otherwise you'd be bitching about a larger PBO size for the units. The weapons .pbo is so large because it contains A LOT of models (unless of course you'd sooner me config the suppsed M4 to use the regular M4 model...that'd cut down on the file size as I wouldn't need to include the suppressed models crazy_o.gif), even though they are binarized (which optimises and greatly reduces the filesize), they still take up a lot of space. Also, I don't compress my .PBO files as it takes OFP longer to load/pre-cache them upon starting the game.