Sign in to follow this  
ManiacMike

M4 Pack

then give me examples of why we need 70+ variations of the same rifle? wow, it has protective plates, does that bring anything to OFP? no... nothing, nada, bollocks all.

yes, textures could be improved on some of the addons packs out there, but what leg do you have to stand on saying they were 'unsatisfying' when i struggle to recall all the amazing addons you yourself have released over the last year

here's an idea, don't go off on your hissy fit before asking yourself, 'could i do better?'

so, yes, he does want to do better, and good on him... but why not do better with something original, thats all i say - there are still lots of things missing from ofp, and it sure as well ain't M4's. Earl's weapons were top notch, and the textures are still great today - SJB weapons also are very high quality...

then give me examples of why we need 70+ variations of the same rifle? wow, it has protective plates, does that bring anything to OFP? no... nothing, nada, bollocks all.

yes, textures could be improved on some of the addons packs out there, but what leg do you have to stand on saying they were 'unsatisfying' when i struggle to recall all the amazing addons you yourself have released over the last year

here's an idea, don't go off on your hissy fit before asking yourself, 'could i do better?'

so, yes, he does want to do better, and good on him... but why not do better with something original, thats all i say - there are still lots of things missing from ofp, and it sure as well ain't M4's. Earl's weapons were top notch, and the textures are still great today - SJB weapons also are very high quality...

Why don't u give me an example of what is missing weaponwise for US Army. U keep throwing crap at me and saying general stuff. Be precise.

What i did? I can show you what I did. And u show me yours. OK? I started with BIS forum this year and addon making just few months ago.

We'll compare our works.

Now I want details like those I mentioned. U don't so don't use it.

who said anything about the US army, and who said weapons? I said he could better put his time to makign stuff needed... Destroyers, Frigates, Zodiacs (we havnt got a great pack at all yet) then onto other arenas... how about the Steyr? not many of those out... handguns havnt been explores a whole lot either, why not some Sauer or Browning HP? What about patriot systems, SAM sites, more buildings that we need, oilrigs (although Klink is on that one i beleive) - how about developing new ideas, like multiple weapons on boats, reflective water etc (all done now, but just an idea of what i mean). How about the skycrane chopper, how about a tristar jet, how about a Saxon APC, how about a hell of a lot of things....

as for my addons? i'm part of a team, we work together on one addon at a time... thats how it works. DPM pack being our first release... next on my agenda is 539 Assault Commando i.e Rigid Raiders etc etc <--- another example of whats missing from ofp... and anyhow, i never complained about textures and quality of addons, you did - if you want to complain, prove you can do better - the day my textures are better than Earls, i may day somethin, but i doubt i ever will - maybe you should consider the same line of thought?

i could do this all day... and if you've only just started addon making, you still dont have a leg to stand on about textures - making them is easy enough, making good ones is a skill - i'd like to see half the people on this forums make textures as good as Earls, including you.

who said anything about the US army, and who said weapons? I said he could better put his time to makign stuff needed... Destroyers, Frigates, Zodiacs (we havnt got a great pack at all yet) then onto other arenas... how about the Steyr? not many of those out... handguns havnt been explores a whole lot either, why not some Sauer or Browning HP? What about patriot systems, SAM sites, more buildings that we need, oilrigs (although Klink is on that one i beleive) - how about developing new ideas, like multiple weapons on boats, reflective water etc (all done now, but just an idea of what i mean). How about the skycrane chopper, how about a tristar jet, how about a Saxon APC, how about a hell of a lot of things....

as for my addons? i'm part of a team, we work together on one addon at a time... thats how it works. DPM pack being our first release... next on my agenda is 539 Assault Commando i.e Rigid Raiders etc etc <--- another example of whats missing from ofp...

i could do this all day... and if you've only just started addon making, you still dont have a leg to stand on about textures - making them is easy enough, making good ones is a skill - i'd like to see half the people on this forums make textures as good as Earls, including you.

Well, I said about US army and weapons. I lack this. I would do a MK V but it's a new ground for me.

As for steyr, I hate this crap. About sig I am also about to make P226 or P228 which is used by a GROM, for which I am making weapon pack.

I can agree with u about marine vessels. The more the better.

BTW check the combat photo thread for my weapon pack. wink_o.gif

aaah, i actually do remember those weapons - and ok, i'll back down on that indeed, because those sights were top notch, beautiful work - so you must understand its hard to make/find good textures.

hey, if the guy wants to make a better M4 pack, the good on him, he has vision and determination... but why not apply it onto something more original?

anyways, that was my 324 cents tounge_o.gif

Another M4 pack? You gotta be kidding me wow_o.gif

Pretty much 5,000 peoples view on this. Including my own.

Actually, at least 10,000 people. From Digital Grenade alone (add OFP.info et al to that total and the numbers are huge).

ofp.info has around 20.000 unique visitors every day (could be a little off).

And I love the Marine Assault Pack. Best infantry addon yet imo.

And I love the Marine Assault Pack. Best infantry addon yet imo.

Definetly, no other infantry pack addon delivered so much, for west and east wink_o.gif . And the weapons are tops, they are not conversions with jpegs, they actually "fit" with the game smile_o.gif .

You know, Hyakushiki's US Infantry Version 1.2 is top notch too. I think we need to build some 1980's weaponary for those troops, as you know we haven't created the one thing that alot of people have been longing for a long time now. 80's weapons, cwc crisises weapons that are top notch.

~Bmg

You know, Hyakushiki's US Infantry Version 1.2 is top notch too.  I think we need to build some 1980's weaponary for those troops, as you know we haven't created the one thing that alot of people have been longing for a long time now.  80's weapons, cwc crisises weapons that are top notch.  

~Bmg

are u trying to be funny or suggesting sth serious?

I can't tell at this very moment.

You know, Hyakushiki's US Infantry Version 1.2 is top notch too.  I think we need to build some 1980's weaponary for those troops, as you know we haven't created the one thing that alot of people have been longing for a long time now.  80's weapons, cwc crisises weapons that are top notch.  

~Bmg

Laser's latest Delta force pack contains a few of the weapons from CWC based off Earl's MAP weapons such as an M16A2 (with M203), an XM-733 and M-14.

I edited my HYK_USsol config.cpp to use them.

~Bmg

What about INQ CS Weapon Pack? Their dont fit Huk US Infantry?

I just want Huyk to like release a new pack of his soldiers with one of these weapons pack so everything can be more CWC era type stuff you know, i mean we all have modern stuff like the M4A1 and shit....in the 80s, the m4a1 wasn't even real...

~Bmg

What you guys are failing to understand what i am asking for is, I am looking for M4's with camo scemes.

Woodland and Desert camo.

WOW! you should have told us! Go to ofpec and look for BAS soldiers, not that hard to do you can do it yourself ya know...they have some good desert m4's...now go get them!

~Bmg

Those in LSR's Delta pack aren't bad in my opinion. Fast rate of fire, snappy, and effective. What's more they look decent too.

no ManiacMike is right.. there are no good Desert Camo'd M4's around.

and there will not be cause I am not releasing mine. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

and there will not be cause I am not releasing mine. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

What's up with that Gordy? Are they too good to share with the likes of scum like us, or what? rock.gif

Inquiring minds want to know. blues.gif

and there will not be cause I am not releasing mine.  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

You might want to rephrase that gords. People like me take it as you being a self-centered asshole. Another things, if you really are not going to release it then don't keep showing it off the the Combat Photography thread. The last thing people like is seeing someone bait them with an addon they will never use.

and there will not be cause I am not releasing mine.  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

What's up with that Gordy? Are they too good to share with the likes of scum like us, or what? rock.gif

Inquiring minds want to know.    blues.gif

That was a tease joke. Well, it seems noone is interested to see a new pack of M4s, so why bother (I am not suicidal). Before I would I'd have to ask permission for some of the textures I used. There just for a mag and a lower and stock black (I am confused cause after ripping a lots of addons not only OFP, i see the same very pack of textures rock.gif ).

Here is a woodland camo on. The acog mount shines ( rock.gif ) at night.

cam7.jpg

What about this or this ? There are also some M4 by Earl and some in inq_weapon pack quite enough for this weapon rock.gif

Again, that's only baiting people with an addon that you just said you're not going to release. That's kind of annoying, especially when its seen in OFP CP, looking done but with no information about possible release.