Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

What is the stupid HMMWV for?

while LAV's is better armored then the Hmmwvs, they are clearly too large for being as a replacement of jeep

Of course. I don't specialize in armour, so I don't know how the hell the LAV/Stryker type vehicles survive the kind of blasts they're rated to take.

I learned something very interesting over the weekend. A lot of the Humvee's rear back-trunk-door-area-thing is made out of magnesium. Now, you know what happens when magnesium catches on fire. It ain't too pretty (well it is to the eye but not to the hummer, hehe).

I think the old Cadillac Gage V100 Commando (we could have our soldier's pimpin in some caddies... word...) would be a very nice alternative for city-streets use...

g1577.gif

Not to mention they are SWEET lookin'!

Why not use those updated M113's with 25mm gun. They are have good armor, good firepower and are relatively small to patrol in cities wink_o.gif

I would think the Hummer is the only car used for rough terrain.  Ask yourself why there is a UAZ as well.  It sure beats driving a Honda Civic in a convoy through the desert.

Hummers are the only trucks of it's kind. Big, strong, dependable vehicle to get you from point A to point B, saving fuel, lives, and time.

Of course. I don't specialize in armour, so I don't know how the hell the LAV/Stryker type vehicles survive the kind of blasts they're rated to take.

they are mean to be a APC for urben combat, of couse you can use a M2 or M113 in urben areas, but surviving in a city fight, pure armor is not going to help much, still remember what Top Gear Riot truck test shows us?? wink_o.gif

@SpecOp 9

i would agree most of the part, but not the "saving fuel" issus tounge_o.gif

I would think the Hummer is the only car used for rough terrain. Ask yourself why there is a UAZ as well. It sure beats driving a Honda Civic in a convoy through the desert.

Hummers are the only trucks of it's kind. Big, strong, dependable vehicle to get you from point A to point B, saving fuel, lives, and time.

The new russian armoured 4x4 looks like it could eat a hummvee for breakfast smile_o.gif

ALL ARMOR.... is death trap wow_o.gif

Yagyu Retsudo

this one>?

Don't think so, looked different. That looks pretty good too though

Us Brits use this piece of shit.It's a nightmare to drive because the visibility is almost none excistent.The only armourment is a Gpmg machine gun on top...

Saxon...

vehsaxna.jpg

Looks.....like.....ww2is or ww1is man...they still using that dumb looking thing???

Anyways, humvee is a good vehicle and we wouldn't have alot of soldiers dying in Iraq while in a humvee as long as the fricken armor panels and glass is put into place. The price tag on it is high but its worth it, not to mention how is it fricken high when we make money in the 100's of trillions each year in the United States government?

~Bmg

How about the Patria AMV:

Photo-1-AMV-8x8-with-Oto-Me.jpg

Poland recently ordered over 600 of those, surely US Army can afford to buy a few...

Did you notice, even Mr. Kerry refered to my thread in his speech yesterday.

He clearly stated that hundreds of HMMWVs are being used in Iraq without proper armour.

Dito, Dito   smile_o.gif

Did you notice, even Mr. Kerry refered to my thread in his speech yesterday.

He clearly stated that hundreds of HMMWVs are being used in Iraq without proper armour.

Yeah I heard it too.

Also 10.000 of the 12.000 soldiers don't wear body armor crazy_o.gif

Parents are sending their children body armor from the US crazy_o.gif

It's good for something but just not for front lines troop transport. It's got excellent handling for slopes n stuff and can repel most bullets, almost never flips over, but its just not good for combat where the enemy has rpgs n stuff. Heavy ordinance. So yeah its good for something. Maybe if you're a soldier in America and you want to knock on someones door and tell them their son has died, but not to send a soldier into a battlefield. So depending on how its used it can look stupid. Just like bombs, alot of iraqis talk about us being terrorists because the bombs keep missing. Alot of those general are stupid for using bombs in heavily populated areas, as if they don't care about human loss if the humans have brown skin. If I were an Iraqi i can honestly say that'd piss me off too, and thats exactly how they feel based on what ive heard from their mouths on many documentaries especially from the Afghanis, both who did and did not support the Taliban. It's all about application, and we as America will always be looked down upon for having all these great weapons, but not being able to use them correctly to the benefit of both the freedom fighters and the civillians if we don't learn to apply them correctly. I feel that those people in the military must be cruel to use bombs in heavily populated areas because even i know that you can't count on what somebody says of a bombs radius, or its trajectory, its a friggin heavy object that is capable of missing and hurting people who are very close to target, so one must be more surgical and use soldiers at times when they'd love to be lazier and use bombs for the sake of the civillians at least.

But back on topic, the U.S. needs to do research on an effective armored personnel carrier, that can withstand several direct rpg rounds.

does anybody know why the U.S. army hasn't been using more of those ASV-150's? i posted a pic of one a while ago:

asv-234.jpg

this thing looks more than capable of taking some hits.

kombat_3_b2516141934.jpg

btw who makes that cool looking vehicle? is it russian?

I want the Fennek as a civillian version, It would surely look great. And this thing has REAL armour

http://www.btinternet.com/~jmcgroves/fennek.jpg

http://www.dae.tmfweb.nl/fennek/fenneczand.jpg.jpg

http://www.dae.tmfweb.nl/fennek/fenneknl.jpg

Don't think it will be usefull since it was developed as a scout vehicle sad_o.gif

I think the Israeli Achzarit, Puma or Zelda 2 will be usefull:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons....it.html