Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Vampires/Undead Pack Beta Release

Werewolves!! now thats a great idea....normal civilians by day and werewolves by night...using the same method as streetlamps to auto change!

There was a brit movie (Dog Soldiers) last year about a group of training SAS soldiers who got err..'misorientated' into a spooky village and had to battle it out with the villagers who turned werewolves by night - great movie!!

Werewolves indeed is a great idea, especially the concept of them changing into wolves during the night. Dog Soldiers is by far one of the best werewolf movies I have seen, you could probably recreate the movie using the werewolves and the DPM British pack releases not that long ago, as well as alot of the Operation Farmland objects. Great job on the Vampire pack by the way wink_o.gif

I hang my head in shame tounge_o.gif  I ran from battle like a coward when my team were dead in < 2mins   biggrin_o.gif

A quick change to the Bas M.gunner made for a more balanced fight biggrin_o.gif

After playing those demo missions it was clear straight away how good your script work is Great Job.

I haven't had any of those problems and Another battle field for OFP is a good thing!  ghostface.gif  

Just for something else if you get time? maybe make the civils have a bloody face? like that other mod? Im not sure if you can just swap face textures or if it worked on a health system?

To have a "bloody face", you'd be as well as using ODOL -> MLOD converter, reverse engineer some civilian models, then retexture their faces to have fangs.

Easy enough... in fact, very easy!

OFP is really begining to scare me now ghostface.gif aliens, huge mech robots, zombies and now vampires crazy_o.gif

So much scope and verstility in one game to create an infinate number of scenarios to frighten the crap out of me makes me realise why it is my favorite passtime until real life steps in.

Please, please i beg of you .... don't make a buffy addon as my mind will not be able to take that tounge_o.gif

Very well done GB and keep up the good work.

If anybody needs a really spooky atmosphere then just create a delapidated graveyard near some town ruins and set the time to dusk and then use the "mist logic" game logic from the BAS tonal addons to add to the atmos then finally add the finishing element .... the undead critters themselves.

Make sure you pack some clean underwear tounge_o.gif

Parker Hale

Very fun addon, nice work!

How about making a 'throw man' spell? I think that would be really cool. Another cool thing would be to have the victims that get bitten by a vampire/undead turn in to a vampire/undead also. Do you think that would be possible?  This should ofcourse be used rather spares and randomly so that the victim gets killed most of the time and just sometimes get bitten and converted so it doesn´t get to difficult for the player if he´s playing as a vampireslayer. The coolest thing would ofcourse be to have a spell/option to bite and convert another unit when you play as a undead/vampire biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To have a "bloody face", you'd be as well as using ODOL -> MLOD converter, reverse engineer some civilian models, then retexture their faces to have fangs.

Well... for the guys you can just use the "setface" command. Not so easy for the girls I'm afraid....

Quote[/b] ]Please, please i beg of you .... don't make a buffy addon as my mind will not be able to take that

Actually... someone already made it. Can't find any links or pictures now, but its on OFP.info.

Quote[/b] ]Another cool thing would be to have the victims that get bitten by a vampire/undead turn in to a vampire/undead also. Do you think that would be possible?

That's definately possible and will be included as soon as I can get the #$%@ bite animations to work properly.

Quote[/b] ]Another cool thing would be to have the victims that get bitten by a vampire/undead turn in to a vampire/undead also. Do you think that would be possible?  

That's definately possible and will be included as soon as I can get the #$%@ bite animations to work properly.

Nice, looking forward to that. smile_o.gif

Nice, looking forward to that. smile_o.gif

Cooooooool! soooo sweeeet! this Mod Roxors!

Yeah...it would need to be somewhat rare, or battles would suck...literally!crazy_o.gif

Perhaps the more elite vampires can bite? I.E. the Vampire 8 or Female Vampire 5?

Really great Mod, if combined with zombies would make for a hell of a campaign or mission. Have trouble with vampires even with a full squad of Tonal mercenaries.

this is a great addon for flashpoint ive always wanted to see who would win between a fight between vampires and zombies (zombies had their asses handed to them) i mean they threw cars and the zombies just kept coming until they had swarmed the last vampire which brings me to this request i was wondering if you could make a really strong vampire i mean 200 - 300 shots to kill you know like a head vampire who fly around swoops down picks someone up and drops them from the sky (like in jeepers creepers 2 ) and one last request could you make a monster pack which features all kinds of monsters mummys ,nemesis from re3, killer scarabs you know the bugs that eat people from the mummy, giant mutated monsters again taking 200-300 shots to kill i think we could take flashpoint to a whole nother level i was personally going to make a mission about alien vs predator but sadly we dont have those (yet) so if guys could make things like this that would bad ass

Punctuation...Punctuation...  crazy_o.gif

Currently placing a squad of the highest quality Vampires, especially if armed, should provide that extremly hard abilities. Even now, I've seen squads alone get whupped (And then whup) vampries.

Unless the vamps had a RPG, even with fireballs I saw a M113 or APC decimate them. They tended to jump around often even with guns...that wasnt always that bad. I got FUBARed when one leap over me and shot me upon landing, but sometimes it seems...needless?

Is there a possibility they could leap less or never when armed with guns? I dont know if anyone else had that problem, but they are crack shots, I hardly thought they needed to leap closer at me when they had a FNFAL to shoot me with.

Great work. Love the vamps, keep up the bang up job, you guys bring a creativity to OPF that few could have dreamed of. With such a limited engine, the modding community has shown that the only limit is how creative you can be and how much you can withstand the blisters from coding. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To have a "bloody face", you'd be as well as using ODOL -> MLOD converter, reverse engineer some civilian models, then retexture their faces to have fangs.

Well... for the guys you can just use the "setface" command. Not so easy for the girls I'm afraid....

Quote[/b] ]Please, please i beg of you .... don't make a buffy addon as my mind will not be able to take that

Actually... someone already made it. Can't find any links or pictures now, but its on OFP.info.

I wouldn't use SetFace, too messy. Sometimes when you get shot the face is "lost" and the original comes back.

Besides, by creating new models you can alter the mass of the objects to make vampires heavier (or indeed, lighter) than humans, so they can crush cars or tanks.... smile_o.gif

As for resurrection, the zombie mod already has that. Feel free to use my scripts smile_o.gif

Hellhound eh?

The hellhound in this mod ain't scary enough, so I've "retouched" it.

Now, check it out!!! Fangs and all... and whats more... gonna put some gore on it.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/hellhound.jpg

Woah! Looks great! However, before you go any further: Teacup has sent me an improved dog model, which you should use instead of the older, crappier dog model which is included in this addon. I'll send you the new one if you want.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a possibility they could leap less or never when armed with guns? I dont know if anyone else had that problem, but they are crack shots, I hardly thought they needed to leap closer at me when they had a FNFAL to shoot me with.

Definately. I liked the idea of them still jumping when they had guns, but admittedly, they don't do it very intelligently. wink_o.gif Actually, I think it may be cool (and smarter) if they jumped when they were being shot at. I'll see about putting that in next.

Quote[/b] ]i was wondering if you could make a really strong vampire i mean 200 - 300 shots to kill you know like a head vampire who fly around swoops down picks someone up and drops them from the sky

Actually, there is a much stronger 'boss' vampire in the pack, but I haven't finished scripting him yet, so he is hidden.

Quote[/b] ]could you make a monster pack which features all kinds of monsters...

Nope. I'm afraid I know absolutely NOTHING about modelling, and I don't want to learn, either. I can script, and kinda do anims and retextures, but I'm completely dependent on others for models.

Hellhound eh?

The hellhound in this mod ain't scary enough, so I've "retouched" it.

Now, check it out!!! Fangs and all... and whats more... gonna put some gore on it.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/510218/hellhound.jpg

Woah! Looks great! However, before you go any further: Teacup has sent me an improved dog model, which you should use instead of the older, crappier dog model which is included in this addon. I'll send you the new one if you want.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a possibility they could leap less or never when armed with guns? I dont know if anyone else had that problem, but they are crack shots, I hardly thought they needed to leap closer at me when they had a FNFAL to shoot me with.

Definately. I liked the idea of them still jumping when they had guns, but admittedly, they don't do it very intelligently. wink_o.gif Actually, I think it may be cool (and smarter) if they jumped when they were being shot at. I'll see about putting that in next.

Quote[/b] ]i was wondering if you could  make a really strong vampire i mean 200 - 300 shots to kill you know like a head vampire who fly around swoops down picks someone up and drops them from the sky

Actually, there is a much stronger 'boss' vampire in the pack, but I haven't finished scripting him yet, so he is hidden.

Quote[/b] ]could you make a monster pack which features all kinds of monsters...

Nope. I'm afraid I know absolutely NOTHING about modelling, and I don't want to learn, either. I can script, and kinda do anims and retextures, but I'm completely dependent on others for models.

Do you want me to send you the updated pbo?

Just add tunstals@hotmail.com to your MSN messenger and I'll upload it to you.

PS

If you can find me some pics of dead dogs with ribs jutting out, that would make these dogs.... disgustingly scary.

Great Work! I love the addons in this pack.  Looking forward to next realease, as the "Boss" type vampire has peaked my interest.  I agree that the jumping seems sporadic, but it's kinda cool that way, makes them unpredictable.

scaryy! smile_o.gif ho djuob on yuor modeling/ scripting styles... trhis mod has been prettyy gun so far! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote

Please, please i beg of you .... don't make a buffy addon as my mind will not be able to take that

Yes i know, she was one of the models in the second Amazon pack but I meant it as a bit of a personal joke tounge_o.gif

All this horror stuff is scaring the pants off me guys....I love it.

Parker Hale

Very nice and original addon General Barron smile_o.gif

Keep the development of this great pack and you might get for sure some feedback from comunity addonmakers. I'm finnnishing myself an horror pack and i'm ontime to include on it a new vampire model, dracula or something else  biggrin_o.gif

A chalange: Could you create a script that turn the ofp seagulls into bats? biggrin_o.gif

Someone might be able to do something similar to the seagull flocks that fly above the boats in the fishing boat addon that Col Klink made. If they were bats instead of gulls it would look really eery to see a hoard of them flying above an old castle.

Quote[/b] ]A chalange: Could you create a script that turn the ofp seagulls into bats?

I already reskinned the seagull model into a crow. However, OFP doesn't let you define new seagull type units, I'm afraid. I couldn't even change the model of the original seagull in the core config without a CTD.

However, I have been thinking about trying to make a "seagull" script that would "fly" an object around like a seagull. Haven't got around to it yet, but it definately is possible. The object should be animated though, so the bat flaps its wings. But I don't know how to make my crow do that. sad_o.gif

You want scary? Look at MiGs picture.....closer......closer....closer......Wahhhh! tounge_o.gif

Couldnt you make a bat model with custom anims that acts as like.....a helicopter or aircraft, just put it as a civvy unit or something......

crazy_o.gif errrrr....................actually GB, my name is Monoloth, but thats cool, lol.

Regarding what you and Kueter have been working with, I have the *Special Weapon* finished, sent it to Kueter for Beta the other nite. You may want to touch base with him, may need to "beef" it up a bit in the cpp.

I havent forgotten the *wish list* you and Kueter discussed, work load is heavy right now, as well as working on the second and third Engineering Degree (i am a glutton for punishment) but I havent forgotten and I think I can manage it all, just be patient.

I am also finishing some custom units for Kueter, that will be coupled with what the two of you have been conspiring on, plz get with him within the next few days regarding these units, just in case some adjustments need to be done. I hope to have the beta to him by Sunnday evening at the soonest, Tuesday at the latest. Well, sorry for the length of the post, you can call me names in the Disciples Forums, lol