Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

JASDF Aircraft

The F-15C and the F-16C I believe both can do that with just internal fuel, cannon ammo, and two sidewinders.

-Afterburner too powerful: Aircraft can climb vertical without losing speed.

Some Fighters  can do that IRL too smile_o.gif Thats called positive thrust to weight ratio. Its when the engine(s) Produce more pounds of thrust then the aircraft weighs.

Altho I know an empty F/A-18 and a lightly armed SU-27 can do that, I hardly think a fully armed and fueled F2 has a thrust-to power ratio of over 1

Anyway I'd like to apologize for the following off-topic, but I feel it's important to make a statement:

I think there should be a scale-shift when it comes to fighters in OFP. A fighter's maximum speed in OFP should be about 0.6 of what it is in real life: If a fighter's maximum speed is the speed of sound ~700kts then it should be ~700kph in the game. I'm against using absolute values with fighters, simply because of the size of the islands and viewdistances.

Also, short-range air-to-air missiles should have the same speed as with these fighters, and thus would take longer for it to reach the target. This has the following effects:

-The missile has more time to correct its flight and track the target, thus creating a more realistic envelope. The missile will track best when fired at 0 degrees angle-off-target (directly behind) and will be most likely to miss when fired at 135 degrees AOT (front&side).

-The aircraft being fired upon actually has time for evasive actions (provided it has RWR or the pilot has detected the launch)

-Long-range radar-guided and short-range Heat-seeking missiles can differ from each other. Until now, It hasn't mattered if you used a Sparrow or a Sidewinder. They've both reached the target even though it may be out of visual range.

With the introduction of these aircraft the target actually has to be in visual range, otherwise it will take too long for a Sidewinder to reach it and it will run out of fuel.

hi

JASDF Addons was upgraded.

- unit pack was created.

- CBU-87 are added to arms and armaments.

- Eject is added to an action menu.

- Missile disturbance equipment is added to F-2.

- bug fix

Cautions: ClassName is changed.

Download

enjoy

hi

enjoy

Dômô arigatô gozaimasu! emo-08.gif

Does the JASDF_men.pbo file replace your previous RZNfpilot.pbo file? rock.gif

Having just checked Rezin's pilot addon Readme and the new JASDF pack's Readme, it would appear that the pilots are not exactly the same, as Rezin includes non-JASDF pilots.

I take it the two addons don't clash.

sounds good Rezin, will DL tonight. Keep it up with these great addons. As you can now see japanese addons are also apreciated outside japan wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif OMG!! Have you tried out ejecting already?

Not only will you be injected with ejection seat (like on the Falklands mod Harrier), but the canopy will also be 'ejected';

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ash.jpg

After being shot down in my F1 by a DKM Tunguska I ejected. In front on me is the planes canopy (!). A little further away you can see the ejection seat and on the horizon the wreck of my plane can be seen. Amazing work!

Yes, very impressive overall.  However, the CBU-87 cluster bomb is extremely weak.  It is a nice eye candy feature, but needs significant improvements.  It also cannot be used by the AI or lock on to a specific unit for targeting.

If you need help on the cluster bombs, I suggest you enlist help from Hudson or pennywise. Maybe ask the CoC team as well.

I'll have a full review of this addon posted soon at my site, probably by early next week.

The F/A-18 addon's CBU's are extremely effective. Probably too much so. One of them in the right place could wipe out an entire armored battalion.

The problem isn't their effectiveness, its the number of cluster munitions used. Might need to slightly reduce the number of cluster bombs, but overall its just about right.

Sorry to say, but no it would not wipe out a battalion's worth of armor and mech infantry.  Unless the units mass in a huge tight group begging for a cluster bomb attack, it's highly unlikely you will destroy any more than two tank platoon's worth or maybe at most 12 to 13 APC's/IFV's.

That's why most armor and mech forces combat doctrine has fighting units spread out over long areas to prevent massive losses in case of an artillery barrage or an enemy Airstrike.

For an accurate, high altitude drop.  The effectiveness of Hudson/Pennywise's CBU-87 is fairly close to RL specs as OFP can get.

The Mk20's and the CBU-87's were designed to be nasty and effective against enemy armored units.  Why do you think the U.S. easily won the ground war of the first Gulf War?  It was because of these effective anti-armor cluster munitions weapons that anniliated enemy armored units with ease.

I understand the effectiveness of cluster munitions. But that effectiveness is not to scale for OFP. It's sort of an uber wepon for this game.

I understand the effectiveness of cluster munitions. But that effectiveness is not to scale for OFP. It's sort of an uber weapon for this game.

Not I specifically mentioned the RAD F/A-18 addon. Footmunch's isn't quite as unbalancing.

doublepost rock.gif

The clusterbombs are designed for taking out infantry and UNarmored units. Tanks are only destroyed if one lucky bomb hit's the engine compartment. They are mainly a psy-weapon when used against armor.

The AI indeed can't use any of the bombs in this addon. That's a real shame. I remember DKM's Bronco addon, with which the AI was perfectly capable of bombing your ass back into the stoneage. More than ones I cursed DKM for making such a great addon tounge_o.gif

doublepost  rock.gif

The clusterbombs are designed for taking out infantry and UNarmored units. Tanks are only destroyed if one lucky bomb hit's the engine compartment. They are mainly a psy-weapon when used against armor.

Some are, some aren't. Mk-20's are designed _especially_ for

tanks, with submunitions that have shaped charges and so

on. The CBU-87 is a Combined Effect Munition, with each

bomblet having explosive and shrapnel components. The

CBU-97 has 'smart' submunitions that hang on a parachute

until a big bit of metal passes underneath. The bomblet then

'fires' at the tank/apc.

Ahhh stop the praises!!! Or BIA well nab him! There close! tounge_o.gif

All your texturers are belong to us  biggrin_o.gif

not if we make the models in max or maya, texture the models with photoshop, and dont put the models anywere close to bulldozer o2 or such alike tounge_o.gif

nice planes thou smile_o.gif

hi all.

I found this addons at ofp.gamezone.cz. so ,I put them in my mission with some kind of jet planes. http://www.ofpec.com/missions/mission_detail.php?ID=948

It almost complete to making . but it still have a probrem.

It shows error messege after started mission. this way.

Cannot load mission, missing addons: jasdf_w

A jasdf_w means  JASDF Aircraft weapons package. But all of them seems like working normally .

Did someone get same plobrem?

make sure I got latest  Addons Pack that issued at 2004/09/20 from JASDF project web site.

hi

- unit pack was created.

- CBU-87 are added to arms and armaments.

- Eject is added to an action menu.

- Missile disturbance equipment is added to F-2.

- bug fix

Cautions: ClassName is changed.

Download

enjoy

No Novellus, but why don't you DL th latest packs (they were updated) from the link above? This should fix your problems.

any new information about the Mi-24V

site is down, and i have no connection to the asian area.

I got these a few days ago and have done nothing except streak around pretending I'm in the Japanese version of Top Gun biggrin_o.gif

These jets feel perfect. The guns feel right, the missiles feel right, the bombs feel right despite the dumb ones having no provision to lock on (but good judgement and practice will help), they handle perfectly, and they can really mess your day up if they catch you on the prowl in a Flogger.

Hats off to all concerned!

DKM Tunguska isn't a great measure of an effective air defense realistically in OFP.  Effective and brutal to most Western or Resistance aircraft yes, but the missiles just move too damn fast for my realism tastes.   Even those missiles on the Tunguska have to gain velocity and must fight gravity and wind resistance when they go after their target.   That takes time and that time allows pilots to evade..

The values are a balance between RL values and OFP values. When we tried the ADATS with true RL values we were critised, when we do other addons to OFP values we are critised. Can't win really.

The Tunguska is powerful, yes, but that is because some addon makers insisted on making jets which would otherwise be untouchable. Again, balance comes into play.

We can't alter the values to balance every jet which is released. wink_o.gif

The F-15C and the F-16C I believe both can do that with just internal fuel, cannon ammo, and two sidewinders.

An F-15 can go from take off straight up and gain speed while fully fueled and armed. I've seen it done in Iwakuni Japan during an airshow. I didn't believe so I talked to the pilot and ground and sure as shit. It is one of only two jets in the world that can do that....the other is the new SU-36 that is being developed by the Russians.