Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

OFP-MANIAC-MAP-Locator

(PS: hope it's ok der bastler and Albert Schweizer, that I've done this? Just thought I'd promote the idea a little bit biggrin_o.gif )

Hey, I promote it, too (but without banner, my signature would get bigger than most of my posts biggrin_o.gif).

Anyway, feel free to create banners. The more the better...

Perhaps another one with a globe pinned down? biggrin_o.gif

Great, but I have a small complain:

Check the map. Light on the map lights the mountains from left and shades the mountains from right.

Then it means that the light source is left of the map.

Then why the pointers drop shadow on the left instead of dropping the shadow to the right? :]

Great, but I have a small complain:

Check the map. Light on the map lights the mountains from left and shades the mountains from right.

Then it means that the light source is left of the map.

Then why the pointers drop shadow on the left instead of dropping the shadow to the right? :]

The map symbolises a real map people have on the walls.. The shadows are printed on the map. The pins are objects and in this case the the light source is on the right side.

I just threw a little banner toghether for the Locator. Standard 468x60 size. I made it in 2 minutes, so don't complain if you think it sucks...  smile_o.gif (if anyone wanna make a better one, please do).

I have put it in rotation on my site, and anyone else who wanna do that; go right ahead and put it on your site.

(PS: hope it's ok der bastler and  Albert Schweizer, that I've done this? Just thought I'd promote the idea a little bit  biggrin_o.gif )

Here it is:

locator.jpg

If you would put "bastlers map locator" into the banner then I would put it into my sig, otherwise I would feel stupid! smile_o.gif

i hail from scotland mate from a place called greenock thats not to far away from glasgow

i just noticed that there are absolutly no people from asia on the map lol

There is a strong asian community and there are some mods out there as well... guess they just dont hang around in our EXCELLENT SUPERIOR FORUM smile_o.gif

well i can tell you kenji/aj_addons lives in yokohama he just moved there all of a mounth ago so thats atleast one pin

There is a strong asian community and there are some mods out there as well... guess they just dont hang around in our EXCELLENT SUPERIOR FORUM  smile_o.gif

What about me ignoring again tounge_o.gif

Riyadh , Saudi Arabia.

Its in Asia btw ghostface.gif

There is a strong asian community and there are some mods out there as well... guess they just dont hang around in our EXCELLENT SUPERIOR FORUM  smile_o.gif

What about me ignoring again  tounge_o.gif

Riyadh , Saudi Arabia.

Its in Asia btw  ghostface.gif

isnt that the middle east ace i thought asia started at india pakistan?

What about me ignoring again  tounge_o.gif

Riyadh , Saudi Arabia.

Its in Asia btw  ghostface.gif

isnt that the middle east ace i thought asia started at india pakistan?

And the Middle East isnt a continent in itself rock.gif , its simply a name given to this region otherwise were still in Asia.

well if you look at the map it says afirca middile east but i understand what your saying its just ive never heard anyone ever say saudi arbia is in asia before

I would say Saudi was in Africa wink_o.gif But Asia crazy_o.gif I would think asia started in Tipit

if you realy talk about continents then Saudi Arabia is in EURASIA. I dont get how you see Asia as a continent. On my map they havent split up yet

LocationEurasia.png

you people see continent???!!  crazy_o.gif

the Suez is the rip-zone between africa and eurasia. But since there is no cut (only an artifical channel) it would actually more precise to talk about Africa-eurasia.

However to divide europe and asia was once only done due to cultural differences, fact is eurasia is geographically the only logical definition

Albert in a situation like that. Just play god

Newworld.jpg

New World wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

lol i wish i could do that to scotland and england biggrin_o.gif

Batdog, biggrin_o.gif I may assume the russians wont be too happy about that. I think you just cut several oil pipelines, You redirected naval streams, you confused some whales, split some villages and century old trade routes. This must have been one hell of an earth quake

Plz add me on the map.

Trondheim, Norway  smile_o.gif

Good to be home  biggrin_o.gif

PS: Would be easier to see if the white on the pin was removed. As SpeedyDonkey showed on page 5.