Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

our SS will be in phase 1 along with Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe ground troops. We are also going to include units from the demo (Falschirmjaegers, Willys Jeep, M3 Halftrack, 82nd AB troops) that wouldnt have been involved in the fighting at Oosterbeek as a bonus.

Oh, waiting with excitement! I feel I just cant do anything till getting the nice stuff of Invasion 44... smile_o.gif

@ April 01 2006,22:25)]@JdB

Sorry, missed that.

Non suprising you couldn't find it between all of the "when is it going to be released" posts wink_o.gif

Now let's focus all of our positive energy on Marcel, who is fixing the site (and of course all the others too) notworthy.gif (used as there is no meditation smiley available)

Those units of the pack about to released by I44 look great biggrin_o.gif. I was one of the few ones able to test it before released biggrin_o.gif. It will be so great when it is released smile_o.gif and if you want to know how Winters ? One of the I44 members is a proud member of my clan and I was beta tester for him. He build Arnhem biggrin_o.gif, and I was his dutch advisor biggrin_o.gif ( pm me if you got some questions about it Winters). Anyway, it will be worth the waiting,really!!! it is worth it. If you go to Marfy's site you will see how great those armored vehicles are looking. I think I44 is one of the most skillfull mods at the moment togheter with finmod.

Greetz

Rotten

anybody going to make a cti with these units?

talking of that what happened to ww2cti the site has disapeared. anybody know?

@Punishment

Check your PM mate.

Their site dont work and they are taking ages to make a mod which which fdf made in half the time their taking!!

Their site dont work and they are taking ages to make a mod which which fdf made in half the time their taking!!

So they made a mod in under 1,5 years? How good for them. If you like it so much go play FDF mod and post in their thread instead of this thread and stop whining icon_rolleyes.gif

(No offense to FDF ofcourse)

I can forsee the "you've been working on it for 5 years"-myth being brought up again.

Normandy is not Holland (5 years ago), Sicily is not Holland (3 years ago), Holland is Holland (1,5 years ago).

Don't like it? Then don't play it or even talk about it!

Sorry for all the Inv 44 members having a real life. Of course everyone should be working day and night to make addons for ungratefull, whining children sad_o.gif

So typical that 90% of the whiners have never made an addon in their life, with the excuse that "I can't do it" or "I don't have time for it". So someone else should make time for it when all these "fans" can't be arsed, in the ever present "logic" of this community icon_rolleyes.gif

I can forsee the "you've been working on it for 5 years"-myth being brought up again.

Normandy is not Holland (4 years ago), Sicily is not Holland (3 years ago), Holland is Holland (1,5 years ago).

Don't like it? Then don't play it or even talk about it!

Sorry for all the Inv 44 members having a real life. Of course everyone should be working day and night to make addons for ungratefull, whining children sad_o.gif

So typical that 90% of the whiners have never made an addon in their life, with the excuse that "I can't do it" or "I don't have time for it". So someone else should make time for it when all these "fans" can't be arsed, in the ever present "logic" of this community icon_rolleyes.gif

Well said. . .

Oh my! you poor addonmaker!

If you dont want to hear the question "when is it done?" don't show updates, or even announce your mod is active, remain underground untill you're done.

Wait, you can't do that? what was that? you want attention? then live with the fact people want your addons and ask when the're going to be released.

I'm not saying I get tired of all the people asking, 'When is it done?' I'm getting tired of people whining about the incorrect development timeframe

Oh my! you poor addonmaker!

If you dont want to hear the question "when is it done?" don't show updates, or even announce your mod is active, remain underground untill you're done.

Wait, you can't do that? what was that? you want attention? then live with the fact people want your addons and ask when the're going to be released.

Don't flame bait.

FDF has had the luxury of getting together a group of guys who actually work on what they said they will work on. If we had been so fortunate I44 would have been released long ago. We are few but we are trying our best, if thats not good enough then i am sorry there is nothing i can do for you. Nothing would please me more than to come online and say "It's done, here it is, enjoy".

Until then i will continue to give updates, answer questions, take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism under advisement and ignore flame baiting. pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

Well he has a point why post info about your mod of you dont want people to take an interest. And its a reasonable question "when can we play it?"

FDF anounced they stoped making the ww2 mod then they released it so it surprised everyone and nobody was hustling them because what they were working on did not exist.

i cant understand why everyone keeps on comparing INV44 to FDFww2 mod,i mean its a great mod but why always say "they took this long n your taking longer"..shit give the guys a break there is 5 of them compared to atleast 20..i mean five guys doing it all.not set people doing missions,units,scripting.

n also having guys come n go as they please taking what they make with them crazy_o.gif look at VTE mod crazy_o.gif

all i can say WINTERS keep up the good work n cant wait for the release it will be worth it.

Well he has a point why post info about your mod of you dont want people to take an interest. And its a reasonable question "when can we play it?"

FDF anounced they stoped making the ww2 mod then they released it so it surprised everyone and nobody was hustling them because what they were working on did not exist.

As said before by Marss911:

Quote[/b] ]I'm not saying I get tired of all the people asking, 'When is it done?' I'm getting tired of people whining about the incorrect development timeframe.

You can ask "When will it be released" (in whatever form) every minute of the day for weeks, but all you will get is "When it is done".

Look at the ArmA date. BIS gave people an estimate, rumours pop up that they will not be able to meet the deadline, and people start whining even more. If they give you a deadline they get whining people as a "thank you", and if they don't state a deadline they will as well. So why even bother? (one of the many reasons a large part of the team excelled in being inactive, it's just not worth it)

Are people so ignorant that they believe that they will get a date when countless others have only gotten the standard "When it's done" sad_o.gif

Say that they stopped the mod? Well now that is a good way to get alot of flaming and whining on forums and e-mails.

Mods can never do the right thing because there will always be loads of people whining, flaming and bitching. Even BIS has had this problem over the last few months. Wine improves with time, this community doesn't. Does anyone remember this kind of whining when people just started retexturing standard BIS models?

I certainly don't.

The problem here is why bother with the comparison and complaining?

FDF mod did a clever thing which no one really expected, therefore it was very effective when they resurfaced suddenly with a finished WWII expansion to their mod.

I am not sure how well it would work if Inv44 tried to do the same, instead they are still sticking around, posting their progress screens for YOU, and trying to answer all the questions possible regarding the mod.

They are far along as it is with the amount of active members they currently have. I don't even know what more to write, I am just surprised to see this sort of behavior this late.

It will be done when it is finished. The website is down due to Inv44 moving it and I am sure it won't be long before that is all set up.

I feel a bit out of place saying all of this but I do think there should be a little more patience and understanding when it comes to this or any mod and their release.

A release date will not come, and for the better. I'd rather be surprised with that than having to see yet another curse.

FDF mod did a clever thing which no one really expected, therefore it was very effective when they resurfaced suddenly with a finished WWII expansion to their mod.

I am not sure how well it would work if Inv44 tried to do the same

Like any great ambush tactic, once you've seen it once you will keep it in mind for future engagements (unless everyone is KIA of course, but lets assume not tounge2.gif ).

April Fools jokes are also only funny once, copying them the next year and changing one small detail doesn't work either.

Unless someone were to conclude that the Inv 44 tactic is to pretend to be low on active members and available time, in which case they'd be wrong band.gif

Since Inv 44 is considered as just about the only "evil mod that won't state a releasedate", I have been looking at threads from other well known mods:

Quote[/b] ]i wont post a release date

Several mods, that only mentions rough estimates such as calling projects "long term" in a similar way that Inv 44 has done.

and quite alot of BAS threads (most of them locked).

For further reference, please read this thread.

Maybe stop acknowledging it all the time. It's very BAS'ish.

INV44 is just as guilty at taking their topics offtopic as the guy who starts the flames or asks a release date.

As Winters said...ignore the flamebaiting. Makes sense.

What's the latest version of the inv 1944 demo?

I don't think it has anything to do with beeing fortunate like FDF. You shouldnt be comparing FDF to I44. and vice versa!! Both different mods, both different peeps. Just be patient smile_o.gif

You can ask "When will it be released" (in whatever form) every minute of the day for weeks, but all you will get is "When it is done".

Look at the ArmA date. BIS gave people an estimate, rumours pop up that they will not be able to meet the deadline, and people start whining even more. If they give you a deadline they get whining people as a "thank you", and if they don't state a deadline they will as well. So why even bother? (one of the many reasons a large part of the team excelled in being inactive, it's just not worth it)

Does the fact this happens to regularly not show that the general way this stuff is handled it wrong?

The whole "When's the release date!11" clusterf'k of conversation, the "the mod must be dead!11" mis-conception, among other things, are all down to one thing :

People are nosey, and like to know what's going on. When people don't know whats going on, people start thinking what could have happened. When people start thinking like that, a chinese-whisper-style conversation starts, only, because there was no whisper at the start, the end result is a mess..

All that can be stopped quite simply.. How?

Instead of whispering into an ear at the start of the game, you make a big (Metaphorical) billboard with all the information..

That stops any mis-information, and allows people to draw their own conclusions on when the mod is released

What the hell did I just say?

Mods need to open up more, and inform their fans, after all, without the fans, (I'm assuming, well, hoping, that their fans is a big reason they are making this mod..), the mod wouldn't exist, or if it did, it would be very pointless..

Let you fans know whats going on (Not every last thing that happens, just enough for them to know the mod isn't dead)

A good example of this is The Multitheft Auto developers blog

I really don't see why a mod can't do this, other than them wanting to shiney up their ego by keeping all secret-y, but thats helping no one..

Sorry for the slightly-off-topic post, but I felt it was important to say.. If people would take in even half what I said, or proposed, I think it would totaly stop the whole stupid ongoing "release date" rant, and would (in some cases) allow mods to ask for help from a wider group of people.. If they have a problem with something (Getting a script to work, say), they could post roughtly what the problem is, and people who could help could email/comment/post ideas on fixing it.. Surely this helps many things, the mod get helped, a, by not having to answer "WHENS THE RELEAASE DATE!!111" flame-threads, B, by getting help and suggestions, and C, it helps the community stick up to it's name..

If you think thats a bad thing, you need to rethink..

- Ben

Ah, God, so many guys just cant wait for the nice stuff from Invasion 44... Believe me, guys, just have a little more patience and such waiting is worthy. In addition, please dont compare FDF with Invasion 44. Both of them are very nice. Although the demo addon of Invasion44 was just released years ago, the quality is still nice comparing to some latest OFP addons.

I know it's offtopic but anyway I didn't start this.

1. A lot of the work that's being done on addons just isn't that spectacular/interesting. In addon-making only 40% of the whole workload is connected to things you can visibly notice. Means stuff you could make nice screens off and give to the fans. The rest is mostly boring and tedious config, script, LOD (Geo,Firegeo..) making and bug-fixing

If you'd continuely report about that most fans would probably soon get bored.

Furthermore it would mean more work for the addon-makers because they'd have to continuely evaluate the current state of their addon and report it to the public.

It's not the addon-makers that have to change but the users. Making addons myself helped me to understand how timetaking, difficult and somtimes frustrating it can be. Many addon-users lack this comprehension. Moreover the ofp community is totally spoiled by addons, with new stuff released nearly daily. I have the impression that this sometimes contributes to the impatient behaviour of some users.

2. The cooperation between different mod/addonauthors is already pretty good. For example you see a lot of authors discussing problems on the editing-section of this forum or at ofpec.

...users. Making addons myself helped me to understand how timetaking, difficult and somtimes frustrating it can be...

Fully agree with your view, man. Yeah, it's really a hard work to make an addon, not in mention of a whole MOD...