Sign in to follow this  
General Barron

Vampires/Undead Pack Beta Release

Quote[/b] ]Quote

cant u just replace it with the seagull? that thing was boring anyway

To quote myself:

OFP doesn't let you define new seagull type units, I'm afraid. I couldn't even change the model of the original seagull in the core config without a CTD.

The damn footprints and footsteps sound. Anyone knows how to remove those?

I believe this should remove the footsteps sound:

soundEnabled=false;

That would be defined in the animation class config. I could be wrong though.

Alternatively, you could define the bat as some sort of aircraft, and make it truly "fly" around. However, your method looks like it works surprisingly well.

We have found a simple way to disable only the footsteps sound. We just add in the bat class (CfgVehicles)

soundEnviron[]={}; In fact, no need of soundEnviron cause Bat never touch the ground, unless he get shot and falls dead smile_o.gif . The terrain footprints bug in now the major unsolved bug. We have defined the bat as a human unit and this allows us to create several types of flyth animations, dying and even strike animations and also wound textures that we need cause it is real fun shot the damn bat when he flyes biggrin_o.gif

eeeer, about those footprints..., u mean those shitty brown things on the ground? well, if u turn shadows of they dissapear, so maybe u can just delete that all the shadows of that damn thing and.... eeeeeer, what do i know about moddeling/configs/whatever crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

General Barron: Any progress in the Vampires addon?

Me and many members of the comunity are folowing this addon with very interest, don't quit on it M8 smile_o.gif

eeeer, about those footprints..., u mean those shitty brown things on the ground? well, if u turn shadows of they dissapear, so maybe u can just delete that all the shadows of that damn thing and.... eeeeeer, what do i know about moddeling/configs/whatever  crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

I dont know either but seems like a good idea, is it possible to disable shadow for a specific unit, shadow off produces no footprints right rock.gif .

Dont know if this has been mention (no time to check) but this addon seems to automatically add itself to mission.sqm's even when its not used.

Dont know if this has been mention (no time to check) but this addon seems to automatically add itself to mission.sqm's even when its not used.

Hmm... it doesn't seem to be doing it for me. Are you sure you didn't add a game logic from this or something without knowing it?

maybe u used it, deleted all the thingys on the map and made a new mission? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (ofpforum @ Sep. 02 2004,19:45)

eeeer, about those footprints..., u mean those shitty brown things on the ground? well, if u turn shadows of they dissapear, so maybe u can just delete that all the shadows of that damn thing and.... eeeeeer, what do i know about moddeling/configs/whatever

I dont know either but seems like a good idea, is it possible to disable shadow for a specific unit, shadow off produces no footprints right .

Thanks for the tip M8s. I know that if shadow is disable footprints wont work, but i want to keep the shadows in the bat (it is very important keep the shadows on any addon cause turns things more realistic) so i solve the prob already with another trick wink_o.gif

Hmm... it doesn't seem to be doing it for me. Are you sure you didn't add a game logic from this or something without knowing it?

Sure

Quote[/b] ]maybe u used it, deleted all the thingys on the map and made a new mission?

I havent started a mission from scratch for a long time so... no

eeeer, about those footprints..., u mean those shitty brown things on the ground? well, if u turn shadows of they dissapear, so maybe u can just delete that all the shadows of that damn thing and.... eeeeeer, what do i know about moddeling/configs/whatever    

I dont know either but seems like a good idea, is it possible to disable shadow for a specific unit, shadow off produces no footprints right  .

Thanks for the tip M8s. I know that if shadow is disable footprints wont work, but i want to keep the shadows in the bat (it is very important keep the shadows on any addon cause turns things more realistic) so i solve the prob already with another trick  wink_o.gif

"I solve the prob" - Cheeky bugger! biggrin_o.gif It was ME who fixed it!

<pokes mig in the ribs, with a cheeky wink>

<sco- I mean zombie mod, and mig fall out, LOL >

Mig, just having fun.

Anyway folks: basically, if you use setpos, no footprints will appear.. yes, even on a Man() derived class.

DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT!!!

I am finishing off the bat - when exactly? I dunno, but soon. Let's say a week and a half away? Maybe earlier.

I dont know either but seems like a good idea, is it possible to disable shadow for a specific unit, shadow off produces no footprints right  .

Thanks for the tip M8s. I know that if shadow is disable footprints wont work, but i want to keep the shadows in the bat (it is very important keep the shadows on any addon cause turns things more realistic) so i solve the prob already with another trick  wink_o.gif

"I solve the prob" - Cheeky bugger! biggrin_o.gif It was ME who fixed it!

<pokes mig in the ribs, with a cheeky wink>

<sco- I mean zombie mod, and mig fall out, LOL >

Mig, just having fun.

Anyway folks: basically, if you use setpos, no footprints will appear.. yes, even on a Man() derived class.

DONT YOU JUST LOVE IT!!!

I am finishing off the bat - when exactly? I dunno, but soon. Let's say a week and a half away? Maybe earlier.

You are terrible, Zombie_Mod, but you are right, i should said us tounge_o.gif

Sorry to be a begger, I do love what's been done so far, but is there any chance of a werewolf being released? And the vampires getting their own model to make them easier to identify?

I do absolutely adore it.. I've got Royal Marines vs. Hell Hound battles raging at the moment!

Sorry to be a begger, I do love what's been done so far, but is there any chance of a werewolf being released? And the vampires getting their own model to make them easier to identify?

I do absolutely adore it.. I've got Royal Marines vs. Hell Hound battles raging at the moment!

Yeah and then someone will come up with underworld mod tounge_o.gif

Yeah and then someone will come up with underworld mod  tounge_o.gif

I was thinking more Dog Soldiers myself... now there's a film! biggrin_o.gif

Just a quick question.. how can I get it so that the units activate midpoint in game? I'm trying to get it so that when you move into a town the undead activate and come out of hiding? I tried using a trigger set to detect west, and then some waypoints for the hellhounds, but it didn't work that well. They sort of meandered around for 2 minutes before attacking?

Yeah and then someone will come up with underworld mod  tounge_o.gif

I was thinking more Dog Soldiers myself... now there's a film!  biggrin_o.gif

Just a quick question.. how can I get it so that the units activate midpoint in game? I'm trying to get it so that when you move into a town the undead activate and come out of hiding? I tried using a trigger set to detect west, and then some waypoints for the hellhounds, but it didn't work that well. They sort of meandered around for 2 minutes before attacking?

put the "stealth" behaviour in the waypointhingy rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just a quick question.. how can I get it so that the units activate midpoint in game?

Hmm..... I'm not sure about that one. As it stands, the units don't "activate" until they detect somebody in the GENB_hunters array. Try having them hold outside of town until a trigger is activated by the hunters presence in town. Then have their next waypoint be the center of the town. Unless you've already tried it and it didn't work, or I'm not understanding your situation correctly.....

You could always use the createunit command, unless again your situation wouldn't warrent it.

If you really need to 'force' it, you can simply not have the player's squad in the GENB_hunters array at the start of the mission. Then, once they enter the center of town, add them to the array. Of course this method has lots of problems unless this is the very first thing that happens in the mission....

Quote[/b] ]And the vampires getting their own model to make them easier to identify?

Well, I don't know how to make a cube in O2, so I can't model anything. I've tried some retexturing in the past, but for some reason my textures get screwed up after I convert them... if anyone knows some good retexturing tuts, please tell me. Lastly, I tried to integrate some other models into the addon (like I did with the hellhound and skeletons), but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. The models were MLOD, and had a bunch of .obj files in the pbo, so if anyone has any idea how to work it, let me know again. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any progress in the Vampires addon?

Not at the moment.... I've been driven mad trying to config the bloody animations... I've been driven mad trying to retexture.... and I've been driven mad trying to integrate some models into my pbo (see above). Lol... all that stress isn't good for me, so I've been starting another scripting mod/project.

Well the good news is that I've got it to start once the player gets into town centre.

What happens is as follows..

The players squad triggers a trigger (Hows that for repitition?) that reads as follows. It's activated by WEST and basically assigns the player group as hunters.

All that I have to do now is make it so that a second trigger is activated following the first that covers a wider area and makes all western units within it's bounderies as targets for the undead, but this trigger cannot be activated till the first is enabled... Any ideas?

Just a small suggestion General Barron, but i believe it would improve your addon much better: the vampires can't stand the daylight so if would be funny if they burn and explode with the sunlight tounge_o.gif

Just a small suggestion General Barron, but i believe it would improve your addon much better: the vampires can't stand the daylight so if would be funny if they burn and explode with the sunlight  tounge_o.gif

I don't think that would be a good idea Mig... just think of all the n00bs that would post in this thread saying "My vampires go on fire, this is a awful bug and needs to be fixed"

How many times would you have to say "READ THE README.TXT FILE" crazy_o.gif

(I have personal experience of this phenomena in the zombie mod thread.)

L8rs - going to work!

Just a small suggestion General Barron, but i believe it would improve your addon much better: the vampires can't stand the daylight so if would be funny if they burn and explode with the sunlight  tounge_o.gif

I don't think that would be a good idea Mig... just think of all the n00bs that would post in this thread saying "My vampires go on fire, this is a awful bug and needs to be fixed"

How many times would you have to say "READ THE README.TXT FILE"  crazy_o.gif

(I have personal experience of this phenomena in the zombie mod thread.)

L8rs - going to work!

maybe you could have a gamelogic for that

hehe yea NOOB attacks, well dont be to hard to them, we were all noobs  biggrin_o.gif

Aye, sorry, I apologise.

I just get pissed off being asked the same question 100 times when it's explained in a readme crazy_o.gif

OK, I've made a game logic, off the top of my head, which will make your vampires go on fire if they are out in the sun.

1. Copy script #1 and put in a file called config.cpp .

2. Copy script #2 and put in a file call burnvamps.sqs

3. Copy script #3 and put in a file called onfire.sqs

4. Move all 3 files into a folder called scottt_vamp

Then run makepbo, select scottt_vamp directory and pop the resulting pbo into yer res/addons directory.

CONFIG.CPP

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class ScottT_VampireShit

{

units[]={VampireBurn };

requiredversion=1.960000;

};

}

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Logic: All {};

class VampireBurn: Logic

{

displayName = "Undead Mod - Vampires burn";

icon = "\genb_vamps\ivamp.paa";

class eventhandlers

{

init = [_this select 0] exec {\scottt_vamp\burnvamps.sqs}

};

};

};

BURNVAMPS.SQS

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#waitforunits

? count GENB_UNDEAD != 0: goto "isitday"

~5

goto "waitforunits"

#isitday

? (daytime > 5) && (daytime < 20) : goto "roast"

~60

goto "waitforunits"

#roast

_y = 0

#lp

? _y >= count GENB_UNDEAD: goto "waitforunits"

_vamp = GENB_UNDEAD select _y

? alive _vamp: [_vamp] exec "\scottt_vamp\onfire.sqs"

_y = _y + 1

goto "lp"

ONFIRE.SQS

_vamp = _this select 0

#FlameLoop

? !alive _vamp: exit

;make the flames that come from vampire's chest

drop ["cl_fire","","Billboard",100,3/((0.5*(abs speed _vamp))+1),[0.1-random 0.2, 0.1-random 0.2,1.4-random 0.2],[0,-0.1,0.06],0,1.02,0.81,0.025,[0.15,0.21,0.42,0.66],[[1,1,1,0.9],[0.9,0.8,0.8,0.8],[0.07,0,0,0.6],[0,0,0,0]],[0,1,0,0.33,0.66],0.2,0.006,"","",_vamp]

~0.11

drop ["cl_fire","","Billboard",100,3/((0.5*(abs speed _vamp))+1),[0.1-random 0.2, 0.1-random 0.2,1.4-random 0.2],[0,-0.1,0.06],0,1.02,0.81,0.025,[0.15,0.21,0.42,0.66],[[1,1,1,0.9],[0.9,0.8,0.8,0.8],[0.07,0,0,0.6],[0,0,0,0]],[0,1,0,0.33,0.66],0.2,0.006,"","",_vamp]

setdamage (getdamage _vamp) + .1

~0.11

goto "FlameLoop"

Hope this works - it should do!

hehe yea NOOB attacks, well dont be to hard to them, we were all noobs  biggrin_o.gif

Aye, sorry, I apologise.

I just get pissed off being asked the same question 100 times when it's explained in a readme crazy_o.gif

OK, I've made a game logic, off the top of my head, which will make your vampires go on fire if they are out in the sun.

1. Copy script #1 and put in a file called config.cpp .

2. Copy script #2 and put in a file call burnvamps.sqs

3. Copy script #3 and put in a file called onfire.sqs

4. Move all 3 files into a folder called scottt_vamp

Then run makepbo, select scottt_vamp directory and pop the resulting pbo into yer res/addons directory.

CONFIG.CPP

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class ScottT_VampireShit

{

units[]={VampireBurn };

requiredversion=1.960000;

};

}

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Logic: All {};

class VampireBurn: Logic

{

displayName = "Undead Mod - Vampires burn";

icon = "\genb_vamps\ivamp.paa";

class eventhandlers

{

init = [_this select 0] exec {\scottt_vamp\burnvamps.sqs}

};

};

};

BURNVAMPS.SQS

#waitforunits

? count GENB_UNDEAD != 0: goto "isitday"

~5

goto "waitforunits"

#isitday

? (daytime > 5) && (daytime < 20) : goto "roast"

~60

goto "waitforunits"

#roast

_y = 0

#lp

? _y >= count GENB_UNDEAD: goto "waitforday"

_vamp = GENB_UNDEAD select _y

? alive _vamp: [_vamp] exec "\scottt_vamp\onfire.sqs"

_y = _y + 1

goto "lp"

ONFIRE.SQS

_vamp = _this select 0

#FlameLoop

? !alive _vamp: exit

;make the flames that come from vampire's chest

~0.11

~0.11

goto "FlameLoop"

Hope this works - it should do!

biggrin_o.gif Vampires are burning very fine Scott but, it was even better if they die after that great burn effect. Don't know much about scripting but it might be possible from those call that script in the vampires pack called vamp_killed that causes that great die effect smile_o.gif