Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

WWII Collection Mod

One question how do you use the beach landing script

Jankyballs,

I have the mod up and running in its own mod folder. By far the best guide to doing this is on Avon Lady's incomparable site here. First I took the precaution of moving all the other "goodies" I've accumulated out from the Addons and Res\Addons folders and into yet another mod folder which I called "Extra". This was to save me from any conflict between the stuff I was already using and the WWII download. Then I followed the WWII instructions, made a folder called "WWII" and just put everything downloaded in there. Don't forget to take the objects from the second download and put them in the "WWII\Addons" sub-folder too. You can run multiple folders simultaneously, so when I want to play BAS stuff with EECP I just put those two folder titles at the end of the command/target statement, like this:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -mod=BAS;@ECP

I keep an absolute basic shortcut which only loads OpFP Resistance - no problems at all, no loss of functionality.

- To summarise, read Avon Lady's page, follow the WWII instructions and Bob's your Mother's Brother.

Features:

- Reordering of units

- Interchangerble weapons

- Weapon alterations (UP thompson has single shot mode)

- Armour & speed values are altered as per http://www.onwar.com/tanks/ note; this does not completly reflect the universal armor code.

- FAB's panther packs armour tweaked so stronger (2 hits)

- Pak 36 is towable by opels

- Fixing of major bugs

- Vehicles are assigned appropriate crews

- Infantry equipped with UPMINDER weapons OR I44 weapons loadouts

WWIIcollection1.jpg

Jankyballs,

I have the mod up and running in its own mod folder.  By far the best guide to doing this is on Avon Lady's incomparable site here. First I took the precaution of moving all the other "goodies" I've accumulated out from the Addons and Res\Addons folders and into yet another mod folder which I called "Extra".  This was to save me from any conflict between the stuff I was already using and the WWII download.  Then I followed the WWII instructions, made a folder called "WWII" and just put everything downloaded in there.  Don't forget to take the objects from the second download and put them in the "WWII\Addons" sub-folder too.  You can run multiple folders simultaneously, so when I want to play BAS stuff with EECP I just put those two folder titles at the end of the command/target statement, like this:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nosplash -mod=BAS;@ECP

I keep an absolute basic shortcut which only loads OpFP Resistance - no problems at all, no loss of functionality.

- To summarise, read Avon Lady's page, follow the WWII instructions and Bob's your Mother's Brother.

It works man. Thanks

Anybody know which addon(s) the majority of the handheld weapons are configed?

I looked through a bunch with Pbox (thank goodness for that tool) but I am not seeing where most of the weapons are located. Anybody got any idea?

All pistols are bugged, if you leave a vehicle you stay there as a stone, can'T more or fire. If you take a pistol as a group commander you cannot take you primary weapon back. That all can only be fixed by droping the weapon, what sucks somehow if that is you only weapon and you were shit down as a pilot. And some sounds just don't work.

Besides that it is pretty nice.

You really should compile the config into a .bin file. In doing so, you eliminate the handgun bug. Also, I would appriciate it if you would use the latest version of my FlashFX mod (1.6) if you release any further updates/fixes. Other than that, it's a pretty alright pack and you deserve credit. Good job!

does some1 know the name of the song ingame and sometimes in menu :

music_oma ??

Quote[/b] ]does some1 know the name of the song ingame and sometimes in menu :

music_oma ??

It's either taken from movie Saving Private Ryan or form mini TV-series Band of Brothers, IMO.

IMDB

found it , it was from Saving Private Ryan , called omaha Beach .. ;)

still thnx!

This mod has a lot of bugs in it and I'm hoping that it will be fixed for the next version (pistols, missing addon errors, islands) Otherwise the mod was a great idea.

This is a great, great mod Guys biggrin_o.gif Its about time some one put the ww2 addons together in this way. Please keep up the work this fantastic mod.

Although we have discovered a couple of small bugs

1st the Landser officers hand gun appears invisable although the sights and the gun do work.

2nd when playing some missions we get "cannot find up_ww2 addon" message appearing on screen and some of the machine gun tripods will not deploy properly. Is there any chance you could address these anomolies.

So comon you mission makers out there, lets have some more great ww2 missions to play now we have the mod to do this

BigUzi biggrin_o.gif (ww2 fan from the very start) biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

This is a great, great mod Guys  biggrin_o.gif   Its about time some one put the ww2 addons together in this way. Please keep up the work this fantastic mod.

Although we have discovered a couple of small bugs.

1st the Landser officers hand gun appears invisable although the sights and the gun do work.

2nd when playing some missions we get "cannot find up_ww2 addon" message appearing on screen and some of the machine gun tripods will not deploy properly. Is there any chance you could address these anomolies.

So you mission makers out there, lets have some more great ww2 missions to play now we have the mod to do this.

BigUzi    biggrin_o.gif   (ww2 fan from the very start)  biggrin_o.gif

I have just discovered this mod, it is indeed a very good idea. All major bugs I have noticed have already been mentioned, so no need to re-report them.

One thing REALLY bothers me, though : nearly all Axis soldiers come under the "Nazi" heading. Could you just make a distinction between the Wehrmacht and the Nazis ? To say the least, it would be more historically accurate.

Good work anyways !

Ig.

Hi .

I can't get the sound to work in this mod .

Every other mod and normal opfp has sound.

Where do I put the stuff from the objects download?

Do the objects go in the opfp folder,ofp addons folder,ww2 folder or ww2 addons folder?

My sound doesn't work with this mod .

Regards Darren.

Regards Darren.

Odear-I'm still stuffed trying to figure out the sound problem with this mod. sad_o.gif

Can I just delete the WWII folder to uninstall it?

You can edit posts on this forum instead of posting new ones.

Anyway, add -nomap to the execute's shortcut.

mmmmm you not the only ones experiencing probs with the sound in the mod. My sound works fine but a friend who downloaded the mod as similar sound probs as u guys do. No sound in the intro screen. BTW I put all the objects into the the WWII addon folder and I start the game as any other mod with the -mod=WWII line in place.

Some good news

Go download the 35 ww2 multi player maps from the official forums, there on page 9 of the user mission section. if you down load the addon pack too its about 240 meg and goes by the name i44demo pack there are only 3 or so files you need to swop over to the new WWII mod addon folder so you can play all 35 online multiplayer missions with the new WWII mod.

We are also in the process of setting up a WWII server to play these 35 missions and all the 1944 released multiplayer maps too. If any one has any WW2 coop mission maps could you please post links to them here.

PS I think we need a revised config file so we can sort these sound issues out as well as some other bugs. but remember guys this is a complete game here, new islands the works. remember all the soddin patches we had to download for ofp as it developed too.

Its a credit to the guys who saved me the job of doing this myself.

BigUzi

(live in peace)

If you're not using -nomap then use it.

nomap.jpg

smasha 4 replies in a row aren't necessary smile_o.gif

OK I tried the -nomap command and still no sound.

I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Thanks everyone for helping. smile_o.gif

hi, as this mod is a compilation of single addons,

can someone tell me what files i have to take out to get the BmwR75-series working. i know have:

bmwr75.pbo; bmwr75a.pbo and and_ww2mg42.pbo and i get this texture bug (the pics are taken from quite a long distance cause there the mg of the desert one gets white too, but only outside this mod;and all the lights are missing on the grey bikes).

here the pic with the bugs

Bug.th.jpg

Hi

can anyone give me a link that works?

MY friend can't DL from OFP.info and I haven't found another link yet.

How far is the sound fix for this mod?

I'm dying to try it out with sound this time. biggrin_o.gif