Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

Recommended Requirements

Anyone know yet what the requirements may be for OFP2? I have an older system and plan on upgrading. I just hope it will be good enough to run OFP2 smoothly. I now have:

1.1 CPU

512 ram

SB live value

Nvidia FX 128mb video card

My question is, should I replace both the motherboard and processor, or replace only the processor for the upgrade?

It's a Dell computer and would you suggest replacing these with only Dell products?

Thanks for any tips, Kdog~

DO NOT buy dell stuff unless you like getting ripped off and talked down to like youre some sort of moron.

Dell - good for people buying their first PC. Bad for value for money. Bad for customer support with anything more advanced than 'check the monitor is plugged in.'

i agree with your signature  smile_o.gif

get a good friend who can answer your questions about hardware  , then put together your own system.

EDIT: but never make a topic with "wich is better, Nvidia or ATI?" here , i've been traumatised by them! crazy_o.gif .

out of AMD or Intel i can say i've tried both, and liked my old Intel better...

Well the video card is staying in and was given to me; can't beat that deal no matter which brand it is. My question is it better to replace both the mother board AND processor, and what are the requirements..

Imaginary requirements

Based on my professional guess

1.6 Ghz

512 Mb RAM

DX9 capable card

2-3 Gb HDD space (excluding 3rd party software)

I could easily expect this from OFP 2 as minimum requirements, although I have no clue as to what the truth is. My idea is, despite graphically overwhelming, like HalfLife 2, it will still be capable of running on older (compared to release of game) hardware.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by voicing my personal guess.

As a professional imaginator, Pong? biggrin_o.gif

Well, my current system can struggle with Resistance at times, depending on the settings. I've little doubt that OFP2 will be a little more efficient in its delivery, but it'll be fitting a whole lot more in, if for no reason than to remain competitive.

An interview with BIS said that it will be designed to work good with a 2 ghz CPU, but that can of course change...mm, so my new P4 2,8 should handle it just fine. smile_o.gif