Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

RED ORCHESTRA

Hello all from Slovakia where I am currently located....

First off.... Red Orchestra 3.0 is on schedule to be released the 27th of August... thats right

AUGUST 27 of this year

this release will be the biggest up to date and will include TANKS!!! ARTILLARY!!! BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS THAT MAKE MY HEAD EXPLODE!!!

the list is here

New and highly interactive maps

New Anti-Tank Weapons

Artillery

Vehicles

Satchel Explosions

As well as Improved Infantry Mechanics including:

Modeled Iron Sights

Weapon Sway

Streamlined Player Movement

Real Weapon Ballistics

Grenade Duds

Locational Damage Effects

Hand Wound Drops Weapon

Stamina Management

the point is my dear friends is that they are giving this totally awesome mod that blows everything previously ww2 themed game amateur and professional clearly out of the water...

well what are you listening to me rant about... go download the trailer here

trailer

an interview with some of the developers can be found here

interview

the total list of improvements is unknown at this time but it is the biggest release they have thus far.... tanks....need I say more wink_o.gif

GO and download this free mod come august 27 and give these guys the respect they deserve....

for all realistic loving, noncave dwelling, ww2 nuts this is a must download... biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

ps...

Did I mention they won the first place in the Make Something Unreal Contest in the FPS category and various other spots...

its okay.... go on... wipe the drool of your slackjawed face. tounge_o.gif

IS it OFP based?

ahh, I can see the Unreal engine. Is it a standalone thing?

nop...not OFP based .... you need to buy ut2004 for it to work but I think it is well worth the price of some 30 dollars... after that everything is free...including RO! smile_o.gif

To me it looks a bit like Call of Duty, but much better grapich and ¨stuff¨. Looks good biggrin_o.gif

I didn't like how in UT2004 you sorta glide around, is it the same with this? Or is it a bit slower and realisticer

RO is alot more realistic....you have stamina, and sprinting tires you out, ect..... smile_o.gif From what ive played its v good, although its only really playable online....the bots suck ass (they tend to all group together in one location and jump about into each other alot i think)

Red Orchestra is the best WWII FPS I've ever played. Beats the pants off of everything else, including CoD. I went and bought UT2004 just to download this mod and it was absolutely worth it.

Red Orchestra is the best WWII FPS I've ever played. Beats the pants off of everything else, including CoD. I went and bought UT2004 just to download this mod and it was absolutely worth it.

Same here.

I haven't played UT2004, cause it's bad as hell, but RO is exactly what I want a WWII game should look like.

And combined arms sounds like another milestone to me.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Yep, realistic.

Too realistic. Incorporates Murphy. I can shoot friendly troops at 200m, but next corner in the trench I miss the enemy... very... annoying... wink_o.gif

At least another update for one of the greatest mods for UT2004, playable on Linux. Not to mention Alien Swarm, Frag Ops, SAS, Domain 2049, UT2004Troopers, Strike Force (when it's done), Jungle Warfare, Neotokyo... but I'm leaving the offtopic-ontopic zone...

biggrin_o.gif

Since there are fights with rifles and stuff do people strafe around alot like they do in COD and UT2004 or is everything slower.

Alien Swarm, Frag Ops, SAS, Domain 2049, UT2004Troopers, Strike Force (when it's done), Jungle Warfare, Neotokyo... but I'm leaving the offtopic-ontopic zone...

biggrin_o.gif

Atlantis is nice too.

Think I'l reinstall UT2k4 now that 2.0 will be out in 4 days..

I am thinking of buying UT2004 for the same reason I bought Half Life a few years back...I want the mods! biggrin_o.gif

Exactly. DoD has been my favourite WWII mod for quite some time now... But this... looks... stunning!smile_o.gif The trailer was really worth downloading.

All that remains is for me to purchase UT2004. Now, a small question to those who already own it: how is multiplayer 'governed'? Is it something like Valve's Steam? Or more like Ubisoft's system? I'm not quite sure who published UT... You see, the reason why I'm asking this is that I had to buy three copies of HL before that damn Steam thingy finally accepted my cd-key! I contacted Valve about it but buying another copy of HL was cheaper than sending the whole damn thing to their US HQ and waiting for them to get back to me. I'd like to avoid such hiccups in the future:)

regards,

X.

Same here.

I haven't played UT2004, cause it's bad as hell, but RO is exactly what I want a WWII game should look like.

And combined arms sounds like another milestone to me.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

wouldnt call ut2k4 bad as hell, its well worth it just for ut2k4 itself. Tho it is no fun getting owned :P

Hi.. All from Bratislava... I just spent the last two days touring several countries from Ukraine.... to Hungary to Austria... beautifull places but back to the offtopic ontopic topic. rock.gif

Anyway... there really is no system such as steam or ubisoft for UT2004... you simply lauch the mod... head over to multiplayer... refresh list... click and play the most immersive WW2 FPS there ever was is or will be!!!biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I didn't like how in UT2004 you sorta glide around, is it the same with this? Or is it a bit slower and realisticer

Yes it is slower and more realisticer wink_o.gif

The animations are really well done and this stage of the mod should be a landmark in the game...

I wouldnt compare it to COD at all... COD is a fun game... RO is a realistic hardcore simulator...which is fun too. smile_o.gif

In my opinion it is simply worth it too buy the game and download the mod just to the thank the developing team who created this simulation out of a frag and glide game.

Go buy Ut2004 and download RO... you wont regret it... plus you get all the other cool ut2004 mods that come with it. Its simply a must have.

sorry about the rant... I am just stuck in Europe for a week after the RO gets out and I wont be able to play... mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

So go have fun for me!

Exactly. DoD has been my favourite WWII mod for quite some time now... But this... looks... stunning!smile_o.gif The trailer was really worth downloading.

All that remains is for me to purchase UT2004. Now, a small question to those who already own it: how is multiplayer 'governed'? Is it something like Valve's Steam? Or more like Ubisoft's system? I'm not quite sure who published UT... You see, the reason why I'm asking this is that I had to buy three copies of HL before that damn Steam thingy finally accepted my cd-key! I contacted Valve about it but buying another copy of HL was cheaper than sending the whole damn thing to their US HQ and waiting for them to get back to me. I'd like to avoid such hiccups in the future:)

regards,

X.

Actually, UT2004's in game browser is very similar to the one used by HL's WON system. No CD-key required to activate online, no hassles, but there is a main central server you connect to. Thats it, really.

I'm a big fan of RO even though I hardly get the opertunity to play it since most of the people I play games online with (so that I'm ensured a good, honest game) end up playing less demanding games stuff like BF42/'nam instead and my modem laggs terribly on most pub servers, that's if they even let me in with my huge ping. biggrin_o.gif

The trailer shows some really fantastic looking stuff but the video itself is pretty poorly done, still looking forward to the release though.

good to see there are RO players in the OFP community biggrin_o.gif

in my opinion RO is the best mod / game ever based on WW2 EVER biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

3.0 will pwn wink_o.gif

jooolly shiet.... I mena hooooly shietl... youknow what I mena.....

YAY!!! biggrin_o.gif

I will drinkt othe health of the develpe4rs of RO so tha t they can dcontinue making high quality mod.... biggrin_o.gif

Change log :

- New Artillery system.

- Added binoculars in. All squad leaders may choose them. Point them at something and press fire to save your artillery coordinates.

- Added voice over for artillery system

- Added Weapon Sway

- Vehicles - PanzerIV, HalfTrack, T34. Fully functioning

with tank cannon and MG positions.

- Panzerfaust, for destroying the tanks.

- Disable pickup of ammunition if you do not have the gun

- Reset FOV if you throw weapon when zoomed

- Added dropping weapon if hit in the hand (with HUD message)

- New player animations

- New animations for all Weapoons

- Map updates

- New code to better support forward/backward spawning

- Satchels on Sevastopol

- Added Semi-Auto Role

- New parameters for karma death (flying bodies with grenades)

- Reduced weapon shake during SMG firing

- New camo sleeves for 1st person

- New texture files for weapons and characters

- Adjusted free-aim so there is no longer a "dead-zone" where mouse

sensitivity has no effect.

- New in game menu system and menu art.

- New sound system for vehicles. Supports multiple ambient sounds

with 3d locational positioning and velocity based pitch/volume

adjustment.

- All new sounds for tanks including: Engine idle, start, stop,

cannon fire, cannon reload, tracks squeaking, interior rumble,

and hull mg firing.

- Added turret rotation sounds for PIV and T34

- Vehicles now can cap objectives. Each person in the

vehicles counts toward the cap as well.

- Set the realistic zoom levels for tank cannon optics

- Set turret rotation to realistic speeds

- Added damaged vehicle emitter effects

- Added vehicle hit effects, and hit effects for dirt and

snow for the tank shells.

- Added new artillery hit effects.

- Artillery now has two hit effects depending on the surface

it hits (snow or dirt.)

- Fixed the turrets being backwards when you get in the gunner

position

- Added roles for tank crew (Tank Commander and Tanker)

- Tanks may now only be operated by tank crew members

- Added new scope overlays for vehicles

- Added a short waiting time when a tank if first entered

to allow additional crewmembers. If more than 1 person

is in the tank, the tank may leave instantly. If not

the player must wait a few seconds before leaving.

- Added messages notifying the player of Waiting For Crew,

and various other things such as trying to enter a tank

when you are not tank crew.

- Reduced the sound radius on artillery explosion

- Inactive/completed objectives are now grayed out

on the overhead map.

- Replaced the portal 3d scope with a different

3d scope that uses texture rendering. Doesn't

have the jitter problems, non smooth movement

problems, or view deficiencies that the portal

scope system had.

- Added a different style of view shake when

firing sniper rifles.

- Fixed prone rotation to be equivalent in speed

to standing rotation.

- Added code to make many of the weapon transitions

appear much smoother, especially the transition from

iron sights back to free-aim.

- Kalinin has been modified to allow the germans to

retain thier forward spawn until the Allies capture

both forward villages.

- Fixed an issues with bullets not appearing correctly

on bolt action rifles.

- New prone transition

- Multiplayer menu is now RO's not UT2k4s.

- Players view now does not roll with the terrain they

are on. Makes prone less disorienting.

- Fixed artillery not giving the person who called in the

strike credit for the kills.

- Added icons for artillery strike, panzerfaust and tank cannon kills

- Fixed 3d scoped view being angled when player is on

an incline.

- Added death icons for satchels

- Added a tank icon while in tanks. The icon replaces

the player icon, and displays the health of the

vehicle, the rotation of the turret, and which positions

in the tank are occupied.

- Added ballistics for the tank cannon shells.

< 500 meters is pretty much a straight shot. Farther than

that, and you need to compensate by aiming higher.

I find it odd that they put tanks in. I always read on their forums that they wanted it to strictly be infantry combat.

Artilery should be fun.

I find it odd that they put tanks in. I always read on their forums that they wanted it to strictly be infantry combat.

I can't say that's reason to complain:)

Damn... this means I'll need to buy UT2004. Argh... another 50 Euro's down the drain:S

its just that with out vehicles next to know one would be interested, there infantry only approach wasnt drawing very many players. And after all if realisms there goal then no vehicles at all would be pretty unrealistic smile_o.gif.

To be honest tho im sick of ww2 games, ROs good but soo many ww2 games all the same. Im lookin more foward to the new frag ops version with its new game mode doing away with that cs clone mode.

Tell the mod guys to start their own studio and get a license to use the unreal engine for their game (like many other games do), would be glad to buy it if it is realistic and all that good, but buying UT to use a mod, hmm dunno about that, UT aint my ride tounge_o.gif .