Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

U.s. army special forces

yes, i really enjoy it. that's gonna be something special in the final version! i'm sure.  smile_o.gif

They are SPECIAL tounge_o.gif

Look at their name Special Forces biggrin_o.gif

EDIT2: Yet another addon that's not OFPEC-tagged.  sad_o.gif

I've briefly looked into config.cpp.

The cfgPatches section is the perfect example how it should NOT be made. The requiredAddons={} entry is missing too.

You really need to get yourself a good config writer (not me tounge_o.gif ).

@extraction: if you want i can fix it for you...

EDIT2: Yet another addon that's not OFPEC-tagged.  sad_o.gif

I've briefly looked into config.cpp.

The cfgPatches section is the perfect example how it should NOT be made. The requiredAddons={} entry is missing too.

You really need to get yourself a good config writer (not me tounge_o.gif ).

LOL yeah I thought after almost finnishing the pack that I should tag it but than I thought all that work for textures patches and thought nah forget it biggrin_o.gif

And about cpp requiredAddons={} entry you right I deffinitlly need a skilled cpp writer can you be my cpp writer tounge_o.gif

@extraction: if you want i can fix it for you...

Sure thing m8 I am not that good in cpp files crazy_o.gif

Send it to me when you have fixed it so I can use it in final wink_o.gif

LOL yeah I thought after almost finnishing the pack that I should tag it but than I thought all that work for textures patches and thought nah forget it biggrin_o.gif

You (or probably raedor) can change at least config.cpp class names to be OFPEC-tagged.

Edit:typo.

extraction,

please check your messenger, i sent you a message.

Well I think these guys are pretty cool for a first beta. Some suggestions though. Please, PLEASE darken up the DCU's, BAS's desert camo always seemed way to bright to me. Make some guys wearing plain jane one color baseball caps instead of camo patrol caps. I like the camo/civilian 50/50 units.

Also for weapons have them using EoTechs/Aimponts/ACOG's, NO ONE used Reflex sights anymore.

Extraction you dont need ICP Weapon pack. This Mk23 pistol is originally from INQ_Weapon pack. ORCS only change its name to ICP_Mk23. In INQ weapon pack you have also silenced version. Class names are INQ_Mk23 for default pistol, and INQ_Mk23SD for silenced version . Mags are INQ_Mk23 and INQ_Mk23SDMag . I also suggest using INQ weapons, not BAS, less stuff to download. More peaple have INQ-s weapons, than LSR Rangers. Here you have Link. This is Paa version, not laggy JPEG version, it runs fine in slow PC-s like mine ( 1.3 Celeron).

How many people want that I change weaponpack to INQ weapon pack rock.gif

It is your call

wink_o.gif

if inq uses paa/pac (and that's what he's doing afaik) take inqs weapons...

/edit: oh, i see... just take the weaponpack of inq from that link of kuba smile_o.gif

Well,,, as it already need BAS to use,, isnt it not sensible to use BAS,,, rather than a 3rd addon just to play.. Surely if anyone wants to use INQ wep pack they can add them on their own in mission editor.. smile_o.gif  maybe

Or am i reading this wrong,, Do u mean,, redo them and they have INQs weapons config within troops so it doesnt need any extra addon.. that would be fine of course smile_o.gif

i agree with purple-patch, i say stick with BAS. it would be alot easier for everyone, because most gamers probaly have it. then if they want to change the names or weapons, it would be their choice to do so, but in the mean time try and keep a limit on the amount of addons are needed to use this addon. i say make it BAS weapons only.

[edit]@purple-patch:[/edit]

we're discussing here about taking inquisitors weapnpack instead of BAS and laser's. so you just have to download one little pack instead of two really big packs.

but imho it's not that a big problem, cos i'm sure most mission makers will use the green berets in combination with bas units...

Well,,, as it already need BAS to use,, isnt it not sensible to use BAS,,, rather than a 3rd addon just to play.. Surely if anyone wants to use INQ wep pack they can add them on their own in mission editor.. smile_o.gif  maybe

Or am i reading this wrong,, Do u mean,, redo them and they have INQs weapons config within troops so it doesnt need any extra addon.. that would be fine of course smile_o.gif

If I redo it with INQ weapon pack and make it in 1 rar than the dl would be huge if I redo them than you must dl INQ weapon pack self wink_o.gif

i agree with purple-patch, i say stick with BAS. it would be alot easier for everyone, because most gamers probaly have it. then if they want to change the names or weapons, it would be their choice to do so, but in the mean time try and keep a limit on the amount of addons are needed to use this addon. i say make it BAS weapons only.

see what i said in my last post smile_o.gif

is that truck an addon? if so, where can i get that?

they're INQ's retextured HTTV's i believe

get them here

on the INQ vs BAS issue, i would really like it done with INQ's weaponpack.not to offend anyone, but some of BAS's weapon need a new paint job badly.

ok... these look a little better than i thought they would.. nice work Extraction.. i hope you got short sleeves for black guys... like kinda what the sebnam pack had.. it matched the colors of the faces.