Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Multi Gun Positions

this opens up addon mking to more things, turrets work on planes dont they? you could make some kind of ww2 bomber smile_o.gif

Hope the limitations can be overcome. This would be a true breakthrough for addon construction.

Best of luck!

Para

A couple things to point out:

First, there are a good number of cons that you may notice, that don't really look that great when in-game. Unless the cons can be fixed, it probably won't be that popular, and would look horrible on a tank.

Second, this has been done before. This ship has both a 76mm cannon and a 30mm cannon on it, and it's two years old. And there's the Warhammer tank thing as well.

We can only hope that OFP2 truely supports multiple gunners, though it might not cause VBS1 doesn't. Also hope for being able to shoot from the cargo position.

We can only hope that OFP2 truely supports multiple gunners, though it might not cause VBS1 doesn't.

And once again:

VBS1 = OFP1 with some additions, better models...

OFP2 = new engine, has nothing to do with VBS1

wink_o.gif

A couple things to point out:

First, there are a good number of cons that you may notice, that don't really look that great when in-game. Unless the cons can be fixed, it probably won't be that popular, and would look horrible on a tank.

Second, this has been done before. This ship has both a 76mm cannon and a 30mm cannon on it, and it's two years old. And there's the Warhammer tank thing as well.

We can only hope that OFP2 truely supports multiple gunners, though it might not cause VBS1 doesn't. Also hope for being able to shoot from the cargo position.

I had not seen the ship pic, but was aware of the tank experiment, and I was not claiming anything new. I was adding lights to the oil rig model when I thought I'd experiment with the guns on a boat. Its not perfect by any means, but it doesnt look that bad apart fromm a couple of things already mentioned.

However, this can be used successfully on boats. At the moment there is no alternative, and as you say if VBS1 doenst support multiple guns OFP2 might not either. This would be sad as most later games now support multiple gun positions. In the mean time I will continue, with community support, see if some of OFP1's limitations can be over come.

Hmm thats not so new, Punkrockers Russian Destroyer ship had a extra turret working via setpos/getpos scripts a while ago.

If you wanna impress me make it possible on a tank that jumps over hills full speed without the extra turret disconnecting from the body  wink_o.gif

If you wanna try that on a tank we can lend you a t55 for your attempts smile_o.gif

However i didnt read the full text ( t work atm ) so if this thing works completely different then im sorry.

No flaming here, i just wanted to show my point of view.

And once again:

wink_o.gif

Don't know where you're hearing that from, since OFP2 is based off of VBS1

Source

And OFP2 is on the second generation of the same engine, not a new engine.

And once again:

wink_o.gif

Don't know where you're hearing that from, since OFP2 is based off of VBS1

Source

And OFP2 is on the second generation of the same engine, not a new engine.

if you look indeep into the OFP2 forum here you will found out that BIS is under going a massive rewrite on engine code for OFP2, it may still be a secound generation engine(atless be called as), but it is very close to be a new one

Quote[/b] ]if you look indeep into the OFP2 forum here you will found out that BIS is under going a massive rewrite on engine code for OFP2, it may still be a secound generation engine(atless be called as), but it is very close to be a new one

That's good. So its ok for me to stop experimenting ?

Klink: Can all those weapons have different target preferences? i.e. Air or Surface targets first.

I think the most useful platform for this amount of extra firepower would be wheeled vehicles.....*Imshi clicks heels together three times* damn.

Well what about a 5ton truck or Jeep testbed version Klink?

GJ so far anyway

The weapons tested so far will all fire at air first depending on the aircrafts armor value, then sea (boats) the bigger guns will attack armor, the brownings men and light vehicles. wasn't intentionally done this way but its what I've observed.

I'd try a land vehicle but the issues that are slight in the boat test bed will be more noticeable in land vehicles.

be good if the guns can be attached to proxies THEN all problems would be solved

The weapons tested so far will all fire at air first depending on the aircrafts armor value, then sea (boats) the bigger guns will attack armor, the brownings men and light vehicles. wasn't intentionally done this way but its what I've observed.

I'd try a land vehicle but the issues that are slight in the boat test bed will be more noticeable in land vehicles.

be good if the guns can be attached to proxies THEN all problems would be solved

What about a Hydraulic sleeve or similar "patching" texture that stays inside the weapon model until it moves from the vehicle?

Could it be added to the basic vehicle?

I already tried that a few times, but didn't have any success. sad_o.gif

Vehicles can't be attached as proxies, though I'm asking myself why BIS did put the entries transportVehiclesCount and transportVehiclesMass in their own config. I experimented around with these, but wasn't successful, also by naming the proxies "proxy:vehicle.01" and such stuff. Maybe they can clear this up at this point?

But try around, maybe you'll get it smile_o.gif

will the pitch and roll 'con' ever be sorted out - than we can have multi gun tanks

is this possibul at all or am I dreaming?

Impossible. If it was in any way possible BAS would have done it ages ago, I'm convinced of that.

You know, BAS is not the superman of Addons, there are some things they can't do. So, please, shut up.

BAS, Kegetys, RHS, (FDF?), and numerous other smaller teams all have failed in making this work.

So please, don't f***ing ask me to shut up unless you have devised such a system yourself. blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]will the pitch and roll 'con' ever be sorted out - than we can have multi gun tanks

Pitch and roll can be obtained using the method we developed for MCar. But making the extra tank turrets pitch and roll, is another problem all together.

As long as VB's HASL functions work with boats the same way they do with land vehicles, you might be able to use our method?

If you dont mind AI weapon systems you could probably put any number of extra weapons\turrets on a vehicle. But when I say AI, I mean user made AI scripts and not OFP's AI.

will the pitch and roll 'con' ever be sorted out - than we can have multi gun tanks

Impossible. If it was in any way possible BAS would have done it ages ago, I'm convinced of that.

You know, BAS is not the superman of Addons, there are some things they can't do. So, please, shut up.

BAS, Kegetys, RHS, (FDF?), and numerous other smaller teams all have failed in making this work.

So please, don't f***ing ask me to shut up unless you have devised such a system yourself. blues.gif

shhhhhhh child.

Oh so since they can't do it, no one can?

Klink, you keep on truckin' mano, don't listen to folks arount heah, waiting for OFP2 is kinda like waiting to open your Xmas presents..........

In June.

why the aggro? Does it cause you such pain to be disagreed with?

No, I wasn't the one who wanted the other part to shut up, remember? rock.gif Have I told anyone they can't voice their opinion or attacked anyone because they think this can be done? No?

btw how does this boat work differently from the Pauk-class destroyer addon?

Gosh...what happened? ? ? ? wow_o.gif

Here's a guy trying to experiment and asking for ideas and there some folks giving negative comments?

Lol!..no worries, Col.. within u thru the years u have shown the Gallielo spirit...poor fella was the only man who persisted that the world was round when all was saying the world was flat....we need more pple like u around..( me still have ur harrier jet..the very first one that opened my mind to possiblities..its a classic to me tounge_o.gif ).

C'mon...give the guy some encouragement will yer?..it aint easy trying to overcome ofp limits....many failed and made claims but some do succeed...even if some dont..we all learnt something from it and will progress further....

" Aim for the moon and if u fail..u will land among the stars"

All the best, Col..dont give up...the future of ofp is in the hands of pple like u..for ofp2 is still a dream. smile_o.gif

Will it be posible to have a commander of a tank dive back in to it when he dosent want to be taget pratice or will he have to tsay up there the hole time to get the M2 to work.

Oh I amall ready dreaming og Abrams whit both commander and loader gun working(good by close up RPG).

Erhm if you don't put a gunner in front of the driver will he still have problems driving??

STGN

*sigh* Let's not make a big deal out of this, I was just giving my opinion on the second post in my first post, then motivated that opinion in my second post and responded to what I percieved as a groundless personal attack.

I am not trying to make everyone stop trying, I would love to see multiple working gunner positions on aircraft/land vehicles in OFP, and I look forward to seeing Col.Klink's boat in action. smile_o.gif

Thank you Col Klink for using youre knowledge and talent on overcoming OFP limitations ,if wish we had 100's like you. wink_o.gif

This will be nice for al those falklands boats. smile_o.gif