Hello all.

Extraction and I are working on a Joint NAVY SEAL project,

Extraction is constructing the desert,CQB,and miscellaneous

Seal models. I am doing the woodland SEALS and the SEAL

weapons. Use this thread to discuss my Woodland SEALS and

weapon systems.

I need a texture artist, so I can complete my woodland Seals

and the weapons for the package.

Here are a few pictures of my work, the most current being the top picture.

I will post more pictures in the near future as work progresses.

-Drill Sergeant

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/sniper_skull/Pictures/M4.jpg

http://dsaddons.4t.com/Point%20man.jpg

http://dsaddons.4t.com/Team%20leader%202.jpg

http://dsaddons.4t.com/Team%20leader.jpg

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~upload....L_2.jpg

Very good job , but i don't understand why are you creating a new M4 , there's already a lot of M4 on web unclesam.gif

You know I was really hoping you weren't going to say that

because I am doing more then a M4. Also all the m4's out

there do not have the detail level this one does.

Secondly this m4 model is done along with tons of accessory's

which you won't find all of the same quality in the same spot.

It's a little late to turn back any of the weapons which the

woodland Seals will use, simply because I have made them

already all to the same detail level.

Hence it will be much smoother. The M4 in OFP is simply

talked about allot and not so much released. M4's come

out with a few addons and people assume they are all the same..

Why make "all these" m4's ? Because the authors want uniformity between the addons. Also take a good look

at that m4, it's unlike any other.

someone here should learn a little about game engines and modern pc capabilities crazy_o.gif

dont you think that making so detailed models is not very smart thing ?

dont you think that profesional game developers would make them so detailed if that would be the smart thing to do ?

eee

dont answer me, i know you are stobern.

have fun making pointless things biggrin_o.gif

I have a utility building to build in the back yard and a room to remodel.. I'll buy that 25 dollar frameing hammer instead of that ram.

...please behave. If you wish to disagree on a point, do it in a POLITE manner...

"Have fun making pointless things" is NOT polite...

...1st/last warning...

rock.gif

From what i've seen DS' models have always been extremely high poly. What DS needs to learn is that you can do most of the detail on textures, and if your textures are good enough you dont even NOTICE the needless detail on the model smile_o.gif

Thats a lesson i was taught along time ago wink_o.gif

Honestly, once textures are applied, it wont look much different to any other M4 wow_o.gif despite all the extra time spent.

ANYWAY, the SEALS look like they have some potential smile_o.gif

Yea i love hipoly stuff please tell me the polycount of the weapons and units,.. i only have 930 mhz and gf2mx and i play with weapons with a polycount from 1000 up to 3000 polys with hundrets of tanks and helos and so on and i have only small problems. And if someone say there are tausends of m4 out there than he has right its my point to but these weapons are selfmade and no ****ing, **** CS inports who everyone can do.

@Drill Sergeant & Extraction please go the hideteil way it is the right way take a look to the vbs1 stuff many thinks are hideteil too there.

its good ur making ur own m4s but are they going to be correctly scaled like earls m4s?

Please people, if You don't like it don't download it and choose another thread.

"not another M4", please spare us this whinning.

Major Fubar, can I ask for a rule? If one whines or writes useless remarks in the style presented the post should be deleted.

There is so much talk about it. It is enough already.

I've been thinking about this....i doubt you will find anyone who will want to texture such high poly weapons...i know i wouldnt want to...if you are a texturer you will know what i mean, it becomes harder to make textures that match all these little grooves and holes on the weapon, and making just one texture would take AGES....a better way is just to get rid of the uneccessary detail and do the detail with textures instead, its alot easier than going ridiculously high detail, in many cases actually LOOKS better, and saves alot of memory....and you might actually get someone to help you.

Just a suggestion. smile_o.gif

I've been thinking about this....i doubt you will find anyone who will want to texture such high poly weapons...i know i wouldnt want to...if you are a texturer you will know what i mean, it becomes harder to make textures that match all these little grooves and holes on the weapon, and making just one texture would take AGES....a better way is just to get rid of the uneccessary detail and do the detail with textures instead, its alot easier than going ridiculously high detail, in many cases actually LOOKS better, and saves alot of memory....and you might actually get someone to help you.

Just a suggestion.  smile_o.gif

I want to texture this no question about it. It is just a bigger challenge.

Guys if you think DS weapons are too high poly once it is released there is 2 things.

1-Don't download the pack.

2-Change in config the weapons to any other weapon pack you like.

Really there is no need to tell DS his weapons are high poly. DS wants everything perfect for the community wink_o.gif

DS has put many hours, days and weeks work to make these weapons wink_o.gif

Gordy I saw your weapon pack and it was really nice wink_o.gif

Contact DS from MSN or PM him.

The weapons look very good, are they scaled right? That .50 cal looks very big.

The only M4's i have in OPF now are Earl's, they are not conversions and they fit with the game, i want DS's modified, custom M4's too, they look very good and i like the extra acessories/kit mounted on them, keep up the good work Drill Sergeant, cant wait smile_o.gif .

I can see BIS boot textures on the seals, i hope you guys will retexture/change these too.

one thing about your M4...sweet  smile_o.gif   It does look too high poly, but i'd have to give credit to it cuz it's SERIOUSLY one of the VERY FEW m4s that actually had some thought that went behind it.  It has the special foregrip thingy that seals use, it has a charger grip, a spec ops iron site, spec ops mounted aimpoint scope...very realistic model. Sadley, this alone won't change alot of ppls attitudes towards more M4s sad_o.gif

Why not make the SEAL's m4 carbine, like this one    This one doesn't have an rail on the upper receiver, but most do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/m4.jpg

[Please keep images sizes 100kb or below - Fubar]

one thing about your M4...sweet  smile_o.gif   It does look too high poly, but i'd have to give credit to it cuz it's SERIOUSLY one of the VERY FEW m4s that actually had some thought that went behind it.  It has the special foregrip thingy that seals use, it has a charger grip, a spec ops iron site, spec ops mounted aimpoint scope...very realistic model. Sadley, this alone won't change alot of ppls attitudes towards more M4s sad_o.gif

Why not make the SEAL's m4 carbine, like this one    This one doesn't have an rail on the upper receiver, but most do.

]http://img.photobucket.com/albums....]

In SF is all about effectivness. That's why more and more they use flat tops. It's due to enable them to use diff optic mounts and use one weapon with different options.

This m4 should u showed - u can mount on it any optic + an/peq2 + foregrip + tac light.

On flap top u can also mount a m203 grenade launcher without loosing any of the above.

In SF is all about effectivness. That's why more and more they use flat tops. It's due to enable them to use diff optic mounts and use one weapon with different options.

This m4 should u showed - u can mount on it any optic + an/peq2 + foregrip + tac light.

On flap top u can also mount a m203 grenade launcher without loosing any of the above.

Gordy what are you talking about? smile_o.gif have you forgotten what a flattop is? The flattop only does so that you can remove the standard carry handle/rearsight from you gun and add another sight insted. And the gun on the picture can have all those things mounted even if you have a M203 I have seen that you can even buy a foregrip to a M203, only in my eyes it looks a bit unhandy. smile_o.gif

STGN

Gory what are you talking about? smile_o.gif have you forgotten what a flattop is? The flattop only does so that you can remove the standard carry handle/rearsight from you gun and add another sight insted. And the gun on the picture can have all those things mounted even if you have a M203 I have seen that you can even buy a foregrip to a M203, only in my eyes it looks a bit unhandy. smile_o.gif

STGN

sure u can, but it looks better on flap top. wink_o.gif .

I was messing with ya. In fact I even saw a guy who had a foregrip mounted sideways. And one even doesn't have to remove the handle since there are numerous mounts for it to carry optics.

I said this cause I preffer flat tops. Sorry.

The weapons look very good, are they scaled right? That .50 cal looks very big.

The only M4's i have in OPF now are Earl's, they are not conversions and they fit with the game, i want DS's modified, custom M4's too, they look very good and i like the extra acessories/kit mounted on them, keep up the good work Drill Sergeant, cant wait smile_o.gif .

I can see BIS boot textures on the seals, i hope you guys will retexture/change these too.

What you mean with BIS boot textures the shoes rock.gif

Here is a picture of Seal sport shous

New Boots

Don't take offence extraction, i was only pointing something out rock.gif

Gordy, go for it.