Sign in to follow this  
Monkey Lib Front

Doom 3 has gone GOLD!!!!!!!!!!

HalfLife was built on the Quake I source code, with heavily butchered Quake II code inside...

Still no Beavertooth in it  wink_o.gif

How did Id come up with that name for a chainsaw? LOL biggrin_o.gif

The chainsaw had a name?

It has a name?

Wait, don't tell me. Showing me the Imp(the bloodied one, so it wasnt too ruined) and Caco(not a clear pic, so its not ruined) was enough! Arrggh.

I just hope I get the chainsaw early in the game.

The chainsaw had a name?

It has a name?

Wait, don't tell me. Showing me the Imp(the bloodied one, so it wasnt too ruined) and Caco(not a clear pic, so its not ruined) was enough! Arrggh.

I just hope I get the chainsaw early in the game.

Yes, that is the name of it.

aaah yes, cacodemon. I always called them tomatoes biggrin_o.gif

I think that monster in the pic is supposed to be a tomato. It behaves like one and the "weapon" it has behaves the same only alot faster.

All the "fireballs" of Doom 1&2 that are in Doom3 is alot faster (hard to dodge some times).

If you did'nt want to see any pics you should'nt be so nosy and click the links  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

As far as I can tell I have'nt spoiled anything in the game. The game is not the weapons, its the chill down your back while playing, which is impossible to explain or show with these pictures. The reason the pic are a little blurry is because I convrted them from tga to jpg and selected quality level 6 in photoshop.

Game runs silky smooth and crystal clear with P-IV 3, 2gb, gf6800gt, 1280x1024, 4xAA, high detail (allmost max).

Doom, certainly has come a long way since this:

Doom06.jpg    Doom09.jpg

Now it looks like this:

Doom 3 screenshot 1

Doom 3 screenshot 2

HOWEVER!

It still won't beat Half-Life 2... not to take anything away from the Doomiverse. I'm a Doom veteran, so I'm also looking forward to this game.

HAIL THE NON-REALISTIC SHOOTERS and such stuff like that. biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I still have those games on my computer. Using this tool called legacy its now got actual 3d enviorments and OpenGL support. tounge_o.gif

I still have those games on my computer. Using this tool called legacy its now got actual 3d enviorments and OpenGL support. tounge_o.gif

Doom II crashes in the 'Monster Condo' map with legacy for me sad_o.gif

Here's my little "review" ;)

Doom 3 was quite nice game, nothing that special other than the graphics but still good. The first 2/3 of the game got really really boring since it was just running around in the mars station, which looked pretty much the same all the way. After that, when going to hell etc. it got interesting again, but then ended too early.

After the few first encounters it wasn't really that scary at all for me, most of the horror is spoiled by the fact that a) the monsters are too easy to kill (playing on marine skill), which means I'm not afraid to them at all, and b) I know that they jump at me after every corner and after every door, so they didn't really manage to surprise me after the first few times...

The graphics were great, running fine with my Ti4200 in 1024x768 with high detail. Audio was fine too, though the recorded PDA sounds were a bit disapointing with their studio-like recorded sound, nothing like the ones in System Shock where you hear things happening in the background etc.

Overall a quite good game, would have been much better if they would have made the monsters much tougher, but had much less of them so you'd have a bit of time to wander around before they suddenly jump at you. Also there should have been more monsters already in the rooms so you could hear them making noises in the rooms around you instead of being spawned around when you enter a trigger. The mars station should have been shorter and the rest of the game much longer.

Now I want a System Shock 1 remake using the Doom 3 engine ;)

Like Kegety said, I wouldn't count on the DOOM itself rather the games produced on that engine. It would be very good idea to create a mod for CQB game using that engine.

Like Kegety said, I wouldn't count on the DOOM itself rather the games produced on that engine. It would be very good idea to create a mod for CQB game using that engine.

Here's hoping SOF3 smile_o.gif

Yeah.... I have to admit I am not that impressed with Doom 3 so far, hopefully we'll got mods for it soon!

That would be what I call SCARY... ghostface.gif

***Edge greets another SysShock1 fan with just a slight nod and wave with ol' good piece of lead pipe***

Here's hoping SOF3  smile_o.gif

No Shadow, I didn't like SOF. Actualy there is no such game that would suit, what I wanted.

No Shadow, I didn't like SOF. Actualy there is no such game that would suit, what I wanted.

Well I liked SOF1&2 so I'm hoping  wink_o.gif

There is one thing that really impresses me with Doom3. The length of it. The amount of levels. Today most games are finnished within a day or two. I looked through the files and I see I still got a long way to go. Yay!

Kegetys, have you figured out "give doom95"?

I get a 'unknown command' error. Sounds like a hoax to me.

Well I liked SOF1&2 so I'm hoping  wink_o.gif

There is one thing that really impresses me with Doom3. The length of it. The amount of levels. Today most games are finnished within a day or two. I looked through the files and I see I still got a long way to go. Yay!

SOF's had one thing cool. I liked to snean to the guy from behind and shoot the back of his head from Desert Eagle.

His face would blow up. pila.gif

I agree, and the same with System Shock 2.

However, I know of some people who approached Electronic Arts (they hold the rights to SS and SS2) about permission to create exactly such a mod for DOOM3.  EA turned them away.

sad_o.gif

I wonder why System Shock 1 needs to be redone with doom3 engine since farcry´s engine would do it better.

@ Aug. 04 2004,17:18)]I wonder why System Shock 1 needs to be redone with doom3 engine since farcry´s engine would do it better.

Come on. I've played Far Cry and it's not that special.

I think far cry is more appropriate for more open spaces than doom3, however SS1 and 2 features mostly confined spaces so doom 3 would seem more logical choice IMHO.

Three questions:

1) Is Doom 3 out in Europe, yet?

2) When in the name of Santa Claus is Half-Life 2 being released?

3) Can anyone lend me a fiver?

[Gareth Gates must die]

Three questions:

1) Is Doom 3 out in Europe, yet?

No.

Quote[/b] ]

2) When in the name of Santa Claus is Half-Life 2 being released?

Before duke nukem forever, I guess. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

3) Can anyone lend me a fiver?

Negative.

Quote[/b] ]

[Gareth Gates must die]

Yup.

i cant make surround sound to work in doom 3 sad_o.gif i have Audigy 2 with 6 speakers ;)

I'm curious to see what comes out in the SDK for D3 vs HL2. If you recall back to the design of Quake2, there was three main components: the exe (containing the graphics engine), gamex86.dll/.so for the actual game and physics, and the various 3d card driver wrappers.

If Doom3 were to continue to follow this model, I think it would be quite reasonable to be able implement all sorts of things in a very cross-platform friendly environment, openGL instead of misdirectx.

Doom 3 was quite nice game, nothing that special other than the graphics but still good. The first 2/3 of the game got really really boring since it was just running around in the mars station, which looked pretty much the same all the way. After that, when going to hell etc. it got interesting again, but then ended too early.

Are you saying the Hell portion is 1/3 of the game?

I just arrived there and think its boring.

Makes me want to quit the game. Sure its nice graphics and effects, but I'm not into this surreal stuff.

Probably because I don't understand it.