Sign in to follow this  
jjracing

I made a little island (10*10km, 488000objects)

You island is beautiful. It has a great atmosphere.

I could live there!!

488,000 objects

Oh jesus..... And here I am desperately trying to keep all my islands below 100,000 :P

Para

@Jotte

Have  you copied the w1.pbo into your res/AddOns file? All the textures I made myself are in the w1.pbo, you should check this out, hope that’s the problem…

@desantnik

I’m sorry, but the traffic-limit is reached. The pics will be on again on 1st September.

Quote[/b] ]

Traffic:

Frei (traffic-limit): 1000MB   Verbraucht (spent): 1341.94MB   noch verfügbar (not used): -341.94MB

biggrin_o.gif

@-RuN-

Thx… but I hope you aren’t as virtual as my map ;)

@ redface

thx4pics

Thx, that was the problem. I had it in my modfolders res/addons but that didn't work but when I moved it to the standard res/addons folder it works. smile_o.gif

Oh, it doesn't work if it's in a mod folder?! didn't know that. *testout*...

of course it works in a mod folder, i got all my islands in a special mod folder, except for big mod release packs island but they get their own mod mod folder biggrin_o.gif

you just have to setup everything the correct way and it should work, one thing about mod folders is that if you make a mission using some addons and then move the addons to a mod folder and then want to play the mission or edit the mission you will get a missing addons box , so don't mess around with moving addons from one mod folder to the next or from res\addons to a mod folder.

weeee. I got my login corect.... I am so drunk right now taht I am happy to play your island with 37000000 obexysts... hehe... wow this is really fun andn O hpe ie dont hget i n trouble for this later on but I realyl enhjoy your island and hope you mnake much much becuse you are really talents. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

weeee. I got my login corect.... I am so drunk right now taht I am happy to play your island with 37000000 obexysts... hehe... wow this is really fun andn O hpe ie dont hget i n trouble for this later on but I realyl enhjoy your island and hope you mnake much much becuse you are really talents. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh Vodka !!!!!!!!!!!

;)

great Island

hes only 17. i never had that much fun playing games when i was drunk, let alone posting!!!!!!

As Lee H. Oswald kindly pointed out in the Photography discussion thread, jjracing released a new beta of Newland some time ago in a german forum.

Grab it here!

He also posted some pics from the new version:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Right now he is searching for people to give him bug reports. So help him finish this great island.

Yeah i was expecting much lag to but somehow it has decreased a little biggrin_o.gif and also ofp didn't crash when i played the island in the editor preview mode when using marines pack troops in it tounge_o.gif

He forgot to include a ReadMe with required addons again! tounge_o.gif

Nice improvments, this is undoubtly my faviourate island, with Tonal and Kodiak following closely. I do get some lag though in some of the towns, but for the vast majority its fine.

Nice to see hes still keeping the project alive.

Do you really think I just loaded it up for u to have fun? tounge_o.gif

(addons are still the same)

I actually loaded it up to get a buglist, but i always need to do it all myself... biggrin_o.gif

by the way, do you know why flshpoint doesn't like my fallen trees. I've used the original textures, but they are black?!?

[ig]http://home.arcor.de/einschwein2/bug.jpg[/img]>100kb

Be sure the textures of the fallen trees are .paa. That's the only thing I can come up with.

It looks like a problem with transparency. Check to make sure there are correct alpha channels and if it is .paa

this crashed plane isn't on your version of my island biggrin_o.gif

(u'll soon get a newer version...)

I used an original texture. It is saved in the original o.pbo as a .pac.

an idea: if it doesn't work with *downed trees - mybe some *burned trees will help ...

Well, let me test it out...

but i think, if i burn the trees, i must burn the plane too, isn'it? biggrin_o.gif

And so i woud have to crate new textures, i think it's easyer if I put the pac's as paa's in my own pbo-file. But thx for that idea, i think I've got an idea what to do with the burned trees...

Has someone got a bug list, or some other kind of help for me? smile_o.gif