Sign in to follow this  
spring-R

Flashpoint 2 music?

Getting hanz zimmer....while GOD that would be awesome, would almost be impossible.

DONT DO LISENCED MUSIC! Thats what makes this game seperate then the other games...Its not conventional popular bullshit. It is its own shining gem on its own silver pedestal. It doesnt need anything like that.

Seventh, IMO, I thought was awesome. They are almost a tradition in OFP culture now! Original and never heard of em, but everyone has musical tastes. Hell! Im a raver crazy_o.gif but techno NEVER works for anything like OFP. mad_o.gif

For sure get some really nice instrumental stuff. Like saving private ryan - the music can add a lot of depth. So get some pianos and loooooooooow subbasses. Some booming kicks and all that and make some really omnious shit, please!

Getting hanz zimmer....while GOD that would be awesome, would almost be impossible.

DONT DO LISENCED MUSIC!

Yeah.....Better Seventh than NFSUnderground`s soundtrack...

And Hans would do the job.

Even something similar to BHD (the movie) soundtrack...

Some music like in Red Alert 2 would be cool. Especially when you're driving through the Iraqi desert with your Abrams, with other tanks left and right.

Get in Enigma wink_o.gif

Seventh are good but somehow there songs werent in sync with Resistance ...

I think the mix that came with OFP and Resistance was 'on the spot', yet to find another game with better music. Defiantly Seventh again for OFP2, and more of that music that came with CWC that wasn't from Seveth was good too (like the Walk one, and armour, etc). Maybe some more classical stuff (i guess it would be),lke the orchestra song, but more along the lines of that Red Octobr tune in FDF Mod.

More of the same i guess that is.

do you people remember the metal band from OFP?

they're called Seventh www.seventh.com.au

Well who wouldnt.. He is the director of Bohemia Interactive Australia..

I myself would prefer Harry Gregson-Williams (Spy Game, Peacemaker, Metal Gear Solid 2/3) or maybe Bill Brown (www.billbrownmusic.com). Bill Brown does music for most Tom Clancy games.

Hans Zimmer for my account smile_o.gif

Bill and Harry are good too biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

Joe

Hans Zimmer for my account smile_o.gif

Bill and Harry are good too biggrin_o.gif

Cheers

Joe

Mr. Zimmer has for unexplained reasons dumped all his projects onto Mr. Gregson-Williams... (They work together you know)

I thik that it woild be cool with som kind of Classic music

like a March och sometning...

Music like Nigthwish och someting gothic, that captures tme atmosphere in a all-out assault or a heavy firefigth

just watched Full Metal Jacket again last weekend and heard "surfin' bird". it was awesome!! happy rock'n'roll is just what war movies/games need!

btw nestor music spoils the combat and IMO is only meant for cutscenes and transportation. like you're in a jeep going to a base to meet an officer or something on a sunny day biggrin_o.gif

just watched Full Metal Jacket again last weekend and heard "surfin' bird". it was awesome!! happy rock'n'roll is just what war movies/games need!

btw nestor music spoils the combat and IMO is only meant for cutscenes and transportation. like you're in a jeep going to a base to meet an officer or something on a sunny day biggrin_o.gif

yeah

The BF vietnams soundtrack is great because of pieces like "Wild thing", "War", "Hush" and others ....

I think the oldies but goldies would be great...for ex:

KISS, Deep purple, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Led Zeplin, Elvis(?rock.gif).

Offcourse the new ones, lets say...the more modern ones are great too.

There`s probably financial question.

Some of the "Carmageddon" had the Iron maiden`s soundtrack.

I also think that your own playlist and the "mp3" folder in game is a must:)

Music like Nigthwish or someting, that captures the atmosphere in all assaults or a heavy firefight!

agreed! nightwish has something!

i think there should be a bit of both, a bit of gothic, a bit of whatever seventh was making... you know! tounge_o.gif

The worst thing that could happen is if BIS decided to use some hit songs in the soundtrack..  Those suites arcade games better.

I prefer soundtracks that are like movie soundtracks. Sure, some movies does great with normal songs like trainspotting but OFP would as a movie be quite epic and the soundtrack would be that too.

As Jahve already suggested Bill Brown would be a perfect choise.

I liked the radio station in the original Vietcong very much. During a break from mission to mission I stayed like 20 min in the room just to hear some music and to listen to some frontline reports.

The whole idea of having a room with personal belongings was really appealing to me. Not only did the radio contribute to that effort but the pictured diary and the different fact sheets did it as well. This details highly contribute to a game's atmosphere but are surely demanding in terms of realizing them the right way.

Maybe another idea for OFP2? smile_o.gif

Personally, I tend to war noise and radio traffic during a mission than ambient background music. While the latter is a method to build up emotions, I am sure this can be accomplished better in a different way.

The BF vietnams soundtrack is great because of pieces like "Wild thing", "War", "Hush" and others ....

I think the oldies but goldies would be great...for ex:

KISS, Deep purple, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, Led Zeplin, Elvis(?rock.gif).

just what I thought: the oldies

I remember hearing "Hey Joe" in Vietcong. it was quite cool during a chopper ride.

all this dark crap like gothic should be left outside. they are cool ok but the old guitar based rock songs are just so made for this purpose smile_o.gif

slightly off topic:

in FDF mod there's music by a finnish metal band Airut. it's cool but IMO doesn't quite match the feeling you have on the field

just to make things clear it was just an example not feedback to the FDF team

dodgy bad rock should be burned at the stake, if ofp2 uses seventh or whoever they used in the 1st one, my ears will fall off in disgust.

wot would u concider about fan based music?

i mean like someones playing in band

they could contribute music to it, without gettign payed for

having his music in a game is honour enough

at least for me biggrin_o.gif

Neph, i dont think your Mosquitoes would quite fit in with ofp2 biggrin_o.gif

but your damn good on the guitar i'll give you that wink_o.gif

I think classical for wurope, or appropriate traditional or native music for different parts of the world. I'm not a fan of calssical or world music, but I think its got more atmosphere.

Apparently im in a minority of 1, but it bugged the hell out of me, when im playing a res misson, and all of a sudden i've got sub limp-bizkit rap metal coming at me.

Or mabye just a phil collins soundtrack biggrin_o.gif

well i never talked of mosquitoes kjam....

i dont mean only metal stuff....

i can play piano/keyboard aswell...

I think music for should be approriate to the situation that ofp2 will present.

I, for one, thought the style of music from CWC fit the game like a glove. I think music is all about fitting in a movie or a game.