Sign in to follow this  
remo

AfganEveron

Well what about the walled communities, because they got these walled communities sparsed out in the desert and I've seen special forces knock on the big door before entering the community and looking for weapons caches. I don't see any walled communities up there. It looks like some other country entirely without those. Plus it needs more unforgiving terrain where the houses aren't.

Lol, its good to know the dam ZZ Top beard is history. biggrin_o.gif

I frigging hate that beard. If bossible look into the beard BAS scouts have in the Tonal pack. Its the most realistic looking one I have seen.

Not really, i think that for a long beard to look good it would have to be modeled in the models head rock.gif , that would make a realistic Osama, but its not that all afghans have long beards anyway, i like the faces seen on LoBo's egiptian dudes or the ones Liquid Snake made a while back, even the BIS bearded face looks better than all other "spray" painted looking faces smile_o.gif .

I hope to see this promising iland soon. It looks very good.

It's not true that the afghans have long beards. In fact a lot don't have a beard at all. A beard as seen on the BAS scouts or the one in the SASR pack (released some time ago) would be enough. That together with the tulband or that funny local headwear would make for very realistic afghans. (both tali's and civies)

Couldn't it be possible to have randomizing appearance, much like the Desert Grunts?

Otherwise, I'd look at VIT's APC pack, the chechnyans have a much more MODEST Beard. smile_o.gif

any ETA on when this will get released? smile_o.gif

pics looks good enough for me, and if i need anything walled in ill use whatever editor addon walls objects that i think looks good and put it into use tounge_o.gif

Hopefully there is a factory like compound somewhere on the island so we can make a mission Where you play as an SAS soldier attacking an opium factory. That would be great biggrin_o.gif

Is there any reason why Everon island was used as a template for this island?

Is there any reason why Everon island was used as a template for this island?

maybe because everon is one of the best islands even though its old...  

thats why tales of war are doing a everon 2004..

Everon rules!!!

why everon ? at the beguinning, i just wanted to make a quick map, turning sea to land, changing buildings and adding mosque on zwadar desert everon to match with the afganpack, I also try desert malden, but yes the southern part of everon was easier, then i start to add new texture (based on resistance ones), and finaly changing the relief, roads, new town, rivers etc. now it has almost nothing to do with Everon, expect the main road patern.

I have geodata for real afganrelief smile_o.gif, but failled to import intor wrptools sad_o.gif

hehe its okay smile_o.gif it could be based on everon but imo the pics makes me droowll.,. ghostface.gif

i wonder when this cool island will get released?

what's the update on this nice island?

Waiting for this one for a long time.

I am working on the edge of the map in order to avoid having a maritime landscape close to hills of indukush smile_o.gif

Some buildings fix and improvement, and "more&more" vegetation and smal stones added

edge.jpg

it will xmas_o.gif

soon soon, not yet but soon, me very very busy at that time (just my phd to write crazy_o.gif ) and working on NorthKorean pack (don't know why, but it's all fixed and updated)

I wasn't happy with the last topographic changed I made on afganeveron, i'm still looking for names of the cities in farci arabic, at least in arabic, and trying to change the bell for azan call from the mosque.