Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

18-wheeler

I want to show you some pictures of my truck, a Peterbilt 18-wheeler, called "Tater Salad."  The interior of the truck couldn't be finished and i can't do textures on my computer, so any help is welcomed.  I also want to add more guages with more real life mechanical problems dealing with 18-wheelers...yes, it would be complicated because trucks in real life ARE complicated smile_o.gif Sadley (due to ofp engine limitations) I couldn't add alot of things that I wanted to...like a manuel transmission with 15 gears. tounge_o.gif

some features of the truck

-all sounds are custom made

-animated cab doors

-animated trailer doors

-animated trailer jack

-animated drive shaft (the thingy that spins)

-animated windsheild wipers

-animated back up lights

-back up alert (annoying beeping)

-working gas guage

-working gas light indicator

-detail model with lots of interesting stuff

-somewhat working trailer script

-an odd, egotistical feeling you get driving next to wee iddy biddy tiny cars.   tounge_o.gif

pete1.jpg

pete22.jpg

pete4.jpg

pete5.jpg

pete3.jpg

pete7.jpg

Lookin nice..

would be cool to hi-jack some in a mission  biggrin_o.gif

I'm not the greatest of texturers.. but I do know how , and this looks soo close to being done...

I could probably put a few things together and at least see what you thought of it...

It doesn't look like it would take too long from what I see in the pics either way

What I like best?

The TEXAS plate!

'Tater Salad' ay? Watching the 'Blue collar comedy hour' a bit? tounge_o.gif Shweet rig! nice detail.

*Time to smuggle some chinese into the northern nogova province...*

I could help you some...send me an email:

bmgarcangel@yahoo.com

Oh and yes, i know i'm giving my email out...like i care....i don't

Lookin great Delta Hawk. How does the transport script work; what can be loaded?

Looking great!!! Hey, would be cool if the radio would also work... with some good ole western country music, lol! tounge_o.gif

glad you guys like it smile_o.gif Alot of hard work and time went into this, esp. by DaSquad. When i release it, i plan on releaseing it with a mission with a couple country songs.

The cab is very detailed and has alot of stuff, and there's a couple external parts need to be done. It doesn't have any cargo scripts, just boxes with spacers in the back.

Hey

Got that email dude! Sent it back with a bunch of snaps of shiiet that i've done!

~Bmg

Combat Ready Moderator

Ps. i'll fix your wheel ;)

Wow, very nice work. Should be nice to play around with and I'm looking forward to seeing how the trailer works.

The cab is very detailed and has alot of stuff, and there's a couple external parts need to be done. It doesn't have any cargo scripts, just boxes with spacers in the back.

What's the "Load Trailer" action for then? Hitching it up to the cab?

@ Crowley: yes, that's what that means.

About the truck: It works fairly nice except for a few bugs like:

1.The hookup doesn't matchup with the hitch.

2.Trailer will not angle when going up/down hills.

3.Trailer does not go over bridges.

4.The windscreen wiper action keeps piling up after a while so you get lots of "Windscreen Wiper On" actions in your menu.

Aside from those few bugs its a charm. And like Delta said, You get that "King of the Road" feeling when sitting/driving next to a tiny car biggrin_o.gif .

NEVER!!!!!! IT'S ALL OURS. MUHAHAHAHAHA! *evilbutlerlaugh* tounge_o.gif  I can't answer your question on that one Fart-Nark ;). You'd have to talke to Delta about it.

i can't really say what the release date for the truck is going to be, i guess a beta could be release when i get the cab textured. I don't know.