Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

OFP-MANIAC-MAP-Locator

* update done

Sanctuary: As long as I don't know your town you'll live in France. biggrin_o.gif

I could guess... Nîmes?

Hmm...I ´m ignored biggrin_o.gif

Put me on the moon biggrin_o.gif

I guess that´s where some people want to put me here anyway blues.gif

Hmm...I ´m ignored biggrin_o.gif

Put me on the moon biggrin_o.gif

I guess that´s where some people want to put me here anyway blues.gif

Landshut, alright, pin-pointed. But I can do a moon map, if you like... wink_o.gif

hardrock: Thanks, fixed that typo. Not easy to track down (what does he mean?)...

How the hell is it possible that they even know stuff about the village that i live in... rock.gif

Impressive...

I can understand that they know what/where Leuven is... but the village that i live in tounge_o.gif that's some freaky shit tounge_o.gif

I know! If I go to leuven and some people ask me where I live they don't even know where it is! biggrin_o.gif

Internet is scary. smile_o.gif

One more for the western-most end of Europe! Oh, and make sure mine is more western than Bonko's... see the map for the difference...

Cascaisgeosapo.jpg

Cascais, Portugal is the largest town closest to Cabo da Roca, westernmost point of Europe. wink_o.gif

Sanctuary: As long as I don't know your town you'll live in France. biggrin_o.gif

I could guess... Nîmes?

Not Nimes (in fact by road i have to spend 2 hours to go to Nimes) , but some unknown secret town of isolated people that know nothing about the external world wink_o.gif in the departement of Herault .

No need to change your pinpointing, it already +/- is in the area , that's a good job

Done.

We need more Maniacs in America (North/Central/South), Africa, Asia...

Dont forget Australia. Only 4 people there. Come on Aussie. Post. We need to know where we stand for our invasion of Tasmania tounge_o.gif

Done.

We need more Maniacs in America (North/Central/South), Africa, Asia...

Chicago, IL here. Or if you want to get really exact and place my city on the south side of the border of Chicago: Hometown

So half the map doesn't have to be covered up by white space on the pin icon, may I suggest using these I redid? (White space removed and replaced with alpha channel, shadow made half opaque.)

pinblue.gif

pinred.gif

pingreen.gif

pinyellow.gif

I'll gladly make any assortment of colors if you need.

So half the map doesn't have to be covered up by white space on the pin icon, may I suggest using these I redid? (White space removed and replaced with alpha channel, shadow made half opaque.)

How many times do I have to repeat this? There is no white space, that's because the Internet Explorer is not able to render PNGs correctly. Just try Firefox or any other Browser of your choice --and the white spaces are gone...

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

How many times do I have to repeat this? There is no white space, that's because the Internet Explorer is not able to render PNGs correctly. Just try Firefox or any other Browser of your choice --and the white spaces are gone...

Why do I see white spots everywhere... is that realy necessary, Bastler?

(Albert runs out hiding in the forest)  tounge_o.gif

(who the hell uses firefox?) rock.gif

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

On the one day a week I can really browse the forums, I don't feel like reading through 18 pages tounge_o.gif

Just use .gif and make us I.E. people happy biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I'll try this "Firefox" you heathens use wink_o.gif

I think Harnus pins look even better tho,and why not give IE users pleasure of non-winter-surrounded-pins rock.gif ?

I just threw a little banner toghether for the Locator. Standard 468x60 size. I made it in 2 minutes, so don't complain if you think it sucks... smile_o.gif (if anyone wanna make a better one, please do).

I have put it in rotation on my site, and anyone else who wanna do that; go right ahead and put it on your site.

(PS: hope it's ok der bastler and Albert Schweizer, that I've done this? Just thought I'd promote the idea a little bit biggrin_o.gif )

Here it is:

locator.jpg

"Where in the world do all the Operation Flashpoint fanatics live?"

("do", not "does")

And why only Europe in there? Huh? HUH!? tounge_o.gif

And you got lucky Bastler, if Firefox wasn't so easy to install and almost the same as IE to use, I'd have a lot to complain about right now  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I do now. Firefox keeps crashing and loads images slower. But that's a seperate issue so I'll bug you about it somewhere else tounge_o.gif

On the one day a week I can really browse the forums, I don't feel like reading through 18 pages tounge_o.gif

Sorry, wasn't meant to sound rude.

Quote[/b] ]Just use .gif and make us I.E. people happy biggrin_o.gif

Problem: They look more ugly (only one bit for alpha --opague or not).

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, I'll try this "Firefox" you heathens use wink_o.gif

That was the first thing I installed at work (NT/XP). But use the zip version. Just unzip to a directory of your choice, drag the exe onto your desktop and that's it. I don't trust installers ([rant]they are like unknown party guests smashing your living room...eh registry[/rant]).

Perhaps I create an IE compatibility option using gifs... biggrin_o.gif