Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Canadians, I need your help!

well, who the f*** hires Comp. Engineers in this area.  tounge_o.gif  Stupid system. mad_o.gif

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca

And as a Computer Engineering graduate you get a $10000 bonus for signing a couple of years of your life away to the reserves wink_o.gif. No joke, I've been thinking if things get bad enough, I just might. At least the Conservatives didn't win, and I don't see Canadian troops being sent to Iraq anytime soon. Hell, right now, with no student loan coming my way, I'm not even sure I'll have the money this coming September to go back to college part time. Going to the bank tomorrow and seeing if I can get a $900 loan, but I think they'll say without a co-signor I can go screw myself. Like you said, great system smile_o.gif.

No way José, Paul Martin is no Stephen Harper, but he's still a bit too cozy with Bush biggrin_o.gif. If I was going to loan him my ass at all, it'd be part time, and for the minimum time required.

*edit* That and the experiences of a friend of mine who joined up, messed up his knee during a training exersize, and was sent to his family doctor after being told it wasn't the Army's problem.

well, who the f*** hires Comp. Engineers in this area. tounge_o.gif Stupid system. mad_o.gif

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca

And as a Computer Engineering graduate you get a $10000 bonus for signing a couple of years of your life away to the reserves wink_o.gif. No joke, I've been thinking if things get bad enough, I just might. At least the Conservatives didn't win, and I don't see Canadian troops being sent to Iraq anytime soon.

Haha, shut up man (about the forces), I mean I don't mind the training and shooting business, and defending Canada or Peackeeping if I had to, but I just can't trust Canadians not to elect Conservatives quite soon. In pure honesty one of the main reasons I'm not there now is I found out 7 years ago just how badly WW2 vets were and are treated by the Govt. of Canada. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be humiliated after putting my life on the line. biggrin_o.gif But you're right, every time I went for a piss I stared at that poster, and it is a great opportunity if you can agree with the principle.

Quote[/b] ] Hell, right now, with no student loan coming my way, I'm not even sure I'll have the money this coming September to go back to college part time. Going to the bank tomorrow and seeing if I can get a $900 loan, but I think they'll say without a co-signor I can go screw myself. Like you said, great system smile_o.gif.
sad_o.gif Oh man that's bad, and you're almost finished. I would lend you the money in a second, but I'm under the knife too sort of speak, same system, same shit. I don't want to get personal on public forums eh, but I know you work hard and it shouldn't be like this. If we were in Sweden, college is paid for, except you buy the books and get a loan to cover everything, i mean they have a systsm that really works in terms of finances.

My main beef with "the system" is the program sizes in COmp Eng or Science with repsect to available graduate jobs. I mean the ratio is and was insane, there are not enough positions, so why allow people in the programs if you can't use em. crazy_o.gif It's a kind of dillema/moral issue, but under communism these problems didn't exist, so a blend would be interesting.

Bah, thanks, but I would never accept that kind of money from anyone outside my immediate family. I hate owing people $20, let alone $900. I'll see if I can get a loan, and meanwhile I'm looking for a second crappy job. If anything my girfriend will be able to help me out somewhat.

Hello all Canadians out there

I am currently pondering accepting a job offer i Canada, Montreal to be specific. The only issue is salary. Now, I dont have any idea what the cost of living in Canada is compared to Sweden. So I was hoping you could give me some basic ideas of prices.

Gasoline

Milk

Coca Cola

Dog food

Beer

Bread

Spagetti

Coffee

Tea

Soap

Tooth paste

Apartment rents

Hardware appliances

PC games

CD's

DVD's

Clothes

Well, you get the idea.

Any help is mighty appretiated!

Gasoline - too much

Milk- about 4 bucks for 4 litres

Coca Cola - almost 2 bucks for a small bottle now wow_o.gif

Dog food - 5-10 bucks for a medium bag probably

Beer- 20 bucks for 12 shitty ones

Bread- couple bucks

Spagetti- dirt cheap, $1.30 probably

Coffee - 3-4 bucks maybe

Tea - only brits and pussies drink it (lol j/k) but i dont know$$

Soap - couple bucks

Tooth paste -  couple bucks

Apartment rents - $1000 a month - 2 bedroom shithole

Hardware appliances -

PC games - 60 - 80 bucks

CD's - 20 bucks

DVD's - 20 bucks

Clothes - 50-100 bucks for shirts or pants

this is BC tho, montreal could be totally different.

come to Vancouver BC, its the best place in Canada, as far west and south as you can get and still be in Canada.

smile_o.gif

http://images.google.ca/images?....&tab=wi

no snow unless you go up to a ski mountain, no mooses unless ou drive into the mountains, we're far enuff and close enuff to everything here. It rocks.

plus the west coast is alot more "with it", or modern, or American-ized or whatever you want to call it.

I have an ex girlfriend in BC........

Anyways, move to the Czech Republic instead......

Pepsi Max - 25.50CEK

Carton Gitanes - 600CEK

Douple Pack Ham Frozen Pizza 59.90CEK

That's all you need wink_o.gif

When I went to Montreal, soda was about $2 canadian from a machine. Thankfully there's a $2 coin that makes the process way too easy for a change-fumbling bill-folding American like myself.

Its normally a 1.50 or less in most machines I see here in my area(GTA) and at school.

It's actually about .50 to 1$ for the cans, normall 1.00+ for the bottles.

Yeah generally it's 30% to 100% more expensive at campus. Which is why I never bough anything (food wise) on campus during my Comp. Eng. studies. biggrin_o.gif

And I pay 2EUR (3.22CAN) for a 1.5l pepsi bottle. sad_o.gif

Yea, for poison biggrin_o.gif but how much is Kaviar smile_o.gif

Our price is $4.30 CDN per one of those ABBA KALLES tubes.

I live about 50-60 kilometers from Montreal altho I live in the United States.We used to go to Montreal quite often and I do know that things are somewhat expensive there compared to here.

Alot of Canadians travel to the US to get some things so at worse case you can buy some things here if you wanted to,its not very far.

edit : oh , we travel to Canada on ocassion to get things like dental work done cheaper

I think both sides of the Border usually cross to get some things. I've seen Americans buying all sorts of things, like  certain foods, up here that you can't get down there. And vica versa.

I even read an article in the paper recently on that. Pretty interesting. From toilets to candy bars.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, medicine is expensive here, BUT, compared to the states and some of the EU it's cheap.

Standard Atibiotic in penicilin family for 5 day dose is approx $45. Watch out, get insurance, seriously get dental and drug insurance.

$3.99-$4.59 for a regular 4 litre bag, if you want some fancy "organic milk" nonsense, $7.99

You sell milk in a bag rock.gif dont you sell it in carton's rock.gif

Bags.

White plastic bags, hold same amount of carton. You also buy a blue bag holder. Place bag in holder, cut corner of bag, and pour.

I've never seen or heard of Milk being sold in bags. rock.gif or even heard of Milk dispenser machine's. Man. I got to go outside more often smile_o.gif

Yeah it's in bags, I am unsure however if the cartons are not more ecologically safe. Cartons decompose very easily, and only a _thin_ layer of plastic/aluminum coating may be inside a carton.

PS: pouring Milk from bags sucks compared to a carton smile_o.gif

Edit: Well Canadians are one of the top trash producers per capita, and I mean that in 2 variations. biggrin_o.gif If you want trashy spoiled girls, head here, lots to go around. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you want trashy spoiled girls, head here, lots to go around.

Do they like loud Aussie types rock.giftounge_o.gif

Only thing about bags of Milk is that they seem so Unhygineic smile_o.gif

Hmm not sure if they like that type of Aussie, but I'm sure some do.

It's not hygenic when it spills from the bag into the container, reaks of dead (insert animal name here) if you don't wash the container after any spileage. biggrin_o.gif

Only thing about bags of Milk is that they seem so Unhygineic smile_o.gif

How's that?

It's a sealed, plastic bag that is stored in another larger plastic bag with two other sealed white plastic milk filled bags.

Of course, the blue container smells a little funky if you don't clean it out if you spill anything. Either than that, it seems easier to store that cartons. Seems cheaper too, if I remember right from living in the US.

the old milk bag style eh... damn eastcoasters :P

we got the 4 litre/1 gallon jugs out here