Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

FMTV

I recently got driver training on the "relatively" new Family Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV). I believe it was pretty much copied from a Euro design but Stewart and Stevenson finally got a military cargo truck right. It's powerful, fast, relatively quiet and comfortable (the old M-35's make you deaf after a while), and very user friendly, best of all it doesn't require an entire parking lot to turn around. I'd like to see some for OFP. A FMTV 6x6(5 ton) and a LMTV 4x4(2 1/2 ton), and maybe perhaps a HIMARS for CoC Unified Arty.

FMTVwater.jpg

FMTV

fmtv3.jpg

FMTV w/ HIMARS

I've seen these before, they are cool as hell to watch.

They are pretty fun to drive too, although you gotta be carefull cornering because it has a high center of gravity, luckily there's a tilt guage in the cab.

More likely because of the independant suspension like the M151 series. That can easily be solved by careful defensive driving though, although you don't really have to be too defensive in an MTVR as they are as big as a house.

Isn't the Combat!-Team working on something like this (in a Cargo and Fuel-Version)?

edit:

Naa ok ... just checked the Combat!-Thread and saw that Snuper-Skull is working on (very good looking  biggrin_o.gif ) HEMMTs ... not FMTVs

Isn't the Combat!-Team working on something like this (in a Cargo and Fuel-Version)?

I think you mean the HEMTT

Would anyone happen to have top and rear schematic views? The S&S website has some very good front and side views, but I've gone as far as I can without guessing at things. Even off-center photos showing the rear and bed of the basic truck, M1080A1, would help a lot.

Now that I've asked that, no promises concerning results. wink_o.gif

i'll get to it all in do time guy's wink_o.gif

Meaning the HEMTTs, not the FMTVs, right?

i'll get to it all in do time guy's wink_o.gif

Meaning the HEMTTs, not the FMTVs, right?

no the FMTVs

no the FMTVs

Ah, ok. It'll be interesting to see how our results differ.

Extending my previous image request to include any showing the interior with any detail.

LMTVs and FMTVs are all we use now. We have a ton of them down at our motorpool. I could go down there an take some pics if someone needs them. There are a bunch of different variations. We have flatbeds, ones with solid boxes on the back, ones with cranes on the back, I even saw one in the SF motorpool that had the roof cut off, hehe. There is a gunner position up top center. Can be mounted with MK19 and M2 for sure, not sure what else.

Monty

Actually, I think I've just eliminated my need for the time being; I found someone's online album containing many detailed images of, among many others vehicles, the M1078 FMTV version.

Thanks for the offer and option though.

yeah the FMTV/LMTV has a standard turret in the roof with the same pintle system that is on the HMMWV, can accomidate M2/ Mk19/ M240 series/ M249 series/ and quite possibly a TOW. Our motorpool guy told us that the thing can take a .50 cal round right in the tire as long as it as moving and go 300 miles on it.

Does anyone still working on these trucks?

Would be a nice addition to Ofp,I saw some time ago a pic in the closed Combat thread but apart from that anyone has plans to make one??

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. The FMTV is now the main truck for the US military from what I can tell as it replaces a whole bunch of different trucks.

It would be fantastic to at least have a troop carrier version with a M2 or Mk19 on the turret in OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Does anyone still working on these trucks?

Would be a nice addition to Ofp,I saw some time ago a pic in  the closed Combat thread but apart from that anyone has plans to make one??

Not for OFP, it seems. sad_o.gif

It would be fantastic to at least have a troop carrier version with a M2 or Mk19 on the turret in OFP.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Exactly Miles,I use a lot HEMTT in my convoy missions but I would like to have some troop carriers aswell,yea sure we have the M925 by Marfy but that truck gets old,besides the FMTV looks so good.

Maybe some modders will look into this truck if they have time,I think it would be a shame not to have this truck in Ofp along with all the other superb add-ons. sad_o.gif

I started on a cab once but it never got finished because my texturing skills were poor. I will restart the project, now I see there is such a high demand for it, when I come back from vacation. I will show some pics within 2 weeks smile_o.gif

yeah the FMTV/LMTV has a standard turret in the roof with the same pintle system that is on the HMMWV, can accomidate M2/ Mk19/ M240 series/ M249 series/ and quite possibly a TOW. Our motorpool guy told us that the thing can take a .50 cal round right in the tire as long as it as moving and go 300 miles on it.

I really think a TOW would be a smart idea.... they're in the front lines in convoys in Iraq, but it's too tall for an effective platform. Stick with the vehicles that have them...

I was going to give a link to some photos I took in Iraq of the "up-armored" ones but no joy.

I started on a cab once but it never got finished because my texturing skills were poor. I will restart the project, now I see there is such a high demand for it, when I come back from vacation. I will show some pics within 2 weeks  smile_o.gif

Thats great news,looking forward to see those pics.

I think a lot of people will love this truck(just to get you motivated tounge_o.gif ) nah the truth is that I like the car side a lot in Ofp,Humvees,HEMTT's,MAN trucks anything with wheels and an steering wheel. smile_o.gif