Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

ORCS RF Motorized Riflemen

Yes, exactly.

And equipping the existing models differently doesn't work too well. The best "normal" one in green is the auto-rifleman, but even then you've got a "rifleman" with a black-mag'ed weapon wearing a brown-mag RPK ammo vest. Not to mention his popup still saying "Automatic Rifleman". Its easier making an all brown squad as there are more models to pick from.

But this is why I suggested making a generalized model called "soldier", one in each pattern, which editors could then use to equip accordingly. That would address the issue quite nicely, IMO.

Ironically, the pack includes *drivers* in both sets of cammies, but not any of the combat soldiers?!

I say this and I meen it, I wouldn't mind and probably prefere, to have two or three sets of textures for every model even knowing that this could make the addon file size two or three times biger, but because of the quality and potencial of the addon, I wouldn't mind to download such a big file.

The only problem would be how patience the 56Kers would be.

@CERO.

Oh, the problem will not be on the guy that will or will not download,

As making a lot more textures for each models will take a big amount of extra time and extra work, maybe the modders would prefer to move on to another project instead of being stuck with the same addon again.

I just downloaded these units, I got Lasers Rangers, so I thought it was a good idea to get these units.

But I was wondering if the same addonmaker, have made other units, vehicles to go with these Motorized Riflemen, or other units by other addon makers, I dont have much good russian addons, and I want to build up a good Russian army in the editor.

Thank's Mr. Reality smile_o.gif

Downřoading now.

It Looks Nice

Tried to take a looke at orcs homepage, but it's all in russian sad_o.gif

Do the Hi, Mid, and Low resolution models all work with each other? I mean, do the Low resolution show up for someone ith the lowres download, but the same unit is high res for a player that got the highres download?

Do the Hi, Mid, and Low resolution models all work with each other? I mean, do the Low resolution show up for someone ith the lowres download, but the same unit is high res for a player that got the highres download?

No. You have to choose which resolution models you want to use. They all have the same PBO file names.

Do NOT choose the hi-res models. ORCS has said in the past that they are heavy laggers. Great for pics but that's about it.

That's a new fixed& updated version.

It doesn't work with old weaponpack.

Perhaps it's better to start another topic, or ppl can make a mistake with files.

i downloaded the update to test it with Y2K3 make sure it was still compatable.. .good news is: they are.

bad news is: they are worse crazy_o.gif

the last version.. with one squad on the desert island... just me and 8 other guys... when i turn around and looked at all 8 guys in veiw (no moving no shooting just standing) get 22 fps

this new version, same models, same deal... i get 8-10 fps... and im using the "low res" version.

so if its all the same to yall im gonna keep the old version

Maybe you have DX 486 66 Mhz CPU... I have 28 fps with 3 squads from High-Res version on Desert Island on my 1.9 GGz Athlon XP with 512 Ram & Radeon 9500.

Medium resolution ver. is equival to VDV 2.0 pack.

Maybe this is weaponpack lags, i increased shadows' LODs to 350-400 polys...

1.5GHZ PC with 256 megs of ram, GFX 5200 (128 meg) try again wink_o.gif

not even using your weapons. using diffent set of weapons on em.

i think that you perhaps sliped the high res addon into the low res rar. wink_o.gif

24 megs for a "low res" addon? rock.gif which inclines me to think the pbo's were switched

the last version.. with one squad on the desert island... just me and 8 other guys... when i turn around and looked at all 8 guys in veiw (no moving no shooting just standing) get 22 fps

this new version, same models, same deal... i get 8-10 fps... and im using the "low res" version.

I've just done the same test with the HI Res version i've just downloaded, but i used 13 men including me.I got 42 Fps  tounge_o.gif .

fps42.jpg

I've also used the same test with the Low and Med versions and i got an Fps of 37 on both... crazy_o.gif.now i don't know which ones to use..

Whats these soldiers primary role in real life, or where can i learn about the many units in the russian military in the english language?

So the motorized infantry are regular troops, using in various ground operations. Just simple soldiers. I think, that "U.S. Army soldiers" will be direct analog...

Please next time release a self contained addon so that all the required addons for it to work are included. If you find this a message then I'm referring to the ORCS MVD and I apologize but if I'm correct then yeah.

Not very soon. Personally i think, that the next large release will be Zil-131 v.2.0. And after that - some armor.

@ Oct. 22 2004,01:30)]Not very soon. Personally i think, that the next large release will be Zil-131 v.2.0. And after that - some armor.

keep the model paths the the same as the current one please ghostface.gif

just like you did with the soldiers wink_o.gif

would be very much appreciated smile_o.gif