Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I feel the same, i run DXDLL at the moment but simply for the reflections. I would love to run with PP but i like having jaggies as much i enjoy a good ol' kick to the jacobs crazy_o.gif

Anyone gifted enough to find a way to run both?

From the Photo thread in generals i have seen some people use dxdll (reflections) but at the same time there pics arent that jaggy/edgy probably because AA/AF was on?

How do you do that?

I`ve had AA and AF fully working with my Saphire Radeon FX 9600 when dxdll was released.

Last week I tried with my Gforce and it simply doesn`t work well at all..no AA & AF and to much lost of detail or model in the reflection(s).

So I think it works probablly better with Radeon(ATI)cards.

0srcrd1hj.jpg

I know it's rather strange for a 6 Series card to me struggling with DXDLL but it's the truth. My GeForce 6600GT struggles when flying over water and the playability degrades so badly that i'm forced to deactivate it yet it worked perfectly on my Radeon 9600XT.

Now thats new , and i have NX 6600 GT so Nvidia cards arent able to run dxdll with AA/AF in conjunction?

Now thats new , and i have NX 6600 GT so Nvidia cards arent able to run dxdll with AA/AF in conjunction?

Well i've run it with both AA and AF and without both and the results are both the same for some reason. Stock clocks on my card and i was extremely confused and disappointed it didn't work. I would create a Frap video, but it cripples OFP.

I run a PCIe X600.

Everything works fine except PP which shuts down AA....not sure about AF though.

Can more people with ATi cards confirm that theycan play with dxdll and AA/AF? I guess this suggests that ATi cards are superior then Nvidias atleast when it comes to OFP? Or is this a special case since DXDLL is only a after render effect and therefore produces unpredictable results with different cards/settings?

Can more people with ATi cards confirm that theycan play with dxdll and AA/AF?

I can run DXDLL together with AntiAliasing,

but the AA effect does´nt work at all (unless PP is disabled).

Using PP w/o AA will give much better performance while it still looks the same.

Obviously, looking at Parvus screens, there may be a few (read: expensive) cards that are able to apply some AA over Postprocessing, but in most cases it just won´t work.

Antialiasing shouldn't work using any card with dxdll 1.0, if it does then the card is not following direct 3D specs :P

Anybody know why the reflections don't work for me with my ATI x800? Anything special I need to do?

Thanks

Did you go into the dxdll folder and alter the settings to reflect objects? Sometimes ya gott do that,its in your main OFP folder.

Yeah my reflection section looks like this:

useReflections=1

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=1

sizeX=1024

sizeY=1024

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=1

useLighting=1

maxCount=600

maxDistance=400

maxHeight=20

bumpStrength=5

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

Hey Kegetys, because you said AA won't work with "dxdll 1.0" i guess there will be an new version soon.  biggrin_o.gif

Hey Kegetys, because you said AA won't work with "dxdll 1.0" i guess there will be an new version soon.   biggrin_o.gif

Unlikely, I do have a version where it works (with some performance penalty) but it has many other bugs and some features are broken like object reflections. Right now I do not have the interest to fix all of it so its unlikely it would get released soon, if ever.

I hope water on ArmAus up close is similar to the kind on CBFD live and reloaded,anyone seen it? The water and...hell the graphics are nothing short of amazing,I hope to see more water effects like that in the future of games.

I can't believe that such a brillaint enhancement for Operation Flashpoint is being neglected in such a ways as that NVIDIA 6 Series users aren't being addressed for another members apparent lack of end user support. I could tell you a number for issues i'm disgusted with in a seperate thread but i wouldn't bother knowing that i would have it locked by a Moderator for "unsolicited postings". I though this community was all about love for a game - not petty squabbles between not to be mentioned here modifications.

I bought Operation Flashpoint GOTY again today. Again. Why? Not because my installation was causing me problems on my previous disc - no, Flashpoint was all spick and span, i bought it because i have an undying love for Flashpoint and for what BIS has done.

If the modifications leaders still had an ounce of passion left for making this game much more than BIS intended, far more pleasing to enjoy and experience, then they would settle their differences mutually and grow up a little.

Now, i'm not aiming this at anyone inparticular or to be a rant, simply the community as a whole, there's times where we need to mature, and need to move on.

Now, where's that 6 Series support? tounge2.gif

The perfomance-issue is not related to the Ge-Force 6-series of cards. It is the driver-release. Try a 6x.xx driver and you will see.

And stop whining about the community. Whining gets you nothing (except angry community members). Think constructive instead wink_o.gif

I can't believe that such a brillaint enhancement for Operation Flashpoint is being neglected in such a ways as that NVIDIA 6 Series users aren't being addressed for another members apparent lack of end user support.

Until you are willing to give out some $$$ (or euros preferably) I dont think you are in any position to whine about lack of support.

I can run ofp with AA on 8x and Anisotropic on 8x and dxdll 1.0, BUT, there is no difference, so i just leave AA and aniso off.

But installing omega drivers instead of nvidia ones made ofp look better though. smile_o.gif

And stop whining about the community. Whining gets you nothing (except angry community members). Think constructive instead  wink_o.gif

*Thinks* *Has Idea* Marek For President. Or something. So, what you're trying to say is that a better place for my constructive criticism would be my MSN Space? I suppose it would yet i've only had around three single comments on it in over 600 views! Also, Kegety's, i may not be in a financial situation to support your work in any way, but i do have an opinion.

Also: I may add that i did in no way intend that to be an "attack" or a rant at Kegety directly, it was simply something that i thought had to be said. Either way, happy smiles all round i hope. smile_o.gif

For 6600GT try the Forceware 78.11 drivers from Guru3D.com...i had the Omega 66.93 in which were fine but this one is definitely much better(marked improvements running DXDLL,ECP1.085,Y2K3,Lasers cti upgrade missions etc)..give it a shot Sch1sm.

Another dxdll querie.

How do i get to use that dxdll included dark water texture rather then having those silesians/llaumax water textures as i am using llaumax mod in OFP. Theres no option in the dxdll configurator itself.

Another dxdll querie.

How do i get to use that dxdll included dark water texture rather then having those silesians/llaumax water textures as i am using llaumax mod in OFP. Theres no option in the dxdll configurator itself.

dxdll water is bis original,it wont work with anything else, you just need to remove all the more_anim.pac (1 to 7) from your llaumax\newdata folder and rerun the .bat again.