Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR Addons

@laser, i see you're making an M240G. The lowlands warrior mod had an excellent MAG/GPMG(basically same weapon). With a very cool AI-5roundburst mag. Which will have the AI shoot 5 round bursts in a realistic manner. Also the tracers and dispersion was very well done. Maybe you got ask them how they did it and if you could use their addon to fix yours.

(Or you know already how it's done)

Maybe you're already very far with your M240G(since it being almost the end of the month september), but i hope you can implement some of my suggestions.

OK, people. It's time to update the situation.

The M14 SOPMOD model has been redone almost from scratch, thanks to everyone who has helped me with it in any way possible. Also, M240B model has been somewhat updated and LODs were added to MP5s.

BTW, i have considered making "AI burst mode" for machine guns... but that would cause problems with JAMed versions of the weapons. I have also considered making several firing modes to simulate different rates of fire for M249 and M240, but then again, JAMed guns got screwed.

Basically, all the packs are 99% complete and are due to be finished next week (mostly CPP work), but i'm not sure how long would it take to upload them on the net with my crappy connection.

Excellent news Laser. Looking forward to see these guys running around in my virtual sandbox. biggrin_o.gif

Who cares about JAM these days? It's caused as many problems as it's solved. I'd much prefer non-JAM guns that actually work how they're supposed too!

JAM never gave me any trouble i like it. Its a great way to have joint ammo in MP games too.

JAM never gave me any trouble i like it. Its a great way to have joint ammo in MP games too.

Ditto. Never had a problem with the latest JAM release.

Yeah, but the Joint ammo should have meant different thing. The probmlem is (great examble) ex. UKF SA-80 and BAS M4A1. Yes, they use same bullet in real-life, but they don't sound the same, and they don't use same clips. The way JAM should've been done is this: One compained clip for all M4A1 addons with a name of the clip as "M4A1" and not the bullet type.

I have been thinking of making myself a new type of JAM, but I don't think it would get any success as standaritation, 'cause I'm only a lone fighter and almighty BAS have already made wrong kind system that is in use. No offend to you BAS, you did great work, but little wrongess can be seen here.

BAS died a few months ago - how about a new concept?

Just because they are dead doesnt means the concepts obsolete rock.gif

I agree with Acecombat, but more importantly if you have the ability to bitch about JAM being an old concept, then surely you must have some new concept that is worth talking about.

If you do then please share it. If not, i suggest you keep sitting on the sidelines where opinions from those who have nothing to offer (other than a bad attitude) matter the most.

Have you got a mild personality disorder, Silent Pro? What proof do you have of a bad attitude?

Snypa said he had a new idea, so why shouldn't he share it? My post asked him to.

Maybe i misunderstood you, but your last post seemed to come across as one which commonly has the convenient position of tossing something aside without providing anything useful to take it's place.

You ask for people to bring in new concepts yet you have nothing to offer yourself? Isn't that kind of like making everyone do the work for you?

Not really. I asked snypa if he thought it was time to get his idea out. I'm not an add-on maker or anything like that. But discussion aids ideas, so perhaps I can help in that way.

Let's see what snypa has to say...

Quote[/b] ]The probmlem is (great examble) ex. UKF SA-80 and BAS M4A1. Yes, they use same bullet in real-life, but they don't sound the same, and they don't use same clips.

IIRC both SA80 and M4A1 uses STANAG compatible magazines, ie they can use the the same type due to NATO standardization.

Coding it by caliber and burst/auto/singel etc, as done in JAM, is a good way of not having to release a new version of JAM every time someone does a new weapon they didn't think of in the code, ie didn't include its name on the magazines. Just having the caliber and the firemodes is a way to go around that and the fact that the magazines themselfs in OFP deceids the weapons firemodes, not the weapon. Even if it by limits of OFP gives you the same sound for a SA-80 as for a M4A1.

We are straying away from the topic here though.

Good enuff for me Flogger. I'm sorry about jumping on your back like that, its only too often that the kind of behavior i described is displayed here at these forums.

Im all for open discussions and im glad to know that it's being encouraged. I for one felt JAM had great potential but because of the lack of unity eveeryones been speaking of, it never took off.

Perhaps snypa can share exactly what he means in terms of the applications to the actual config file.

On JAM;

The idea was that you can swap magazines between weapons. SO you pick up ammo from a soldiers not using the same weapon as you do, but who is using the same magazines.

The drawback is the engine, which severely limits JAM's idea;

-the firing function of the mag and weapon must match (full-auto, burst, single ect). This means you can't swap between m16 and M4, because M4 is full-auto and M16 has bursts.

-The sound is defined in the magazine, not the weapon. So every weapon using the same mag, will also sound the same.

In OFP2 BIS should change both things. There not that diffecult to change, I think. If sound and firing options are defined in the weapon only, the mag will be completely independant. That way a new JAM would be perfect; you can swap magazines between all weapon using the same ammo.

On topic;

Have you changed the ammobag on the M240. In the screenshot it had an M249 ammobox glued to the gun. Not only is this the wrong calibre (5.56 instead of 7.62), but it also completley impossible to attach this box to the side of the weapon.

The correct ammo-box for US forces would be a soft ammobox for 50 rounds. The NAFP M240 has the correc ammo-box. Check the NAFP topic for pictures of it.

OK, people, we're all set. I mean, the files went to server, and as soon as guys at Flashpoint.ru get it all together, the Rangers and weapons should be online.

@Cpt. Frostbite:

Well... the guns are already there... with the wrong ammobox (sigh). Hope you won't kick me too badly for this... I'm gonna change it at the first opportunity.

yesss!!!!!!! thank goodness just in time to go round in the Combat! Humvee's doing relief missions on tonal!

someone please make a mission on tonal using Combat Humvees and these guys with Rebels and no other addons!!!! thank you thank you

yesss!!!!!!! thank goodness just in time to go round in the Combat! Humvee's doing relief missions on tonal!

someone please make a mission on tonal using Combat Humvees and these guys with Rebels and no other addons!!!! thank you thank you

Make it a coop please. smile_o.gif