Sign in to follow this  
agentkiller12

Bad news

*** APPLAUSE*****TheMarshal=TOB=!! Well said!. No worries about youth, agent..we all gotta start somewhere and might as well start now..find out the real reasons why u cant get a team together..then act on it..never cry over spilt milk, find out why the milk spilt and then take the necessary steps to make sure the milk dont spilt again  crazy_o.gif ...Give the kids a break, guys..some of them might just grow up to be the next president or general of armies..what better learning ground to guide them than here whereby all ages are gathered here in celebration of war as a shield of peace?

PS: lol! The stormtrooper with the funny legs was by me! tounge_o.gif .

*** APPLAUSE*****TheMarshal=TOB=!! Well said!.

You mean you actually read all of that post.. tounge_o.gif .LOL

........argh..........fucking...grr....i know many mod leaders who cant do shit and they have great mods......you dont HAVE to have any skills

mmm k. wrong answer, lets have a look:

1. BAS - Tigershark. Cant do anything? nonsense. he can texture.

2. FDF - MikkoFin and Kegetys. Talentless? I think not.

3. CSLA - Maa. Cant do shit? U ought to get shot if u say that.

4. Invasion 44 - (was) Sussmorri now jojimbo (if im not mistaken). The first was a very talented mission maker the second has talent in practically everyfield.

5. DigitalGrenade - They wern't called Suchey and Earl for nothin.

6. Combat! - all members have some form of talent.

and any other GOOD mod has a leader that knows how things work otherwise u look like ur running a slave factory. So put some effort into it and lear something. But hey it dont have to be modeling or texturing, try scripting and coding, or sound design, whatever its still equally usefull but much easier to master.

bravo mate, i praise you!  Good come back!

Anyhow, back to topic. Like i said, get learning how to make addons.....people started getting pissed at me when i was trying to get all these people to join up so i had to learn addon making, basic texturing, configing, scripting, advanced mission making skills (including cam scripting)...........so get out the old tutorials and start the work yourself!.

Don't have other people do the work for you in your mod, because if you do that then you can't have a mod because everyone will disrespect you like shiiet. A mod is not a monarchy or some kind of dictatorship where the mod leader sits up high and tells everyone to do his dirty work. The Mod Leader Most get involved for if he does not he is not worth of the position.

~Bmg

Combat-Ready Moderator

Leader of TFW:CIK Modification

Ey dont forget me

Nightstalker: I model, texture, config...well everything but animate and script.....

And regarding Mav, UKF co leader.....when your making UK units, an ex British Para is as valuable as an addon maker!

actually... there is a mod co-leader who doesn't know how to build stuff, but he's an excellent mod leader (well, co-leader) - he's an advisor as well, so thats kinda doing something, but Mav from P:UKF doesnt model, texture, code - but he is an invaluable source of info...

So is that why your stuff takes longer to come out.because your a man down.. tounge_o.gif ..just kidding dude..

lol... no, because we pride ourselves on quality not quantity - any egit can churn out 100 addons a month, and they'll all be piss-poor - we decided to make quality units, with quality textures, and brought a new feature to ofp, not seen before, working bayonets smile_o.gif

and Like pathy said - his experiences and knowledge of the ukf armed forces in general and of a whole lot of other army trivia is invaluable to modelers, texturers, scripters and mission editors alike

I think WW2EC may be a good example that at some points in time ,the leaders aren't necessary modmakers,but have good organizational skills and leadership quailities.WW2EC isn't a good example tho as its a gathering of addonmakers.

I am capable of doing most any part of addonmaking but yet have a hard time finding help because of the era and theme of the mod.Not very much interest in it apparantly.

Prolly the same situation with a Star Wars mod

Just keep at it

Im understanding it a bit more now....i tryed to learn to make addons but......i keep messing up on textures in the tutorial

i tryed like....*counts* about 6 times so....anyone can give me some pointers? wink_o.gif

hmm

dont give up a textures tounge_o.gif

i give u some help here

1st extract dozer an do2 into ONE folder

2nd run oxy and pop up windows

path to the oxygen its lef should look sth liek htis

( mine is : C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Oxygen

the one for dozer is

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Oxygen\ buldozer.exe -dx -noland -window)

u dont need to run a second bat file or so liek explained on brssebs tuts

meeses things up

if texturing

check if texture has sizes of 2 (4x4 512x256 etc)

is it paa pac tga gif?

thats basically it

i dont make addons, and i suffer constantly for it, it takes a shitload of time to run a mod, but it takes equal the amount of time just to get people to make addons, so u might as well learn yourself unless you have a good right hand addon making man who is dedicated and driven to make good addons for u, luckily i have Offtime, but i am a designer/texturer and the mod leader so i stay busy, a mod leader NEEDS some real skills to add to the team, otherwise why woudl anyone listen to him?

and Cympathy... not to talk down on people who arent around, but he was in our mod and didnt ever produce.

but good luck.

unless you have a good right hand addon making man who is dedicated and driven to make good addons for u.

We all need a good right hand when times are bad... tounge_o.gif but to get someone else to do it for you,well hats off to you dude... biggrin_o.gif

unless you have a good right hand addon making man who is dedicated and driven to make good addons for u.

We all need a good right hand when times are bad... tounge_o.gif but to get someone else to do it for you,well hats off to you dude... biggrin_o.gif

Yea i have a vision,

i lead

i guess im a manipulative bastard too

plus, Offtime is as much a leader of the mod as i am, hes the addon leader, he does that side, any textures he needs, Sgt Stryker is our main texture guy, and i do textures as well, im also a graphic designer and an artist, i have creative control over the mod, its appearance, how it will be executed in the release, how the camapigns will go, i coordinate stuff and plan our destiny.

and who are u? anyone?

making a mod, is not making addons,

thats making addons...

making a mod is making a game... a playable campaign, with new addons to use in it...

thats how i see it anyway.

@ Drow

I was just making a wry comment.I wasn't having a pop at you..Have you not got a sense of humour... wink_o.gif Maybe you should re-read my original post.

Quote[/b] ]We all need a good right hand when times are bad...  but to get someone else to do it for you,well hats off to you dude...

Well.....hey guys and gals......the clone wars mod had finaly...come to a end sad_o.gif because our damn addon maker slacked off....anyway...we might try to get back up but its unlikley.....thanks for the support though! wink_o.gif

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread merged into here.

Don't blame your addon maker, i've worked in a situation where i'm the only, or one of the only, people making addons, and if the leader cant be arsed to do anything but be bossy, then its not exactly motivating rock.gif I don't blame your addon maker. You should blame yourself instead.

eh blow off mate i tryed to do addons but i cant i keep telling you that.. mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif and im not bossy...i asked him to make a simple rifle and weg ot him textures and he didnt make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we were waiting for a month

Still you can hardly critisize him when you were too "lazy" to learn yourself, instead you just stood there on the side expecting him to do it......

@ agent

contact me

i give u sth to work on if u still wont to do star wars

and stop shouting u cant model

i have a friend who coudl even model a cube from scratch... (!!!)

and now hes quite good

and that only took a month or so

nephilim your not talking about me again are you?

All it takes is practice to model something good

Or maybe u only have to find some sources to get models from other games imported into ofp, and your mod is finished. Seems to work quite well biggrin_o.gif

Btw if u want to learn something about modelin' try to edit some models

Good luck

regards,

Charon

haha.

haters  biggrin_o.gif

its not like the entire mod is taken from other games, we work on this shit nearly everyday... where would all that time go if there was no work involved.